Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Heavy Rain

Martyr

Arcane
Heavy Rain is gonna release today !
on Epic games store

this is pretty big news for the non console folks. I almost bought a PS3 back then so I could play Heavy Rain, but nope, here's the computer release. :bounce:

anyone else going to play it? anyone any experience with the game?

edit: added trailer. phew, I can only hope the game is better than the trailer suggests. :?

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
We don't enjoy barely interactive screen savers on the codex
officially we don't.
but then we vote Witcher 3 in the top 20 best RPGs, don't we? and of course we've secretely played Heavy Rain so we can tell that it's shit.

Starwars

Arcane
I would enjoy a game like this if it was well made, though I could skip on the whole "let's take a shower with awkward controls" parts. But I like interactive stories.

HOWEVER, Heavy Rain features a story that is so fucking terrible, characters that are so fucking dumb, and voiceacting that is so fucking shitty, that it's just... no. Add to that some of your usual David Cage weirdness and you have a game that is...

... well, it actually almost falls into the "game is so bad it's hilarious" category. But only almost. Most of the time it's just annoyingly shitty.

Martyr

Arcane
you guys are making me depressed. still hyped though. :bounce:
but let's see, maybe it really turns out to be shit. that'd be a huge letdown, after all this time.
the thing is that I don't actually like the whole "interactive movie" gameplay, but I do like dark atmosphere, serial killers and bad weather and Heavy Rain seems to have a lot of all that. :?

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Someone has to walk the plank and actually play the game then report back if it's shit.

Martyr

Arcane
Someone has to walk the plank and actually play the game then report back if it's shit.
I'm going to play it, obviously.
but reporting back could be a bit delayed in time. if the game is bigger than 10 GB than I can probably start playing it in about 2 days, got shitty internet.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Play it until she puts her clothes back on.

Less than an hour?

You've seen all the types of QTE/Hit X To Jason stuff by this point.

Zep--

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I suggest you watch some clip on youtube, where the dude basically failed every single QTE command during a chase. It's absolutely hilarious.
Also just watch Seven. You'll save several hours and get a better story and acting. Or True Detective season 1.

Martyr

Arcane
I suggest you watch some clip on youtube, where the dude basically failed every single QTE command during a chase. It's absolutely hilarious.
Also just watch Seven. You'll save several hours and get a better story and acting. Or True Detective season 1.
brilliant movie/tv series. actually that's what I'm hoping, that Heavy Rain is somewhat similar to Seven.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I'm going to play it, obviously.
but reporting back could be a bit delayed in time. if the game is bigger than 10 GB than I can probably start playing it in about 2 days, got shitty internet.

I could watch an entire Let's Play by the time you're done.

Martyr

Arcane
the detective is the killer

thought so by watching the trailer. if it's true, I'm not surprised.

Quotes reveal spoilers, dude.
he put it into a spoiler after I've quoted him. that's why he also got a
rating_rage.gif
from me.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
the detective is the killer

thought so by watching the trailer. if it's true, I'm not surprised.

the game is a letdown however not because of the QTEs but because of the story

they let you play as the killer investigating your own murders

now that means multiple personalities (the sign of weak stories) and as you can imagine: the whole story will orbit around the same characters without even a hit of a real detective investigation

as Kojima, David Cage is a failed cinematographer which knows how to produce pretty pictures but there is no substance underneath all the dressing

sorry, the only decent to good game that shit has ever created is Omikron

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
it's out, 31.4 GB this is going to take me a fucking week. :negative:

also wonder why it has appeared seperatly from the Pre-Purchase.
6iqmckx.jpg

Boleskine

Arcane
Heavy Rain isn't necessarily a bad experience, but it's bogged down by too many moments that boil down to this:

oi4O7fk.gif

The FBI guy has some enjoyable "detective" stuff, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom