Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale 2--I think I'm screwed...

malichaixx

Novice
The Bridge at Shaerngorne got destroyed, and I saved in all my save slots. Now I can't seem to find a way to proceed to the next area. All the walkthroughs I've checked are no help at all. How do I get to the Horde Fortress when the bridge is broken? Or do I have to restart from square one?

Drakron

Arcane
Well you are screwed in the sense you SHOULD have saved it but either way you are SUPPOSED TO RETURN TO TARGOS AND REPORT BACK even if you succeed in saving the bridge.

malichaixx

Novice
Drakron said:
Well you are screwed in the sense you SHOULD have saved it but either way you are SUPPOSED TO RETURN TO TARGOS AND REPORT BACK even if you succeed in saving the bridge.

Did that. Reported back, talked to Ulbrech, I DID save, and I got the location my map but can't seem to reach it.

aboyd

Liturgist
I didn't save the bridge. I got to move forward. I don't have any idea how I did it, though. I guess I just made sure to take everything I found and talk to everyone I could.

JrK

Prophet
The bridge being saved or not is totally unimportant for being able to get to the Horde Fortress. In any case: if you talk to the Targos leader, you should be able to get to the Fortress just by fast traveling from the Palisade. If you can't and have done all that, bug time!

Coyote

Arcane
If nothing else works, I'd try using the console before going so far as restarting. Icewind Dale 2 is an Infinity Engine game, so you should be able to jump to the next area with the right code.

A quick search suggests the code to move to the Horde Fortress is

ctrlaltdelete:movetoarea("AR3000")

Surphy

Novice
Coyote said:
If nothing else works, I'd try using the console before going so far as restarting. Icewind Dale 2 is an Infinity Engine game, so you should be able to jump to the next area with the right code.

A quick search suggests the code to move to the Horde Fortress is

ctrlaltdelete:movetoarea("AR3000")

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, it will teleport you to a random place in the area and can possibly break the game.

DonGabo

Novice
I'm playing IWD2 and just got to that part, if you want I can upload my save game. I think you can import your party in my game. Just don't restart man, those fed ex quest at the beginning are fucking awful, it took me about a week to get to this part of the game because I just couldn't do more that one "deliver these arrows" kind of quest a day.

edit: http://rapidshare.com/files/307884669/0 ... e.rar.html

After reporting to the lord of Targos, he sends you after the lead of his two scouts who found the goblins' fortress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom