Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News This is Like That Thing Team Gizka was Talking About

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

Stepping into the void left by the all devouring <a href="http://www.team-gizka.org/forums.html" target="blank">Team Gizka TSL Restoration Project</a> is the <b><a href="http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=207" target="blank">TSL Restored Content Mod</a></b>. So what do they have to offer other than a slightly different name? How about 97.3% less goofy drama and an open beta release that you can actually download right now. <b><a href="http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=339" target="blank">Get to it</a></b>.
<br>
<br>
The full list of what is restored can be found <a href="http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=228" target="blank">here</a>.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/">Rock Paper Shotgun</A>

Wyrmlord

Arcane
For fuck's sake, why do they make mods for a 20-hour game made more than five years ago, with a crude engine and a quick selling ticket on a Star Wars license?

Modders are truly autistic.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
The Vanished One said:
Jason, everybody knows already.
Also, in true Codex spirit, in the first reply Wyrmlord bashes the modder, whose only fault is having been fast and hard working.
It's not like Codex is some uniform hivemind.

The rest of the guys are the ones who care about a restoration mod being shipped out fast; I only wondered why so much effort is put into one very very small game from ages ago. My bitching is totally isolated here. So you don't have to worry about any singular double standards in the Codex or anything.

I know, I know, I was just thinking about the TG thread and how it turned into a drama factory, enjoyed by many.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Wyrmlord said:
For fuck's sake, why do they make mods for a 20-hour game made more than five years ago, with a crude engine and a quick selling ticket on a Star Wars license?
It wouldn't have lasted so long if everyone hadn't been waiting on Team Gizka.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
For what I see it's still faaar from over, don't worry, TG is working on it.

DriacKin

Arbiter
So, have any of you guys actually tried this thing?
Is it worth replaying the game just to see the new content?

Texas Red

Whiner
Stereotypical Villain said:
I considered it... but then i recalled what an awful game it is and loaded up a new scenario in HoMM 3.
Autistic individuals display many forms of repetitive or restricted behavior, which the Repetitive Behavior Scale-Revised (RBS-R)[32] categorizes as follows.

* Stereotypy is repetitive movement, such as hand flapping, making sounds, head rolling, or body rocking.
* Compulsive behavior is intended and appears to follow rules, such as arranging objects in stacks or lines.
* Sameness is resistance to change; for example, insisting that the furniture not be moved or refusing to be interrupted.
* Ritualistic behavior involves an unvarying pattern of daily activities, such as an unchanging menu or a dressing ritual. This is closely associated with sameness and an independent validation has suggested combining the two factors.
* Restricted behavior is limited in focus, interest, or activity, such as preoccupation with a single television program, toy, or game.
* Self-injury includes movements that injure or can injure the person, such as eye poking, skin picking, hand biting, and head banging.[3] A 2007 study reported that self-injury at some point affected about 30% of children with ASD.

jazzotron

Liturgist
DriacKin said:
So, have any of you guys actually tried this thing?
Is it worth replaying the game just to see the new content?

I completed with a "Light-side" character (Jedi Watchman for the emphasis on skills - best way to experience as much of the game as possible) and plan another run with a "Dark-side" char (to see what happens with Darth Nihilus).

So far the storyline is rather more intelligible but there isn't a significant amount of difference, bar the HK Factory (although it still remains horribly unbalanced).

The mod doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a decent game in the first place. But for whatever reason, I still like it - go figure. :?

All in all, more dialogue, bug fixes (triggers, companion influence), HK Factory.

deuxhero

Arcane
Can the mod be used with skip Peragus? Handmaiden for females?

It doesn't matter, I'm too lazy to uninstall M4-78, waiting for the patch (I have an FE7 playthough to keep me occupied until said patch exists anyways).

Monolith

Prophet
So, is it necessary to play KoTOR 1 to enjoy the sequel? I'm not sure I want to waste my time on a BioWare RPG, but I've heard a lot of good things about KoTOR 2, so I'd like to give that one a try.

Monolith said:
So, is it necessary to play KoTOR 1 to enjoy the sequel?
No. Even so Kotor's a nice way to waste 14 hours, unless you're looking for Codex Cool Points there's no harm in playing 1 especially if you're a Star Wars fan.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Monolith said:

Well, it's the same situation as with 'Is it necessary to play NWN2 OC to enjoy MOTB?'. There are some references to characters or events you might have no idea about, but they become clear in time.

And there is a cleverly done synopsis of Kotor1's plot in the starting level.

Monolith

Prophet
Satori said:
Monolith said:
No. Even so Kotor's a nice way to waste 14 hours, unless you're looking for Codex Cool Points there's no harm in playing 1 especially if you're a Star Wars fan.
I'm not a fan of Star Wars. Actually, Kotor being a Star Wars game was initially the main reason why I didn't give much of a shit about it. Later, it's been what I've read in reviews and here. Kotor 2 seems to be different.

Darth Roxor said:
Monolith said:

Well, it's the same situation as with 'Is it necessary to play NWN2 OC to enjoy MOTB?'. There are some references to characters or events you might have no idea about, but they become clear in time.

And there is a cleverly done synopsis of Kotor1's plot in the starting level.
That's good news, thanks. I'll skip the first.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Just checked the Team Gizka forums in the hopes of finding butthurt. Check out how many of the threads are locked. I'd say I get more pleasure from seeing Team Gizka shamed than from knowing I'll get to play a complete TSL. Those fuckwits totally deserve this.

deuxhero

Arcane
Satori said:
Monolith said:

I only got the first game because Best of PC (Amazon still has it) was only 5 dolars more than Jedi Outcast stand alone.

deuxhero

Arcane
Bloodeyes said:
Just checked the Team Gizka forums in the hopes of finding butthurt. Check out how many of the threads are locked. I'd say I get more pleasure from seeing Team Gizka shamed than from knowing I'll get to play a complete TSL. Those fuckwits totally deserve this.

Except that a quick look says all the locks but 1 are unreleated (one nonsense topic about your favorite icecream flavor, most of the rest are about the leak). I found one topic about this release.

Deleted member 7219

I love how all of the gaming blogs are talking about this now. I hope that cunt Dashus is ashamed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom