Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ENDED - Help me choose, which games should I buy?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, Steam sale is upon us, and I have more than a dozen games on my Steam wishlist. I like all of them, but I can't decide which ones should I buy. Some of them I have already played but haven't owned yet, but most of them would be a new game for me. I have 25,5 euros for them, give me suggestions:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992301726/wishlist

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Easy pick.

Could actually buy it for my self too.

made

Arcane
Would buy Underrail on GOG to support the author (and future Witcher games), pirate everything else.

Oh wait, that's exactly what I did. XD

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
TzJfYhL.png

Mustawd

(Might go a bit over 25.5 euros, but not by much):
Underrail
VtM: BL
Xenonauts

Also, Transistor looks pretty cool if you like ARPGs.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Basically depends, if you like good or shit games more.

Edit: If "good" is your choice, read the post above.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who the hell buys singleplayer games digitally?

Why wouldn't you? Do you decorate your room with video game boxes? If so it's time to stop.

Either I borrow it from my swedish friend, get it physically or only if it's a good developer that can use my support with no physical alternative do I purchase a game with no multiplayer digitally.

Mustawd

*shrug*

I don't own a physical copy of any of my games, and I think that's mainly the trend nowadays.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Touché.

Nevertheless, get out.

Some games deserve to be owned in a physical copy, for various reasons. Unfortunately, the number of games released in the past 10 years that deserve that honour can be counted on one hand.

For you to state your claim like that, means that your "gaming credentials" start within the past 10 years.

Which goes a long way towards disqualifying you from the RPG Codex.

Happy holidays!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Which goes a long way towards disqualifying you from the RPG Codex
Are you talking about the same site, where 90% of people here, and every staff member, played FO4 via Steam, and boxed copy=console version?

Mustawd

Touché.

Nevertheless, get out.

Some games deserve to be owned in a physical copy, for various reasons. Unfortunately, the number of games released in the past 10 years that deserve that honour can be counted on one hand.

For you to state your claim like that, means that your "gaming credentials" start within the past 10 years.

Which goes a long way towards disqualifying you from the RPG Codex.

Happy holidays!

:retarded:

That's a weird leap of logic. Not sure how you pulled the 10 year mark out of your butt.

So if I wanted to play HoMM 1-4, I need to somehow track down the physical copies of these games, buy them, wait for shipping, hope they actually work (as in not damaged), and then keep them in good condition for future playthroughs? :roll:

OR

I could just buy them on GoG and be paying in less than 10 mins.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Which goes a long way towards disqualifying you from the RPG Codex
Are you talking about the same site, where 90% of people here, and every staff member, played FO4 via Steam, and boxed copy=console version?

Ouch. I haven't even bothered with the game beyond a few social media memes and a handful of YouTube videos.

Is it really that bad?

(Am I becoming a herald of the ITZ?)

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A lot of great choices in there. If I were OP, I'd personally choose both Wolfie (yes, The New Order, while isn't as great as Return, is still a pretty good modern FPS), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Transistor and Tron 2.0. Another combination would be Xenonauts and Underrail, but if you don't feel like playing Underrail early then you can wait for deeper sale (should have bought it when it was in Early Access :D)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
:retarded:

That's a weird leap of logic. Not sure how you pulled the 10 year mark out of your butt

30 years of gaming experience. I've seen it all, done it all, have the game boxes to prove it. (Though I will admit that I'm trying to get rid of most of them.) The "10-year mark" comes from the fact that it's an acceptable timeframe in which game boxes became ABSOLUTELY IRRELEVANT in terms of what you got for your buck. You want a physical game box copy today that's worth a damn? (Sentimental or otherwise?) You're looking at a limited edition crowd-funded edition, nothing else.

Retail copies stopped being worth a damn far too many years ago.

So if I wanted to play HoMM 1-4, I need to somehow track down the physical copies of these games, buy them, wait for shipping, hope they actually work (as in not damaged), and then keep them in good condition for future playthroughs? :roll:

OR

I could just buy them on GoG.

Quick question: Which one of the HoMM games is the best one, and why?

The proper answer will tell everyone reading this where your gaming roots lie. Were you there when they were new, or just someone trying to decorate his gaming credentials with a few stolen feathers taken from old gaming franchises that are available via digital distributors? Because I've seen too many people pull that exact move, and I'd hate to see one more person join the ranks of the hindsighters thinking they have full vision.

pippin

Xenonauts, Bloodlines and Underrail.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom