Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

climber513

Literate
So, what is the answer to the Reaver on Waterport? I tried COLLECT POSSESSIONS, MY HOUSE, LOOTING, ITEMS... and nothing.

Just plain "possessions" worked for me. If you haven't figured it out yet.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm pretty much done with the "first act", but I am missing a few things. 100% on nearly all maps, but...

Great Hall of Samhain, when you sleep on the demonic summoning circle, you get a message but nothing else happens, is this relevant?

Also in the Great Hall of Samhain, the rune slab and the lightning orbs, how do they work?

And how do I decode the runes to unlock the Phoenix Gate in Samhain?

Lord Andre

Arcane
What skills are people investing in for the section with "Evasion/swimming/climbing" etc. I've been dumping into swimming because I read somewhere that you need to swim a few titles later on, but is there something more useful I should be focusing on?

I assume you mean a class that has no specialty skill there... If it's not a shield guy, maybe pump throwing ? The metal balls make the target unconscious from time to time... Scout maybe, if you don't have some one better doing it. Or if you plan on multiclassing, hoard the skills to dump them all at once later when you learn a cool skill... It depends on the class and what skills you already have covered by the other guys...

Biggus

Scholar
Dunno if this'll translate to this new 'save fix' version, but while you can't load 1.2.0.7 saves into older versions, you can load the 1.2.0.7 player library into them. Saves rereolling, that has to be good... right?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
What skills are people investing in for the section with "Evasion/swimming/climbing" etc. I've been dumping into swimming because I read somewhere that you need to swim a few titles later on, but is there something more useful I should be focusing on?

Swimming needs maybe a couple points to swim two squares and then cast refresh at the lowest setting to swim the third square you will need.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

I assume you mean a class that has no specialty skill there... If it's not a shield guy, maybe pump throwing ? The metal balls make the target unconscious from time to time... Scout maybe, if you don't have some one better doing it. Or if you plan on multiclassing, hoard the skills to dump them all at once later when you learn a cool skill... It depends on the class and what skills you already have covered by the other guys...

Well yeah, but I'm pretty sure Shield isn't in that category. It seems like mostly overworld-inclined skills, not combat or equipment skills. I've got all the skills I need covered, my ranger is a scout for example, so I don't need to invest in that on other characters. Evasion/Swimming seems like the best option, but Idk.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Well yeah, but I'm pretty sure Shield isn't in that category. It seems like mostly overworld-inclined skills, not combat or equipment skills. I've got all the skills I need covered, my ranger is a scout for example, so I don't need to invest in that on other characters. Evasion/Swimming seems like the best option, but Idk.

Speaking of evasion, it seems to be about retreating from combat and running away, right? I'm not sure if it helps with agility in combat.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron
Speaking of evasion, it seems to be about retreating from combat and running away, right? I'm not sure if it helps with agility in combat.

Retreating from combat, I think that's all it governs. I could be wrong though. Regardless, I've got like 20 Evasion in most of my characters and they still haven't been able to successfully retreat from a battle. Maybe once it gets higher.

Lord Andre

Arcane

I meant a character that uses a shield has no free hand for throwing items. My advice would be to hold on to the points since that way you can invest them on the spot if ever the need arises.

If the need never arises and you switch to assassin at level 10, you can immediately dump a ton of points into lethal blow, for example.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

I meant a character that uses a shield has no free hand for throwing items. My advice would be to hold on to the points since that way you can invest them on the spot if ever the need arises.

If the need never arises and you switch to assassin at level 10, you can immediately dump a ton of points into lethal blow, for example.

Lethal Blow is not in the same category as Evasion/Swimming/Combat, or is it?

Lord Andre

Arcane
I haven't started yet, should I wait for a patch later today, or just go ahead with the current version?

Wait. And plan you're party in the meantime. There were links to 3 .rtf files floating around the thread that help a ton. If you roll some good characters and don't want to lose them, back up the char library file. It doesn't get broken like the saves but steams overwrites it when updating. The name of the char library file was also floating around. I have bad memory for names...

Lethal Blow is not in the same category as Evasion/Swimming/Combat, or is it?

It is Luke, check your feelings ranger, you know it to be true.

Lord Andre

Arcane
Just looking at the game directory, it seems obvious now that the char library file can only be "RPG100.LIB". Duh.

mondblut

Arcane
Dunno if this'll translate to this new 'save fix' version, but while you can't load 1.2.0.7 saves into older versions, you can load the 1.2.0.7 player library into them. Saves rereolling, that has to be good... right?

You can even load the superdemo library.

Heck, I am pretty sure you can load a save into hex edit program and copy the relevant portion from old save to new with all items and shit (maybe no spells though), to quickly breeze through what you played before if you think of upgrading to save-incompatible version. The amount of bytes per character and their position seems identical to the library, and I did in fact overwrote one of ongoing chars I was displeased with a newly created one copied from the library.

Hey Zep Zepo , don't you want to add a functionality to export and import characters between saves and the library to your editor? Now that would make it useful for more than mere cheating.

Danthar

Novice

Retreating from combat, I think that's all it governs. I could be wrong though. Regardless, I've got like 20 Evasion in most of my characters and they still haven't been able to successfully retreat from a battle. Maybe once it gets higher.
Oh wow, and I thought it was almost a guaranteed success. Tried it out with 0 points and no problem. Maybe depends on status effects? I had no negatives.

Polanski

Scholar
Anyone know how to change the order of my party? It is irritating to have a fighter join me and stand in the back lines.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

Oh wow, and I thought it was almost a guaranteed success. Tried it out with 0 points and no problem. Maybe depends on status effects? I had no negatives.

I had no status effects, but the only time I've tried to retreat is in a battle with Mordecai. Maybe you can't flee from him or he has a very high Evasion requirement.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like I'm a little stuck. I got the
Royal Seal of Loogmar from the dwarf vendor in Crowl after giving him that letter from his father. I have a couple of essential items from all over the place, but I dunno how to cross that chasm to get to the other side and open the gate with the seal. The one thing I haven't done yet is to go into the baths and find the missing sister. There's a locked gate down there I don't know how to open, and I already went through the tomb of that saint, up into the eyrie, and found that huge egg. No idea what to do with it tho.

Weasel
hAbEeqF.png

Tigranes

Arcane
Wait, so a Berserker will, at some point, cast healing spells, or something?

THE SAWYERISATION OF GRIMWAH BEGINS

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom