Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Geneforge 3 released

Baley

Liturgist
Downloaded the demo..liked it so far...

I'm surely gonna give it more time after school :P

Baley

Liturgist
Any chance we'll hear what makes it so good?

I like the demo so far :P

Whipporowill

Erudite
Well, It's a little "more of the same", only 2 factions from what I gather - rebels and loyalists. I don't fancy either faction, so that makes it pretty rough going - no training from shapers and have to rely on bloody canisters, even though I don't really want to. Also, a hell of a lot of drops - I usually prefer less booty, makes it feel a lot more SPECUL.

Still, it's better than almost anything out there... :lol:

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
Still, it's better than almost anything out there...
Yeah, there's absoulutely nothing out today. Hell, right now I'm replaying Prince of Qin, not that that's a bad thing as the game is fucking awesome, but still.

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
I don't say that it is as good as the first one, since this time round, you are hardly given any freedom of what to do, as far as I have played, I mean.
On the first island, there are no factions what so ever, and there is only one possible way to get off the island, and go to the next one.
The game is good, the only thing that bothers me so far is that it would have quite low replay value as opposed to previous games in the series. I mean, there seems to be only 2 possible ways to end the game, join the Rebels, or help the Loyalists, and so far I am left with the impression that you cannot finish the game as Unaligned, as opposed to the previous 2 titles.

On the other hand, I must say, that the game definately is getting better - I mean, most of the games problems were resolved (my only problems was with the limited amount of gold in shopkeepers, and is fixed) and there are joinable companions with different personalities (OK, there are only 2 recruitable NPC, but that is not bad).

The only real problems I have with G3 is that the new art for Guardians suck. So far I was OK with Agents having a femalish appearance, Guardians having male appearance, and Shapers having non distinguishable appearence. But now my Dakro looks like a woman, for gods sake. And it is not good, not good at all.

Love ya, :wave kiss:

LlamaGod

Cipher
Seems like you only played the first island.

It is a bit more linear then usual, but isnt too bad. Theres alot of optional stuff and I put a safe bet on that you missed alot of little things here and there.

I've played through the first island about 3 or 4 times and keep finding new stuff.

You can be an Unaligned, or did you not notice the middle of the road responces when people ask your opinion?

Geneforge 1 is still my favorite of the series, but 3 is a close second.

Fez

Erudite
I tried the demo and I'm still undecided about it. I was disappointed with the second one in parts, although it was still pretty good.

Lady Armageddona

Liturgist
LlamaGod said:
Seems like you only played the first island.

Naturally. I said I just got the demo, I haven't registered yet. And I by now I finished half the 2nd island that's included.

LlamaGod said:
It is a bit more linear then usual, but isnt too bad. Theres alot of optional stuff and I put a safe bet on that you missed alot of little things here and there.

Hmm, I never miss stuff. But you may be right. There are a couple of things I can do more on the 1st island, but they are quite a challenge for a level 13-14 guardian (like completing the 2nd test in the Training Grounds to complete the amulet or exterminating that wanna be magic user in the middle area)

LlamaGod said:
I've played through the first island about 3 or 4 times and keep finding new stuff.

You maybe right. Come to thing of it, I could try out the other characters. And take Greta.

LlamaGod said:
You can be an Unaligned, or did you not notice the middle of the road responces when people ask your opinion?

I notice it. Only it is not given in 90 % of the time, for example when I have to give advise to the Servile Caretaker in San Ru.

Besides I like being an loyal Shaper. I only ask for the choise to not actually join the Loaylist Shapers, if I find them as off their rockets, as they were in G2.

LlamaGod said:
Geneforge 1 is still my favorite of the series, but 3 is a close second.

Same here. G1 is inarguably the best in the series, especially the ending, where it is obvious that sequels were not initially planned. G2, however much I did like, comes with the drawback of being a sequel, and having more sequells planned, to say the least.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom