Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pregnancy in Video Games

Cambios

Scholar
MLMarkland said:
I'm here to announce development of Murphy Brown the Game for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.

Hahahaha. For this post and many others, this thread definitely delivers.

Andrej said:
Most women shit themselves when they give birth. Statistically, most of us were all born onto beds of shit.

Do you have any basis for this? I have definitely heard of this happening occasionally, but "most"? I don't think "most" is accurate.

Andrej

Liturgist
Mad_Dog: That's just revisionist bullshit. Most parents, post birth, try to cover up the fact that their children were born out onto a smorgasbord of shit. No one wants to admit that their children were shat out of a hateful womb onto a bed of shit.

Annie: I don't know about the "you people" part, but I'm not satisfied, I'm disgusted. I'm disgusted by you, ANNIE!

Also, selling your womb is entirely possible and legal in at least some countries. However, I don't know about surgically removing it.

Cambios: I have proof, but it's NSFW so youtube won't let me post it.

Luzur

Good Sir
(also, I don't know about women automatically shitting themselves when they give birth, but what CAN happen is that the skin between the vagina and the anus can SPLIT. Sometimes when it reheals, it can be improperly - i.e. I should say this happens when proper medical care isn't received, as in 3rd world nations - and can create something called an "obstetric fistula." Try looking THAT up on Wikipedia)

i did, and it made me wonder why mother nature didnt do the whole birth thing alot more better, like no pain and no ripping and maybe more smoothly.

its like the whole thing is only a Beta version right now.

Thor Kaufman

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Luzur said:
(also, I don't know about women automatically shitting themselves when they give birth, but what CAN happen is that the skin between the vagina and the anus can SPLIT. Sometimes when it reheals, it can be improperly - i.e. I should say this happens when proper medical care isn't received, as in 3rd world nations - and can create something called an "obstetric fistula." Try looking THAT up on Wikipedia)

i did, and it made me wonder why mother nature didnt do the whole birth thing alot more better, like no pain and no ripping and maybe more smoothly.

its like the whole thing is only a Beta version right now.
because god hates loose vaginas obviously

pregnancy is displayed in the Creatures series. only the mating in the series isn't graphic. it's just a very long kissing sound with a pop at the end, but the females' stomaches get bigger, then they lay an egg.

crufty

Arcane
Luzur said:

in theory if a woman forgoes medication and walks around a lot on their hands and knees many of the side effects of birth are avoided.

But I agree, for all our scientific method / technology, the birthing process is no different today then 1000 years ago, except for the pain meds and the stuff that can be done to help sustain mother/child life.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
crufty said:
But I agree, for all our scientific method / technology, the birthing process is no different today then 1000 years ago, except for the pain meds and the stuff that can be done to help sustain mother/child life.

Quite an stupid comment. Meds and oxygen cabinets and C-section and whatelse make a HUGE difference.

"Hai guys, for all our scientific method / technology, the farming process is no different today than 1000 years ago, except for the mechanical tools, pesticides, fertilizers, crop rotation etc"

"Hai guys, for all our scientific method / technology, the manufacturing process is no different today than 1000 years ago, except for the industrialization and better metallurgy, plastics, conveyor belts and robots"

mondblut

Arcane
crufty said:
I think babies are a lot of fun. A baby will soften even the most hardened codexian heart.

Um, no. My parttime gf occasionally drops by with her year and half toddler officially born of her husband, and I dream of a separate room with 100% sonic isolation and bereft of absolutely anything which can be broken, smeared, or makes sounds. Babies are the most annoying thing in the universe. It's so good it wasn't I who was appointed a happy father :lol:

Annie Mitsoda

Digimancy Entertainment
Developer
I like to think I bring style as well as substance. And quality as well as quantity.

...or should I just post LOL FO3 SUX RETARDZ in every other thread and refuse to participate in discussion?

feighnt

Scholar
Annie Carlson said:
...or should I just post LOL FO3 SUX RETARDZ in every other thread and refuse to participate in discussion?

please, please dont. :(

i havent been here long, but you're easily one of the most pleasant of the posters here.

Talonfire

Scholar
This isn't the 'burbs sonny, this is the RPG Codex; pleasantness is a sign of weakness.

Cambios

Scholar
The direction this discussion has gone is an example of why I think issues like pregnancy in video games can have some value.

It gives people an opportunity to deal with a complex issue when the stakes are low (no children involved).

Redeye

Arcane
Talonfire said:
This isn't the 'burbs sonny, this is the RPG Codex; pleasantness is a sign of weakness.

winklercenter.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom