Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Deus Ex 3 Screens

hiver

Definitely Shangai per first batch of info about the game released.

-or wait - maybe it was Singapore, i forgot which.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
hiver said:
Definitely Shangai per first batch of info about the game released.

-or wait - maybe it was Singapore, i forgot which.

I haven't been following it that closely. Once I read that one of the devs thought Deus Ex was too slowly paced and didn't have enough action, I wrote the game off.

Joghurt

Augur
Look what I found on Eidos forums...

dx3screen1.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Jim Cojones said:
Wow, Cancard not only writes about Eschalon but also they find it important enough to inform about that on the cover?

Yes they often test indies as well and they get better scores than many mainstream games, they did the same thing for geneforge.Thats why its a magazine i still buy, other french magazines are just advertisement between 90% score disguised advertisment reviews.They will probably end up bankrupt in misery after cannibalizing each others .

Gerrard

Arcane
The sad thing is, all of this would've been a cool design if it didn't have Deus Ex in the title.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Black Cat said:
At least being forced to play with this guy will not be as painful as being forced to play with J.C. :roll:

What was wrong with JC?

"It's on its way back to the people, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"Except send you back to the people. In a body bag."

Squirly

Educated
Damn straight.

I mean, he is[/] gay, JC was awesome.

That's what I mean.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
If it's not a pathetic anime emo witch, Black Cat doesn't like it. But who gives a shit, seriously ?

Now to the topic at hand:

wvspzt.jpg

OMG HE HAS A GUN AND HE SHOOTS SOMEONE, ITZ GONNA SUCK !

Yeah, probably it will suck, but let's save our nerdrage for when we'll have more info.

1eyedking

Erudite
Mortmal said:
Wasn't JC nanoaugmented? I mean, he didn't receive any servomechanical upgrades as the other agents did (which in turn earned him their scorn), so why is he featured with robotic arms, tubes through his neck, and what seems to be a mechaleg?

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It's a prequel, from when mechanical augmentations were the new shit and nano-stuff weren't invented yet.

Of course it's going to be funny that in DX3 you're most likely going to be much more powerful than you were in DX1.

1eyedking

Erudite
Disregard what I said, I just read Major_Blackhart's awesome posts.

Someone should direct Eidos developers to the 8th and 9th pages of this thread. ASAP.

hiver

Thats not JC. Its a new character - for those who are illiterate apparently.

There is enough info in the FAQ currently and yes amazingly there will be shooting in Deus X HM.
Who would have thought it?

I guess everyone was expecting text adventure like predecessors were.

1eyedking

Erudite
Yes, I realized that to my embarrassment after reading a couple of earlier posts. But whatever; from what I've gathered from the FAQ it doesn't seems like it's heading in a bad direction. It's too son to judge, though.

It's also being developed by Ubisoft Montreal. Square Enix does the cinematics and nothing else. I really hope they are the kind of game cinematics that make you go "WTF that is nothing like the game", but something tells me it won't be that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom