Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic 2 and WinXP SP2

Gwendo

Augur
I guess there's an incompatibility of the game with the Service Pack 2 installed. I just can't install the game. The autorun works, but then freezes when I try to install the game. The problem is not the CD, so I'm sure it's because of the SP2.

Does anyone know any patch (official or unofficial)? Or any solution for this problem?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I heard of similar problems with Night of the Raven, are you by any chance using that? People on Polish boards said that in that case the autorun might be broken and you should nevar use it because it may corrupt your installation (iirc). They said that you should just manually install the game.

Gwendo

Augur
Nothing works. Since this is a new computer, maybe the CDs are not compatible with my DVD player?

This sucks!

Elwro

Arcane
Is the error happening with CD #3? My friend had such a problem, and I've seen something about that (specifically about CD #3) on the German boards, but it was like 1.5 yrs ago.

Gwendo

Augur
It's the first CD. The CD spins and spins, as if the player was trying to read it and can't. I guess I'll try it in a friend's computer, as the CD doesn't look damaged. :(

Elwro

Arcane
Can you access the CD via Windows Explorer? Maybe you could make its image and try to run it with DaemonTools.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
This problem is related to Gothic 2's autorun installation system. You should disable Autoplay by going to My Computer > select your CD/DVD drive, right click for "Properties" > select "Autoplay" and use "Take No Action" for every option on the list (e.g. Music Files, Video Files, etc).

Once that is done, just go to your Windows Explorer (or My Computer), and type D: or whatever your cd-rom drive is located in and look for the Setup.exe or Install.exe file and run that to install the game manually.

I hope this works. I dont think there's anything wrong with the CD or your drive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom