Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Nerd With Fallout - Video Series (COMPLETED)

• Thread starter Deleted Member 16721
  • Start date

Deleted Member 16721

ArchAngel has been hounding me for years to play this game, so I finally am. It's fun so far and I decided to Let's Play it, so here you go. A "blind" Fallout 1 run, starting with this episode. We may not laugh, we may cry, but we will nerd. Let's do it.

:fuuyeah:

Deleted Member 16721

You may find Let's Plays out there that promise this or that, and end up in some shenanigans. Let me tell you, I was a whistle punk for 10 years before making these videos, whistling when the big timbers would roll down the hill and I'll tell you that I learned a lot about wood then, all types of big oaks to birch firs and the like, and the point is that being a whistle punk you learn when to pull the trigger, when not to, your guys' lives are in your hands, you gotta watch their back. So I know how to approach a Let's Play. Ain't no different than whistlin' when a big evergreen goes down after some loggerhead suplexed it right outta the greened earth. You know when to whistle, when not to, and I also know when to enjoy a hot cup of coffee after a hard day of standin' on your feet all the time, speaking of which, I had fallen arches and it was a real problem for awhile, standin' and me just wasn't happening together well, so once I sat in this chair to do a Fallout Let's Play I knew my days of whistle punkin' were over, I found a new hobby to roll my sleeves up and dig into, retired my Timberland boots all the while the echo of those lands I knew so well a ringin' in my ears still. Matter of fact I get bouts of tinnitus now from that, and.......

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 2 is up and we travel to Shady Sands and learn the lay of the land a bit. Easing my way into the game and trying to figure it out as I go, so discover Fallout for the first time again with me! :cool:

Deleted Member 16721

Always good to see people play Fallout. Should have gone ironman though to make it interesting.

I didn't even know there was an option for that...or are you talking just a house rule type thing? My LP would be over already, lol. Too many unexpected fights that are sure shot deaths...

Deleted Member 16721

Episodes 3 and 4 are up, check them out if you're feeling bored or nostalgic for some good old Fallout. :cool:

Ep. 3

Ep. 4

Deleted Member 16721

So Episode 5, still searching for the water chip (remember this is my first time ever playing the game) and I have the brilliant idea to try killing a Deathclaw. Seems reasonable! :D

Episode 6 and I...continue trying to kill said Deathclaw. Who said these creatures were difficult?? Heh. But I also explore the town more and find some cool stuff, too. :salute:

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 7. We get killed, head to the Necropolis and do some killing of our own, visit the chemist, the Gun Runners, use a Stealth Boy to hide from Deathclaws, visit the Followers of the Apocalypse and get ourselves caught up in a hard quest to kill some Nightkin and Children of the Cathedral. Yeesh...

Episode 8. I figure out the quest is too difficult and head to The Glow instead to explore and try and join the Brotherhood of Steel, hoping to find a lead on the water chip from their advanced technology experts.

Deleted Member 16721

Damn, I keep forgetting to update this thread! Here are some new episodes I uploaded, full of gooey Fallout content played by a first-time Fallout player. :)

Ep. 9 -

Ep. 10 -

Ep. 11 -

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 12 we explore the Necropolis sewers more, fight some invading Super Mutant squads and make quite a discovery. :)

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 13, we try to save Tandi from the raiders, discover the truth behind Iguana Bob's "meat" production, fight a criminal underboss and more. Check it out, peoples!

Deleted Member 16721

In this episode we have an epic encounter with several Deathclaws and more. Episode FOUR-TEEEEEN!

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 15, we head to the Super Mutant base far to the northwest in this episode and all madness ensues. The series is almost done so check out some higher level content with me. :cool:

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 16, where we fight our way through the vault lair beneath the Cathedral in this episode of Let's Nerd.

Deleted Member 16721

Episode 17, minus the bonus footage talking to The Master, is the final episode in the Let's Nerd. Check it out and see how I beat the game in this epic finale. :)

Deleted Member 16721

And with this, the Let's Nerd is complete. Episode 18 is the final, final episode. I have a chat with The Master who I unexpectedly missed during the base Let's Nerd. Enjoy!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom