Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

I will bring buttons back

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Feb 3, 2019.

?

Buttons

1. Bring buttons back

50.2%
  2. I am a brofist purist

27.9%
  3. Remove brofists too

21.9%
  1. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Only 90s kids will remember this
    Because you're cunts. Cunts who I don't -want- to give any pleasure in life. Cunts who live to aggravate me after I've spent a fucking year fixing bugs in their favorite game.

I probably won't quit entirely. As I said in my first post (hours ago), I'll probably get back into the mood someday. But right now, the thought that the cretins over there will get use out of my sweat and hard work just nauseates me. I'll probably keep doing it for you guys eventually (and thanks for the support) but it's going to be a while before I can enjoy anything to do with this. The assholes have pretty much destroyed my desire to work my ass off so that they can use my work while heaping abuse over trivial bullshit. I probably won't quit entirely. As I said in my first post (hours ago), I'll probably get back into the mood someday. But right now, the thought that the cretins over there will get use out of my sweat and hard work just nauseates me. I'll probably keep doing it for you guys eventually (and thanks for the support) but it's going to be a while before I can enjoy anything to do with this. The assholes have pretty much destroyed my desire to work my ass off so that they can use my work while heaping abuse over trivial bullshit. For some strange and whacky reason, it doesn't seem worth the while anymore.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Which game is that? I'll tell you if it's my favorite.

^ Top  
  3. Bohr Arcane

Bohr
    Where's the agenda button :negative:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    No matter how desperately you continue to repeat my name and gesticulate wildly in my direction, I'm never going to *notice* you. Not the way you want, anyway. You're just going to have to move on.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Is this Zoe Quinn?

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  6. Daemongar Arcane

Daemongar
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire BattleTech
    That would be interesting: Make Buttons DLC. Start everyone with the :shit: :decline: and maybe :yes: and :no: - everything else comes at a cost per year (month?)

:incline: $1
    :retarded white face: $6
    :smiley: $0.50
    :equip the ring: I don't know, maybe $2 for non-Tolkien fans, $6 for fans
    :gimme them dolla bills: $10

Also, wouldn't hurt to make purple bordered versions of the above buttons for 10x their normal cost. That is *rare* buttons.

Also, limit the number of buttons you can use per day to 10. You have to buy a season pass to use up to 100 buttons a day.

Also, the codex shouldn't stop collecting to buy body parts for folks once some guy gets a liver. Collect donations all the time. That way the Codex can buy organs when they are on sale so when you need them, you don't have to pay full price.
    "Hey, Codex, I need a liver! Help!"
    DU: What size do you need? We have 6!

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  7. moon knight Matt7895's alt

moon knight

I would rate this :autism:

But I can't.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    the chinese

^ Top  
  9. RRRrrr Prophet

RRRrrr
    Nah, a simple butthurt rating would suffice.

Hello friend, how much does your anus hurt? Show us on this doll where DU touched you.:butthurt:l

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Frozen82 Arcane

Frozen82
    Can someone ban this DU idiot.

He's obviously a democrat supporter.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Well played :excellent:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I have a feeling that 90% of button hatred is just butthurt over negative ratings and 10% is people on potatoes, worried about performance.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  13. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  14. Chainsaw Gutsfuck Learned

Chainsaw Gutsfuck
    Nobody cares about the negative ratings, it's just that some of us don't like the sitcom-like vibe the buttons bring in every thread.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    except for the people who get butthurt about negative ratings and then go on a rating spree because they are butthurt but 'nobody cares about the negative ratings' because you people like to redefine reality to suit your agenda

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  16. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    You can easily hide it with adblock. Not buying that anyone would care about Codex not looking serious enough though, so I'm calling bullshit.

I rate your post a poorly veiled butthurt detected.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  17. Freddie Savant

Freddie
    Might be worth awhile to implement some sort of packs which give sort of things like custom CSS, custom backgrounds and perhaps sometimes even a rating button. Then tie these packs to some sort of lottery mechanic where Codexers don't purchase buttons directly but packs with random contents.

Purchasing these lottery packs couldn't be done via real world currency. Instead real world currency could be used to buy Codex Credits...Trolls?, well fuck it, Codex Troll Points (CTP). For something like say 10 € Codexer gets 400 CTP, and packs would cost something like 500 CTP. Of course it would be only fair if package contents would be completely random, so Codexer might get same wallpaper, custom style or button numerous times. Just imagine the fun and exictment when Codexer with 20 agree buttons once more tries his luck to get disagree button.

I really like your button themes idea and would add seasonal packs and of course during the season only those whom have seasonal pack buttons can use theirs. Oh, the possibilities.

^ Top  
  18. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Also stupid elitism from old fags that barely come by anymore. Haven't seen Scrooge post even if she was constantly complaining about buttons.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  19. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    buttons breathed new life into the codex for me. so many tards came over that we have no problem with the amount of posters, only the quality. and buttons lower the amount of low quality shitposts and are a great way to make the low iq lose their shit over nothing.

• Brofist Brofist x 12
    ^ Top  
  20. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    It does separate the good old school shitposters from the modern paper skinned faggots. Also some of them are pretty useful when there is no need to write a whole post in respond,like agree or informative.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  21. Chainsaw Gutsfuck Learned

Chainsaw Gutsfuck
    Okay, but shouldn't those people like the buttons? They can abuse them to take revenge to anyone that triggered them. I bet using an algorithm to downvote someone's entire posting history feels more cathartic than a shitpost in their profile page.

I don't think I would mind them much if they weren't so overused, but seeing every second post with 3 funny, 3 creative, 2 it is a mystery and 1 Merry Christmas got old eventually.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    lol, you're now you're implying that algorithms are the reason people rate your retarded posts retarded. It's cute.
    Again, you can hide it with adblock. No excuse.

You're just butthurt when people rate your posts negatively. Admit it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. DarkUnderlord Bringing that old Raptor magic.

DarkUnderlord
    Goodbye hello friend.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  24. Swigen Educated

Swigen
    I don’t think you’re retarded Mr. Gutsfuck, Mayhem is an excellent band.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Assisted Living Godzilla Savant

Assisted Living Godzilla

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)