Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
8GE1eSC.png
The insistence on making games 3D in the early 3D era was such a fucking mistake.
IWD still looks amazing, NWN still looks like trash.

Generic-Giant-Spider

"It's early alpha, it'll be fixed by beta."

"It's closed beta, it'll be fixed by open beta."

"It's open beta, it'll be fixed by release."

"It's release, it'll be fixed in a few patches."

"It's a few patches, it'll be fixed in the enhanced edition."

"It's enhanced edition, it'll never be fixed."

Codex Year of the Donut
The insistence on making games 3D in the early 3D era was such a fucking mistake.
early 3d is like mid 90s. By early 00s 3D was already decent, it's just NWN looked like ass because of tiles.
Van Buren demo looks quite pretty imo.
NWN production started in 97 iirc, and it shows.
I remember game "journalists" saying NWN looked great in reviews, fucking shills
https://web.archive.org/web/20050108202135/http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r13354.htm

Wunderbar

Arcane
I remember game "journalists" saying NWN looked great in reviews, fucking shills
idk
i remember thinking that oblivion looked astonishing in 2007.
Now i think it looks like ass thanks to shitty bloom, glossy plastic textures, ugly NPCs and speedtrees, while other games from that time and earlier aged better.
Maybe it's the same

early 3d is like mid 90s. By early 00s 3D was already decent, it's just NWN looked like ass because of tiles.
https://web.archive.org/web/20050108202135/http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r13354.htm
Blade runner was 3D and came in 97 as well, but still looks good
orig

It's up to dev's skills if 3D works and ages well.

Wunderbar

Arcane
orig

that was pre-rendered 3D, not real time.

Codex Year of the Donut
orig

Everything in that game is pre-rendered.

Crispy's Boyfriend

To those of you thinking, in hope or in despair, that Minsc will not appear in this title - how much are you willing to bet that Larian Studios has enough willpower not to include a well-known, goofy character within their game?

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
The official list of races and classes for early access:
6 classes (subclasses)
  • Fighter - Battle Master, Eldritch Knight
  • Wizard - Evocation, Abjuration
  • Rogue - Arcane Trickster, Thief
  • Ranger - Hunter, Beast Master
  • Cleric - Life, Light, Trickery
  • Warlock - Fiend, Great One

Missing for now 6 classes
  • Bard - Sorry but a DND game without them shouldn't exist, must be included!
  • Sorcerer - easy to implement just but jut edgier wizards could be cut IMO
  • Barbarian - easy to implement and should be in
  • Druid - lots of work with their transformations probably, extremely unpopular due to limited role-playing won't be included
  • Monk - since Pink Eye doesn't care about BG3 they might not make it
  • Paladin -edgier cleric
15 Races (subraces)
  • Human
  • Half-Elf
  • Elf (High, Wood)
  • Drow - why aren't they an elven subrace?
  • half-Drow -WFT?
  • Dwarf (Mountain, Hill)
  • Halfling (stout, Lightfoot)
  • Githyanki - makes sense for the theme
  • Tiefling (Asmodeus)
Missing for now:
  • Dragonborn - Will most certainly be included but they need their own animations
  • Half-Orc - Semi popular might not make i
  • Gnome - Given their unpopularity, I think they'll be cut
  • Yuan-ti Purblood - I just like them a lot.:cry:
Can't decide whether that's a lot for an AAA game or severely lacking for a DND game.

Where did you get the list of subclasses? That better not be the complete list, I hope for gloomstalker ranger and assassin rogue.

I thought it was confirmed by the way that all 12 classes would be in?

Tytus

Arcane
Dodo1610

Why are you baffled by half-Drow? They were in past D&D games already.

Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone is a video game that was released in 2004 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Windows PC.

R.A. Salvatore wrote the game's script,[3] which begins with Rannek, a human fighter, stumbling across a battle between two orc armies. As he comes to the aid of wood elves captured by the orcs, a half-drow, half-elf named Zhai and a sorcerer named Illius join the battle.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Periodically I find myself looking for information on The Black Hound just to get my monthly dose of suffering, but I never knew this. Fuck me, fucking MARALIE FIDDLEBENDER as a companion, I can't live with this. I would honestly play the game 24/7 just to listen to her and cuddle her to death.

Missing for now 6 classes
  • Bard - Sorry but a DND game without them shouldn't exist, must be included!
  • Sorcerer - easy to implement just but jut edgier wizards could be cut IMO
  • Barbarian - easy to implement and should be in
  • Druid - lots of work with their transformations probably, extremely unpopular due to limited role-playing won't be included
  • Monk - since Pink Eye doesn't care about BG3 they might not make it
  • Paladin -edgier cleric
Missing for now:
  • Dragonborn - Will most certainly be included but they need their own animations
  • Half-Orc - Semi popular might not make it
  • Gnome - Given their unpopularity, I think they'll be cut
  • Yuan-ti Purblood - I just like them a lot.:cry:
Can't decide whether that's a lot for an AAA game or severely lacking for a DND game.
Sorcerers are not edgier wizards in 5e. They are the only ones who have access to metamagic.
Druids are essential. A D&D game without druids would be a fucking disgrace.
Monks are disgusting and should be deleted from every game in existence.
Paladins have nothing to do with clerics in this edition. They are fighters with different features.

Curratum

You cunts deserve all your D&D games in the future to have just the Fighting Man, the Cleric and the Magic User.

Cleric is too complicated.

All future games should have Fighting Man, Stealing Man, Magic Man. Those are all the classes you need.

Completely missing the point that those were the only 3 classes in the first incarnation of D&D.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom