Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hey World of Darkness people

Gozma

Arcane
Has there ever been a sourcebook or adventure that tries to go through how the process of the masquerade falling apart and all the supernatural shit becoming public knowledge permanently would work? I kinda figure they build up so much narrative support for the masquerade that it can theoretically cover up anything (since it's basically designed to keep vampire RPG adventures episodically nailed to a status quo) but some writer could have gotten interested in that kind of extreme social upheaval setting right?

Edit - also, failing that, any media thing about any fictional supernatural or They Live! style alien masquerades falling apart

Last edited:

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Final Nights work around this. Bear in mind that these supplements are extremly shitty and should be avoided at all costs. White Wolf were really lazy when it came to ending cWoD.:decline:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No. Finals Nights are not an option IMO, and I don't know of other sources on that.

lightbane

Arcane
IIRC, NWoD has a sourcebook about it: Mirrors. It contains ideas for alternate settings (such as the one you describe, a postapocalyptic one, a medieval setting and so on) along with changes to some rules like a modified Morality (in this book the writers finally admitted that the whole moral system was shit, heh).

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
The masquerade is one of those strange things in WoD that "work... but why?" In cWoD you have so much shit, that it's really hard to destroy it, IF you factor in the other sourcebooks. If you go by vampire only, then no problem, but add the Technocracy and "keeping shit a secret" is easy.

I once made an quick adventure about Gehenna. It started with a big bang, an atomic bomb falling onto Detroit, where the players were. From that you can go anywhere you please, but because I wanted it to end quickly (and wtf is this shit), I went with the Nightshade, the Saulot-Jesus one. The players liked it, because I killed half of them, because of their choices in the game (killing a child, not helping people in need, etc.).

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
The masquerade is one of those strange things in WoD that "work... but why?" In cWoD you have so much shit, that it's really hard to destroy it, IF you factor in the other sourcebooks. If you go by vampire only, then no problem, but add the Technocracy and "keeping shit a secret" is easy.

I once made an quick adventure about Gehenna. It started with a big bang, an atomic bomb falling onto Detroit, where the players were. From that you can go anywhere you please, but because I wanted it to end quickly (and wtf is this shit), I went with the Nightshade, the Saulot-Jesus one. The players liked it, because I killed half of them, because of their choices in the game (killing a child, not helping people in need, etc.).

That sounds pretty rad. Did you used a scenario from "Final Nights", or was inspired by one, or just made it yourself?

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
A little of everything. I almost never use a scenario by the book. The Saulot-child with amnesia, making humanity slaves, the court of ancient vampires judging young ones, the Call (all vampires hear the call of the clan founders and must go to them), Saulot-Jesus thing and the first sunlight (God's judgement on Kindred), all of these things I used, but a little differently. I don't remember how much or if there were other things, because it was a year ago, but yeah.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
A little of everything. I almost never use a scenario by the book. The Saulot-child with amnesia, making humanity slaves, the court of ancient vampires judging young ones, the Call (all vampires hear the call of the clan founders and must go to them), Saulot-Jesus thing and the first sunlight (God's judgement on Kindred), all of these things I used, but a little differently. I don't remember how much or if there were other things, because it was a year ago, but yeah.

:greatjob: 10/10. Would play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom