Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fuck Islam - 1153 AD

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
XIV - There is No Innocence

01.jpg

The Seljuk Sultan dies, and with him dies the truce between our two kingdoms.

02.jpg

His successor seems capable. But bad news await the King in Antioch.

03.jpg

With a heavy heart, King Guy lets his third Primarch enter the order of the monastery. He has lost one of his favorites.
If that is not enough bad news, treachery is afoot. The deposed Prince Bedouin of Jerusalem is attempting to fabricate a claim to a Duchy.

04.jpg

The King acts swiftly...

05.jpg

But not swift enough.

06.jpg

His uprising wastes precious time.

07.jpg

He will no longer be a duke, and will be imprisoned till the last of his days.
Finally as the darkness abated, good news arrive to his court.

08.jpg

09.jpg

An ignoble end.
The child ruler stood no chance against the schemes of the Cross.
We march for his successor's territory!

10.jpg

11.jpg

Elsewhere...

12.jpg

More opportunity perhaps?

13.jpg

The Seljuks are split into half. We will capitalize once we've taken care of Rum.

14.jpg

This shan't take long.

15.jpg

As the King orders his Chapter Knights to march eastwards, he gave the all clear sign to his spymaster to proceed with the next step.

16.jpg

We shall grant them no mercy and no respite.

17.jpg

18.jpg

For as long as the enemies of Christianity still draw breath there can be no peace.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
XV - A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

We face a wounded enemy, yet to discard care and caution would only lead to our downfall.
Reserve nothing, for they deserve everything.

01.jpg

02.jpg

The tip of the offense arrives first, bringing the full might of the Chapters towards the first wave of defenders who prove to be easy pickings.

03.jpg

14,000 defenders finally arrive - determined to drive away the invaders.

04.jpg

Yet we have the high grounds and we will make them pay dearly for their ill-timed attempt.

05.jpg

The blood of the infidels wet the sands 3700 brothers fell as they slaughter more than three times of their number.

Elsewhere the Fatimids, sensing opportunity in the conflict, expands southwards towards Abyssinia.

06.jpg

It is of no concern to us, we are fully committed to this war for now.

07.jpg

Antioch, the Third Primarch's continued growth pains the King's heart as he is forsworn to the monastery.

08.jpg

Elsewhere, the arrogant Byzantines lost their Basileus is a petty civil war.

09.jpg

While our scheme in Rum continues unabated even during times of war...

10.jpg

Adding fuel to the fire is an infidel uprising from one of the conquered county of Al Jazira.

11.jpg

But we shall know no fear.

12.jpg

Half of the assault force broke pursuit to deal with the enemy from within.

13.jpg

Elsewhere in Rum...

14.jpg

Our scheming goes undetected.

15.jpg

All of our enemies shall despair.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Die. All of you.

18.jpg

19.jpg

None shall withstand our wrath.

20.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Sweet XVI

The remnants of Rum turn against one another as the Knight Chapters close in for the kill.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

As the last effective county falls under siege, the rest of the Islamic world watch as one of their greatest kingdom ceases to exist.

05.jpg

Then, as if awakened from a drunker stupor, the infidels call upon a holy war.
The Sicilian Kingdom is their goal.

06.jpg

This shall prove amusing. As thousands of bloodthirsty Seljuks poured forth from their gates, bound to Sicily the Knight Chapters of Jerusalem meet them head on.

07.jpg

08.jpg

Trained for decades and ever-ready, the Templars is too much for the scattered attack force. The infidels suffered heavy casualties, some escaped - only to reach Sicily having barely the means to siege any holdings.

09.jpg

Such is the strength of Jerusalem.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Now only two major Muslim Kingdoms remain in the Outremer...

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
XVII - The Death March
01.jpg

02.jpg

Ignoring the Sicilian Jihad for now, the Chapter challenges the Fatimids to battle over Ascalon.

03.jpg

04.jpg

The tip of the spear advances - with the bulk of the levy and guardsman right behind them.

05.jpg

We shall know no fear. For Death is the servant of the righteous.

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Ascalon secured. Another step closer to Jerusalem. Now, one small matter of a Jihad...

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Joining the defense of Sicily, the Knights Chapter of Jerusalem attacks boldly. Claiming thousands of Seljuks in every battle.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

So intense was the battle until one fateful victory occured...

17.jpg

The guardsman cheered as the capture meant the end of the Jihad. All the King had to do is announce to the Sicilian lords of the capture. They can return victorious to their homes.

However, the cheers and jubilation were immediately silenced by the roaring sound of the chainsword.

18.jpg

Followed by a crunching sound of bones and flesh, bathed in blood.

19.jpg

The heretic died instantly.

"Have you forgotten my, Guardsmen? What is my oath whence I return from the Pilgrimage?"

The Knights Chapter stood grimly and raised their swords in unison.

"As long as the enemies of Christianity draw breath there can be no peace!"

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Finally, the Jihad collapses. Over 40,000 Muslims and Christians perished to make that a reality.

25.jpg

Yet the King regrets nothing.

26.jpg

For it is better to die for the Cross than to live for yourself.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
XVIII - No more games...
Shores of Moldau

01.jpg

"People of Moldau! Final warning! We've come here in the name of Christ to recruit your warriors and serve under holiest of missions in Jerusalem!"
"Commander Hyperweapon-"
"Yes?"
"They're readying their defenses, I can see the levy being raised."
"Very well. Ready the barges for an assault landing."

08.jpg

Sensing a meager hunting season in the Holy Lands, the Knights chapter are on the hunt for another recruiting world to bolster their Imperial Guards.

03.jpg

The Duchy of Moldau is a weak, Pagan territory.

04.jpg

"Commander Hyperweapon?"
"Yes?"
"We've gathered the natives and shipped them to Antioch."
"How many?"
"About a thousand, Sir."
"Good, contact Rome - inform them of land transfer."
"I'm afraid that's impossible, sir."
"Why?"
"Sir, the Papal states...I mean the Cumanian Papal states..are under attack."

05.jpg

"I see. Prepare for war. To Cumania!"
"Very good, sir."

06.jpg

The plainsmen of Cumanian, in a rush to lay siege the Papal states, were caught off-guard by the sudden attack from the Knight Chapters. Thousands perish to bolter fire before they could react.

02.jpg

07.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

"Any survivors?"
"No, sir. A mere thousand is being raised in nearby county."
"Split our forces into half. I shall lead the Papal relief forces."
"It will be done."

11.jpg

"STAY STRONG!" the Chaplain shouts. They are outnumbered.

15.jpg

Things look grim, but even those who has nothing may still have fai-

"BLOOD AND FURYYYYY!"

12.jpg

A dust of cloud, and the emergence of an unexpected savior and conqueror.
The Banner of Jerusalem Chapter. The Chaplain smiled inwardly.
Jesus protects.

14.jpg

16.jpg

The Khan, furious at the turn of events raged as the all too familiar banner came into view. It's them.
The ones who slain father and stolen these lands right under us!

"RETREATTTT!"

17.jpg

As the duchy of Turkestan surrendered, Cumania lost another six counties to Jerusalem. One third of their world swallowed in quick succession.The Templars wastes no time in converting the native and bringing them to Antioch for training.

18.jpg

21.jpg

"Contact Rome. Make the exchange."
"Aye, Commander."

19.jpg

20.jpg

Rome is pleased with its acquisitions, and in turn, allowed Jerusalem to collect their bounties. The Templars have men and plenty of wealth. The Papacy gained new sheep and lands. All is right in this world.

Leaving the Khanate of Cumania humiliated and broken once more....

22.jpg

23.jpg

"Commander, high priority message from the King himself."
"Put it through."
"Firstborn?"
"Father."
"Activate your personal teleporters."
"What. Why?"
"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt."
"Yes. But what of the Guardsmen?"
"I shall summon a fleet to carry them back to Acre. I will tell you more once you've crossed the Warp."
"Your will be done."
"Godspeed, Firstborn."

"Templars! To me! Activate your personal teleporters, we shall cross the Warp to Antioch! Guardsmen, stand by and await the arrival of the barges!"

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

Rome....

"Chaptermaster Guy Di Chattelon, I must insist. Despite your Cumanian campaign, this is very reckless."
"Yes, Holy See. But I have complete faith in my men and they cannot wait any longer."
"Many blood will be spilled. And Life is.."
"The Christ's currency and spend it wisely we shall for is it not better to die for the Christ than to live for yourself? Are you with me? Or must we tolerate the presence of the heretics for another half century?"

The Pope gazed at the figure before him, fully adorned in his battle regalia. Indeed, his existence has changed the course of this war forever. But if Jerusalem is lost... nay. There is no time for doubt.

"Very well. You have my blessings. We meet in the battlefield."
"And we shall know no fear."

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
XIX - And none shall find them wanting

No efforts shall be spared in this undertaking.

The most powerful Crusade ever launched, the Crusade for Andalusia is a mere skirmish compared to this one.
Western Europe never had anything to worry about with the Kaiser of the Holy Roman Empire standing watch.
Should the Seljuk Crusades be successful, it will shatter the most powerful Kingdom of Islam into half.

01.jpg

The dawn of war is upon us.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The Sultan of Seljuk is about to be dealt a mortal blow.

06.jpg

No mercy for the followers of the False Gods.
In the immortal world of Antioch's First Chaptermaster Reynaud de Chatillon: "Fuck Islam."
Elsewhere in Egypt, the Fatimid Caliphate witness the unfolding chaos with great interest.
With the Templars fully committed, they will be vulnerable from the back...
And plunge their curved scimitars they shall.
Insya Allah.

07.jpg

Deliberate or not, the whole of Muslim world is now united against the Jerusalem Chapter.

08.jpg

We have emptied all our levies, retinues and orders.
Armies have to raised from elsewhere, Rome's gold will prove their worth this day.

09.jpg

Two chapters of the Templars are ordered to activate their Piety Personal Teleporter to regroup at Antioch.

10.jpg

The wrath of Islam descends upon the faithfuls, but none shall find us wanting.

11.jpg

12.jpg

Elsewhere, thousands of heretics die as armies resume the dance of death in Seljuk territories.

13.jpg

Meanwhile, the defenders of Jerusalem arrives at Acre, preparing for a showdown against the Fatimid's invasion.

15.jpg

Their brothers in the Seljuk front vow to return in time as they emptied barrages of heavy bolters in the scattering heretical defenders.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Perish as you should.
More bad news from the Fatimid front - over 25,000 Chaos heretics have gathered and making their way to Acre.

18.jpg

But salvation will arrive soon enough, for the Seljuk Crusades have switched over to the Siege phase of operations - Guardsmen have deployed siege engines. Basilisk cannons were deployed, Earth Shaker rounds raining from the skies as the Seljuks forces were chased across the plains by Papal forces.

19.jpg

Let us hope they are not too late...

20.jpg

Come, show me what passes for fury among your misbegotten kind!

22.jpg

21.jpg

DEUS VULT! 6,000 brothers fell but twice the heretics were slain! There shall be reckoning!

23.jpg

Prince-Commander Hyperweapon has arrived on the field to take command over the whole Templar chapters strike force.
They rally as the forces of Chaos approaches once more.

24.jpg

We must prevent them from regrouping! Charge!
Meanwhile in Antioch, additional Ogryns and Karskin mercenaries were hired and transported to the front...

25.jpg

26.jpg

A tactical error by the Firstborn led to the Muslim forces having advantage of higher ground!
This will cost the Templars dearly...

27.jpg

Brothers after brothers poured into the 4,000 fleeing heretics on hilltop.
However, the heretics refused to budge, barely hours into the pitched assault, another 17,000 Chaos legion came from behind the rear. The Templars have made a fatal blunder.

28.jpg

16,000 believers were lost or killed that day. Prince-Commander Hyperweapon orders a tactical retreat to the shores of Ascalon.

29.jpg

The fleeing Templars are caught by a smaller Fatimid force as they await reinforcements from Antioch.

30.jpg

It is a fight for survival.

31.jpg

32.jpg

Finally their defensive positions secured, Hyperweapon Assault Chaplains march through the ranks, rallying the men before the second fateful battle arrive. Chorus after chorus of battle cries fill the air. As His name is uttered not in despair, but in veneration and faith.

This time, they will not fail Him.

33.jpg

Antioch wages everything at this battle, sending more mercenaries to dwarf even their own levies.

34.jpg

Without the Dark, there can be no Light, We have purpose

40.jpg

Without the Lie, there can be no Truth, We have purpose

35.jpg

Without the War, there can be no Victory, We have purpose

36.jpg

Without the Death, there can be no sacrifice, We have purpose

37.jpg

Without the Hope there can be no Future, We have purpose

38.jpg

Without the Loyalty there can be no one chapter, We have purpose

41.jpg

Without Christ, there is nothing,... And we would have no purpose

44.jpg

One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness
One last blade, forged in defiance of fate
Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered
And my final gift to the species I failed

45.jpg

46.jpg

Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light
Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith
Where there is shame, I shall point atonement
Where there is rage, I shall show its course
My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.

47.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
XX - Position of Power

02.jpg
With the Seljuk victory secured, the Fatimids are in for a reckoning.

01.jpg

The Templars themselves are holding their own while the guardsman move in to siege Jerusalem.

03.jpg

One last push...
Elsewhere in Antioch the King distributes power...

04.jpg

05.jpg

Among all the other Primarchs, Gabriel Angelos is clearly his favorite. He was granted the massive duchy of Birjand.
Resting on the edge of the demesne, the lone duchy consists of SEVEN counties.
With the Seljuk Crusade drawing to a close, Rome offers their aid against the Fatimid Caliphate.

06.jpg

But their aid matters little, for the Fatimids are fighting a losing battle, their final push is about to be repulsed by the combined might of mercenaries and templars.

07.jpg

00.jpg

08.jpg

Death to the heretics.

10.jpg

Your destruction will follow soon enough, infidels...

11.jpg

But for now it is time for a celebration.
As the forces of Christianity has dealt a crippling blow the Muslims of Outremer.

12.jpg

09.jpg

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
XXI - A Brief Respite

01.jpg
02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

There was no truce established between Jerusalem and Seljuks after the Crusades. For the Holy Crusade is a war instigated by Rome alone. The King knew this.

07.jpg

And acted accordingly.

08.jpg

Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!

09.jpg

"Such is the nature of heresy, and this is why it is so hard to destroy, for it must be eradicated leaf, branch, trunk and root. It must be exorcised utterly or it will return all the stronger, time and time again, until it is too great to destroy. Then we are doomed." Galan Noirgrim, Master of the Ordo Malleus

10.jpg

Elsewhere, the First Primarch succumbs to the disease of the body.
His last words merely a bitter laugh bereft of any traces of fear as he ordered his final charge.

11.jpg

His men wept bitterly. Yet they channeled their misery into unbridled fury.
Thousands have battled with him, and the Prince-Commander's death shall not be marked with defeat.
Dubbing themselves Sons of the Hyperweapons, they steel themselves for another charge into the heart of the enemy with his body strapped to a steed. Always at the center, He-whose-Spear-Pierces-the-Heavens.

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

His death was never in vain. None of your brothers' death as well. None shall find you wanting.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
XXII - Ascension
01.jpg

An alliance with the Holy Roman Empire is secured, as the formation of a new Empire approaches.
For the first time ever, the forces of Antioch will break a truce in order to do whatever is necessary.

02.jpg

The Seljuks shall be the victim of this unorthodox conquest.
While violent uprisings are commonplace in the kingdom of Jerusalem's vast territory, they are quickly put down by the Templars.

03.jpg

04.jpg

Some of the misguided leaders were made to serve the Cross.
Seljuks knew they stood no chance of winning yet another war and surrendered Tigris.

05.jpg

06.jpg

So close.
One final step...
The Templars rode to Khiva for the fateful conquest.

07.jpg

08.jpg

It's time.

09.jpg

10.jpg

All hail the Emperor of Man made manifest.

11.jpg

May the rest of the world tremble at our arrival.

12.jpg

And none shall escape our wrath.

RK47

Patron
XXIII - Restless Empire
More uprisings occurred, but the Templars are more than capable of responding to such threats.

01.jpg

02.jpg

With their personal teleporters, any uprisings near Antioch can suppressed quickly while they stood by patrolling the borders.

03.jpg

Even the Emperor himself is directly involved in commanding his levy.

04.jpg

05.jpg

Another sheep returned to the light.
Elsewhere the newly formed Empire of Carpathia, formerly Cumania, wishes to devour Hungary.

06.jpg

07.jpg

We weep for our brothers of faith, for we are currently occupied in retaking the Holiest of All Cities.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

15.jpg

11.jpg

With zeal and fury, we claim victory.
The Caliphate knew they have to surrender soon, already his vassals are gathering to revolt.

12.jpg

13.jpg

And once more they hide under false treaties.

14.jpg

RK47

Patron
XXIV - Ascension
Hungary - the forces of Carpathia proved to be too numerous for the defenders to repel.

01.jpg

00.jpg

If nothing is done, Chaos will seize an undeserved victory in this region.
The King of Hungary stood at the brink of defeat when rescue came from the unlikeliest of source.

02.jpg

03.jpg

There were no treaties binding them, except for the bond of faith between the two Kingdoms.

05.jpg

How can we stand idly by as the Lambs of the Lords are taken to the slaughter?

04.jpg

Blood and fury, brothers.

06.jpg

The magnitude of the Templars strike force was too much for the Carpathian invaders to bear.
11,600 of his men fell in one battle alone.
The Khagan of Carpathia was furious at the turnaround, but was rendered helpless at such display of firepower and zeal.
Elsewhere in Carpathia, the Guardsman lay siege to every single holding.

07.jpg

This should've led to the Carpathian's utter defeat, were it not for a tragic news in Antioch...

08.jpg

Our lord is recalled to the very Kingdom of Heaven. As he sensed his death approaching, he called upon his favourite, the Fifth Primarch, Gabriel Angelos to take up the mantle of Chapter Master. He drew his son even closer, imparting his final words before closing his eyes once and for all.

The young Emperor looks visibly shaken before regaining his composure.
In honor of the fallen Emperor, all wars are put on hold as a feast was held in Antioch.

09.jpg

It was a sombre feast...as the Primarchs reunited again, seeds of rivalry began to show, but in general, the vassals of Persia did not object to the ascension. And the Emperor has ensured Gabriel, and only Gabriel has any means to secure the throne.

As the feast ended and vows of servitude were renewed between the liege and his vassals, the Empire returns to the only thing they knew best.

10.jpg

For as long as the enemy of Christianity still draws breath, there can be no peace.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

RK47

Patron
XXV - Power Overwhelming

It was said that during the reign of Emperor Gabriel Angelos, no external forces exist that could shatter the might of the Persian Empire.

00.jpg

Indeed it seems so, for they command vast army and territories, once belonging to their hated enemies of faith, the heretical followers of Islam, namely the Sultanate of Rum, The Seljuks and the Fatimids. Only two remain this day, battered and broken.

01.jpg

The Seljuks however, thought they could get away with stealing Papal lands. Isolated from Rome, the Papal states provide meager returns, yet every scrap seems precious. Beggars cannot be choosers.

The same fates befell the Papal states to the north, formerly of Cumanian origins. The Cumanians, now known as the Empire of Carpathia would regularly attempt to retake their lost lands.

Little do they both know that the seeds of such opportunity were planted by the founder of the Persian Empire, Emperor Guy of Chatillon. For the moment they dared to raise their arms against Rome, the wrath of the Persia would descend upon them, slaughtering men and ravaging lands alike.

02.jpg

03.jpg

14.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

To Rome, this repeated display of faithfulness and valor has won their hearts.
No one shall question the faith of the Blood Ravens to the One True Cross.

06.jpg

Yet they are in complete ignorance of the full web of schemes that the mysterious chapter is capable of weaving.
For such assistances are merely a self-serving gesture that has served the Ravens well in their Holiest of all Crusades. The Templars were only far too-willing to forgo their pay when coming into the defense of a fellow Christian, let alone the Papacy itself. And when victory is secured, the defeated invaders would pay a large severance to the victims of their greed.

The invaders would then be severely weakened, lacking in material wealth and manpower, for the Blood Ravens' merciless strikes have taken away both in one campaign. They are vulnerable and weak.

10.jpg

Ripe for the Ravens to descend upon and devour.

11.jpg

The Seljuks' treasury effectively non-existent, they cannot hope to mount any effective resistance.

12.jpg

Surrender is inevitable.

13.jpg

RK47

Patron
XXVI - The Merciless Purge
01.jpg

The Fatimids too, have no way of hiding behind a truce. Try as they might, not even conquering Abyssinia can grant them enough power to resist a Persian invasion.

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

They surrendered meekly within months.

05.jpg

06.jpg

With both truces in effect, there is nowhere else the Empire could expand, sensing idleness and a period of peace - the Emperor takes his leave to embark upon a pilgrimage.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

His faith renewed, once more he returns to Antioch to lead his Empire to glory in the name of God.
In the north, the foolishness of the Khagan of Carpathia knows no bounds.

15.jpg

A new Khan of Volga Bulgaria is also enroaching upon the Papal lands.

16.jpg

And in the eastern fringes of the Empire, the ashes of the Kingdom of Khiva threatens to rise once more...

19.jpg

The Blood Ravens are needed and they shall answer the call once more.

17.jpg

And none shall find them wanting.

exe

Augur
You should change the color of your empire, or at least the Seljuk. It's a total mess to tell apart.
Great LP, keept it coming :)

RK47

Patron
XXVII - The Ravenous Crusade

The faithfuls need not fear. For salvation is near.
18.jpg

And those who dare to rise against the followers of the Cross will find naught but death and defeat.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Wallow in the shame of your defeat.

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

And now, receive your retribution.

27.jpg

28.jpg

32.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

So vast were the Empire's resources that Carpathia alone is not the only target of the Crusades.
Literally every kingdom that does not follow the word of Christ is subjected to the Compliance Campaign by the Blood Ravens.

31.jpg

Unable to cope with such unbridled assault from a foreign power - the Pagans surrendered one after another.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Half a century of tribal feuds, eradicated in one campaign that spans just a little more than a year.

RK47

Patron
You should change the color of your empire, or at least the Seljuk. It's a total mess to tell apart.
Great LP, keept it coming :)

I don't know how to do that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom