Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Commander: The Great War is out now

Discussion in 'Tacticular News & Content' started by Trash, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Trash Pointing and laughing.

Trash
    Parrots:
    Tags: Commander: The Great War; Matrix Games; Slitherine; The Lordz Games Studios

And the spree goes on. Commander: The Great War is also upon us. Grand campaign WWI setting with a massive campaign map, what seems to be the Panzer Corps engine and an AI that apparantly does not cheat. Oh my, this is looking rather neat indeed. The game is being sold on both the Matrix Games and Slitherine sites.

^ Top  
  2. raw Turbo Chad Patron

raw
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    This looks just like one of those old wargames. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Fuck_The_Banks Scholar Patron

Fuck_The_Banks
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012
    Picked this up on an impulse and it's great! Looks really simple, but once you start playing you realise how unforgiving this is. Presents as a bit of a puzzle - Do you, as the Central Powers concentrate on a Blitzkreig against France and the minor powers, or do you move your armies eastwards before you are overwhelmed by weight of numbers from the east? I was really pleasantly suprised, and its the best WW1 game I've played since those TOAW scenarios.

^ Top  
  4. oscar Tacticular Staff

oscar
    Parrots:
    Damn, pretty steep on the wallet but boy I'm tempted. And not much point holding out as these guys never have sales.

Installing it now, I'll post some impressions later.

^ Top  
  5. fizzelopeguss Arcane

fizzelopeguss
    Parrots:
    Damn that looks good.

^ Top  
  6. oscar Tacticular Staff

oscar
    Parrots:
    This is pretty fun. Been struggling pretty hard as Central Powers and it's mid 1915. Still barely pierced Serbia and Italy's just joined the war. Not even close to Paris on the Western Front. Only semi-bright spot is the East where I've just captured Warsaw. Doing a pretty good job fending off the Brits in the Levant.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Commissar Draco KKKodex WCDS Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm tempted too but 50 jewgoldz for DL version is just too step to pay.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)