Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeon Runners (beta) - Anyone playing?

NCSoft has started the (by-invite) open beta to Dungeon Runners, which is an online-only Diablo clone. It's massively multiplayer in the same way Guild Wars is -- ie, hub areas for trade and party building, and instanced everything else.

The payment system is in the same vein as Runescape, another pseudo-MMORPG. Basically, Dungeon Runners is free to download and play as much as you want, but if you want to equip the best gear and have access to the highest-level zones and whatnot, you have to pay something like $6 a month.

Anyway, I got an invite since apparently I signed up for the beta a long time ago when I bought a copy of Guild Wars: Factions.

Anyone else playing? It's definitely a beta game -- laggy as hell due to the stress test, and not really that polished quite yet, but it's got a fantastic tongue-in-cheek take on RPGs: everything is way over the top, weapons are three times bigger than the player models that hold them, and gear has utterly bizarre prefix and suffix modifiers, for example, a "Baby Sealskin Breastplate of the Rusted Penguin," which I happened upon last night.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom