Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Icewind Dale 2, how to remove "rest until healed"

Murk

Arcane
Icewind Dale 2, how to remove "rest until healed"

So did anyone ever figure this out? complete pain in the ass to sleep for months at a time when all i want is my bloody spells back.

Andhaira

Arcane
Open the game options menu and unclick the rest until healed option (the diamnod)

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Actually, start the configuration utility (not the in-game options) and in the "game" tab, unclick "Heal party on rest".

Murk

Arcane
Lonely Vazdru said:
Actually, start the configuration utility (not the in-game options) and in the "game" tab, unclick "Heal party on rest".

That doesn't do it - that auto-casts healing spells on rest if you have any left memorized for the "day".

AndhairaX said:
Open the game options menu and unclick the rest until healed option (the diamnod)

There is no such option in game config/options, that's a Baldur's Gate option that IWD2 doesn't have.

I imagine there's a way to do it either through console and/or some kind of hack/fix. I tried searching and googling and going through the usual infinitey engine mod dumps but i couldn't come up with anything.

I thought maybe a more knowledgeable person might know if there's some shit i can enter into icewind2.ini or enter through the console.

Murk

Arcane
Err, okay apparently i am an engorged twat-faggot.

I could have SWORN i had rested with the option of "heal party on rest" turned off but I guess i either didn't or some scripted event did it or something that resulted in 32 hours going by of sleep.

I just tested it out and it was only 8 hours.

Mods/Admins, feel free to retardo and/or delete this damn thing.

Murk

Arcane
Probably safe to do both, and throw in something about trannies while you're at it.

1eyedking said:
Or maybe we should bump this to further evidence your stupidity, hm?

Not quite, even with this option disabled (that is, if you 'sleep' you only do so for 8 hours) you still rest until healed if you opt to "rest" from an npc, like some of the random druids you find littered throughout the shaengarne or what have you

that was what threw me off apparently ;(

1eyedking

Erudite
Mikayel said:
Not quite, even with this option disabled (that is, if you 'sleep' you only do so for 8 hours) you still rest until healed if you opt to "rest" from an npc, like some of the random druids you find littered throughout the shaengarne or what have you

that was what threw me off apparently ;(
That wouldn't surprise me, IWD2 has got those quirks. Seems like they forgot to give you the option to do so with the first guys around; they'll later ask you whether you'd like to rest until healed or only for 8 hours.

Walkin' Dude

Liturgist
I never finished this game. Is there actually a part where time matters? Is it just for the additional challenge of not being fully healed after 8 hours rest?

Murk

Arcane
Walkin' Dude said:
I never finished this game. Is there actually a part where time matters? Is it just for the additional challenge of not being fully healed after 8 hours rest?

None that I am aware of, I just didn't want a full heal - just spell regeneration.

1eyedking said:
That wouldn't surprise me, IWD2 has got those quirks. Seems like they forgot to give you the option to do so with the first guys around; they'll later ask you whether you'd like to rest until healed or only for 8 hours.

Yeah, the main thing that sprang to mind was that retarded auto rest until healed after you kill the black dragon. I never did figure out if the dragon dropped stuff and you couldn't get it cuz you end up sleeping for like 150 days* or if it doesn't drop anything.

*only time i got that far in the game (and went on to beat it) was with a solo fighter who was like level 30 at this point

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom