Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Tldr I just want cyberpunk oblivion with guns

Delterius

Arcane
eXNZf7E.jpg

Never forget what they took from us.
looks like we are gonna get it all tbh

Yosharian

Arcane
Specifically what do you think they won't deliver on based on what we've seen so far?

Advanced RPG mechanics based on TT game and varied selection of different classes have already shown to not be in the game at all.
Is the game not offering a varied selection of classes? Or did they move to a classless system?

'Advanced RPG mechanics' is such a vague phrase... one man's advanced RPG mechanics are another's dumbed down consoletard mechanics. And they clearly are somewhat based on the tabletop game.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Specifically what do you think they won't deliver on based on what we've seen so far?

Advanced RPG mechanics based on TT game and varied selection of different classes have already shown to not be in the game at all.
Is the game not offering a varied selection of classes? Or did they move to a classless system?

'Advanced RPG mechanics' is such a vague phrase... one man's advanced RPG mechanics are another's dumbed down consoletard mechanics. And they clearly are somewhat based on the tabletop game.

It's classless now with only 3 branches

Yosharian

Arcane

It's classless now with only 3 branches
Ah. Yeah that is disappointing, actually.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
The game looks a bit sparse/bland in the graphical scenery department. I also wonder if the game will be "vast" in areas, but they may all very well look much too similar to what's in the leaked footage when it comes to subquests and exploration. Also, reminds me a lot of the GTA games, but with pop-a-mole shooting.

Prime Junta

eXNZf7E.jpg

Never forget what they took from us.
Which year was that?

AFAICT only #4 is definitively ruled out, it's a classless system now (which I personally prefer, especially for this type of game). There's still room for fabulous optimism about the rest.

(And before you go on about #3, "based on" was always a fudge... and also Pondsmith is developing a new edition of Cyberpunk to go with this, and at least I don't yet know how its systems relate to the cRPG version.)

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
This leaked footage is pretty useless. It shows quests we have already seen, just in way worse quality.

Gerrard

Arcane
The talk about sound in games reminded me, I wonder if the tards at CDPR finally learned how to make positional audio yet, or are going to get environmental sounds paying from random directions again like with the "forest sounds" in W3.

Mazisky

Magister
A little side note: for our local version, they hired the most expensive voice actor we have in the country (which is the voice of K. Reeves in movies) to dub Johnny Silverhand. This means they are putting money even for localized versions, and our local market is very small to justify that.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
if this game flops it will be the end of CDPR. not like it would. the pre order is still in the top seller list page 4 and its still like 6 months before release

hexer

I'm not familiar with the PnP game.. where is this set?
On Earth or some alternate reality/timeline?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom