Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

First Deus Ex 3 Screens

Melcar

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
Rasputin said:
''If you want to make enemies try to change something''

What da fuck is that supposed to mean?
Clearly a nod to old-school fans, a throwback to the scene in which a maintenance worker earns the ire of Gunther by changing the placement of drinks in the vending machine. If you didn't recognize it, you're a consolefag and unworthy of calling yourself a Deus Ex fan.

Nah. They just though it was cool and edgy and shit. They most likely had no fucking idea.

The trailer does look like the right "feel" is being used for the game. A few things irritate me though, like the "epic" battle scene with that dude. Also, as pointed out, the cloaking shit I fear will be taken to ridiculous paths. I kinda' get the feeling that they're going for more of a Crysis style nanosuit.

Squirly

Educated
Insta-deploy sunglasses might be daft, but they're a lot more plausible than having a PC who seems to be able to beat the living shit out of JC.

This is a problem. You want to blow away the new generation of nerds, but making the protagonist stronger and more "advanced" than the nano-augmented agent of the first game is fucking retarded.

Maybe this whole prequel story is a dumb idea.

Holy shit you guys.

Italics!

Squirly said:
Insta-deploy sunglasses might be daft, but they're a lot more plausible than having a PC who seems to be able to beat the living shit out of JC.

This is a problem. You want to blow away the new generation of nerds, but making the protagonist stronger and more "advanced" than the nano-augmented agent of the first game is fucking retarded.

Maybe this whole prequel story is a dumb idea.

Holy shit you guys.

Italics!

What's even more retarded is that this kind of bionics were NOT used in Anna Navarre or Gunther Hermann, two of the "most advanced" last-generation bionics. All it did was make them more durable, stronger resistant towards certain types of damage. Sure, Navarre had a cloaking device, but I think of that more as an upgrade she received when nanobots were invented.

hiver

Looks great. Feels better.

Dont give a fuck about some differences to the original.

Gerrard

Arcane
KalosKagathos said:
Rasputin said:
''If you want to make enemies try to change something''

What da fuck is that supposed to mean?
Clearly a nod to old-school fans, a throwback to the scene in which a maintenance worker earns the ire of Gunther by changing the placement of drinks in the vending machine. If you didn't recognize it, you're a consolefag and unworthy of calling yourself a Deus Ex fan.
againcg9.jpg

I really hope you weren't serious.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Watched the new trailer and oh my god what the fuck is this awful anime faggotry?

From something as small as Square Enix logo to fucking anime haircuts, jap transforming weapons and robots, anime characters and shitty MGS inspired things here and there.
It's just like they thought - oh Kojima makes so much money on morons who find his shitty one-dimensional games deep - let's do our MGS with conspiracies but starting new franchise is too risky... oh but we own a Deus Ex license and it had conspiracies too!

This game will have a massive success of course. As long as it's a crappy shooter - the retarded target audience won't care.

Also I like how faggots ITT who play any console shooter as long as it's a console shooter bitch about DX3 - you will be the first to fap to it in 10s and 10s of spam threads on the Codex as soon as it comes out.

hiver

Stereotypical Villain said:
How the fuck is Final Fantasy 7 haircuts an improvement upon the original?
You mean the pony tail?

Where exactly did you see final fantasy haircuts?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Spellcaster said:
Don't be silly Skyway, we all know about the high chances of this being a crap consolish shooter but you're inventing reasons to criticize the trailer.

So apart from newschick you also failed to notice clearly anime-ish JC Denton (or whoever that prick is)?
But I take it you agree with all other points about it looking like anime faggotry?

hiver said:
And for the record: It's the protagonist who has a stupid anime haircut.

No he doesnt.
Oh yes he does. Coupled with all other shit they did to him he looks like he just ran away from MGS.
Desu Ex indeed.

DefJam101

Arcane
It's an anime beard and also the guy, despite his own lulzy words, does not look like someone capable of "changing things."

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm getting huge MGS vibes from that trailer.. That said, I really loved the city view, and the music was very good too. Very cyber punk / Deus Ex-ish.

Welp, I'm off to reinstall Deus Ex 1 and re-play that again.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ok, that trailer was good. These people know how to make trailers at least.

roll-a-die

Magister
MetalCraze said:
hiver said:
And for the record: It's the protagonist who has a stupid anime haircut.

No he doesnt.
Oh yes he does. Coupled with all other shit they did to him he looks like he just ran away from MGS.
Desu Ex indeed.
buzz239.jpg

nickblog6.jpg

Men%20Hair%20Style%20Tips.jpg

811731-deusex3_169803_super.jpg

OH LOOK HE FITS IN! With real people.

Zomg

Arbiter
all dapper robot men need face hexagons

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom