Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KotB bug reports

Endarire

Scholar
CRASHES ON THE BORDERLANDS!
After many hours of playing, my KotB save has repeatedly crashed for reasons unknown to me - immediately or soon after changing maps. Maybe it was due to the ox's saddlebags being moved from the Keep via the normal radial menu means. Maybe my PC overheated or 'did a thing.'

I'm only using ToEE, KotB 1.0.1, and T+ 1.0.73 and no other mods. This is on a Windows 10 64-bit machine. ToEE never had any such problems to my knowledge.

I'm including all my KotB saves here from this machinee, but the most recent 2 have crashed the most and with such a frequency that I've paused KotB playing for now.

(Soon before finishing this post, I tried KotB again and it seemed to work, but the test was brief.)

Dwarf Armor issue (known vanilla bug)

SPELL CAST TIMES
-Enlarge person, reduce person, dominate person, dominate monster, sleep, and deep slumber should each have a cast time of 1 round a la summon spells.

1.0.75 - KOTB SIDE
BEGUILER SPELLS
-Of the spells currently implemented, Beguilers should get hold monster at level 5 instead of 9 and mass hold monster at level 9. Dominate monster should also be available to them at spell level 9 and mass invisibility should come at level 7.

Fixed v1.0.76

-Maybe this works properly with Co8.

Last edited by a moderator:

Endarire

Scholar
DUERGARMOR
Internally, what about the Addamantine Breastplate on the Duergar causes the game to bug/crash?

Would replacing the Duergar with a normal Dwarf make the game work properly especially when wearing that Adamantine Breastplate?

Is it safe to use a save file after getting the Adamantine Breastplate but remove that armor from the Duergar's equipped items?

OTHER KOTB
-That adamantine breastplate is listed as requiring heavy armor proficiency but breastplates are medium armor and adamantine doesn't change weight categories.

-Obscuring mist's spell scroll cost is bugged. Instead of being 25G base like other level 1 spell scrolls, it's at least hundreds. Making scrolls of this via Scribe Scroll is a very quick and easy way to profit! (The scroll if used as an item works as normal.)

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
KotB
-Undead Commanded via Rebuke Undead seem to do nothing in battle. Maybe they're stuck readying vs approach. Maybe it's because they somehow became paralyzed.

-Spells added to this module (benign transposition, etc.) don't have associated scribable scrolls. They probably also don't have associated brewable potions nor craftable wands.

-Billy: Charming him via charm person, etc. doesn't give the best rewards: We found no way to get the summon monster II scroll nor the arrows promised in this post.

-Flying creatures (Air Elementals, Bats, Dire Bats, Gargoyles, etc.) should be immune to ground-based hazards like web, entangle, and grease.)

Last edited:

Endarire

Scholar
KotB - Caves of Chaos - Hobgoblin Cave
I used warp wood to unlock the door leading to the back section of the Hobgoblin cave. The Hobgoblin leader and the front room were already dead of enemies. Our group entered the southwest room, a fight ensued, and we noticed that there were prisoners (Man-at-Arms, Male, and Female) on the initiative list who were taking HP damage. We hurried to the eastern section where we saw the outlines for the prisoners only to learn they were considered enemies, just like the Hobgoblins. (Maybe it was because we greased the area under them or we healed them.) When a tripped prisoner tried standing, he provoked an AoO from our Cleric who promptly killed him depite very much wanting to save him instead. Thus, the prisoners in KotB should normally be factioned as NPCs but initially friendly to the party and hostile to the Hobgoblins, etc.

dechlog

Novice
At some point will you realize that you're diverting resources from a developer of a dead game toward the intention of improving a completely dead mod?

I apologize for the harshness of this post, it's just... my wife...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom