Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Let's raise $5,000 for Dead State.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've pledged there...not entirely convinced about this game, but this is the age where we stand up and put our money where our mouths are. Whine for ever or go down trying...

MCA
In the future, your inbred shitstains will ask you: where were you when the failed RPG renaissance came, father? Did you support the cause? Why did it fail?

And you know your real answer will be "I was paying for my WoW subscription and flirting with homos pretending to be girls while masturbating to Emma Watson on the my second monitor, that's why".

If you don't want live that bleak picture of the future wasteland, support this shit now.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Yeah but for me I have to beat up an old lady or little kid to get my pledge money, so I can't just throw around majestic jewgolds every month like some people here. It has to be more like a once a year thing of a tiny amount of money. Sucks to have tiny balls but that's life.

In China there is a market for such tiny balls. There's enough there to fund several KS projects for you.

Phelot

Arcane
Yeah but for me I have to beat up an old lady or little kid to get my pledge money, so I can't just throw around majestic jewgolds every month like some people here. It has to be more like a once a year thing of a tiny amount of money. Sucks to have tiny balls but that's life.

You're under no obligation to give money to this, especially if you aren't interested in the project.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

You're under no obligation to give money to this, especially if you aren't interested in the project.

Everyone on the Codex has an obligation to fund any half arsed RPG project if it asks for money. If you don't like it there are other sites available for you to enjoy: social.bioware.com/

Phelot

Arcane

Everyone on the Codex has an obligation to fund any half arsed RPG project if it asks for money. If you don't like it there are other sites available for you to enjoy: social.bioware.com/

In that case, I've got this RPG I've been thinking of making, but I need a few grand, help me out!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

In that case, I've got this RPG I've been thinking of making, but I need a few grand, help me out!

Put in on KS and I will. :smug:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So, what's the min. amount donated to get the actual game itself?

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
In the future, your inbred shitstains will ask you: where were you when the failed RPG renaissance came, father? Did you support the cause? Why did it fail?

And you know your real answer will be "I was paying for my WoW subscription and flirting with homos pretending to be girls while masturbating to Emma Watson on the my second monitor, that's why".

If you don't want live that bleak picture of the future wasteland, support this shit now.

You're forgot shelling out $60 for RMAH grinder 3.

hakuroshi

Augur
As an obedient unit of hivemind I did my duty.
Forgot to put my username though. Darn...
Well, does not matter really.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
We're now just $14 short of reaching the $350 goal for "Memorialized in the game with your name and some key personal information"!!!

!

As per usual we have no idea what the details are of what we'll have in-game but I'm suspecting it will be some kind of statue...

For you guys we can do something especial. What about an RPG store to loot in the game called "The RPG Codex", where you can find videogames and tabletop RPGs (we actually have those as luxury items that bring up morale). It will also have some other references to this prestigious place ;)
Lame ideas aside, what about a statue?

A big statue.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
I actually like the idea of not being able to control party members fully. It makes picking the right bunch for the job and using them effectively to complement your own style all the more important. I always liked in JA how the cheapo, less reliable mercs would go off and do their own thing from time to time if you were fucking up, or how the strong willed or intolerant ones would have issues with others. The only real problem I have is that the AI needs to be spot on, doing things believably and not just going apeshit randomly.

I won't give to the Codex fund though. I'm already butthurt that I wasted 20 minutes writing up my suggestions and DU's glorious competition fizzled anyway without a bye your leave! Let's face it, mine was the only suggestion with promise, the others were just derivative self indulgent wank about the Codex that no-one else would give a shit about.

We're now just $14 short of reaching the $350 goal for "Memorialized in the game with your name and some key personal information"!!!

!

As per usual we have no idea what the details are of what we'll have in-game but I'm suspecting it will be some kind of statue...

For you guys we can do something especial. What about an RPG store to loot in the game called "The RPG Codex", where you can find videogames and tabletop RPGs (we actually have those as luxury items that bring up morale). It will also have some other references to this prestigious place ;)

A big statue.

Just put in Peter's statue somewhere. It can be the official Codex seal of approval in every funded RPG.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hm. How about a Codex T-Shirt wearing zombie?

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
Lowered my kickstarter pledge and gave the difference to the Dex. Hopefully we can give this money to Brian through paypal, more cash in their pockets.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Assuming that your allies aren't currently in a negative morale state (panic, etc) do you get to move them in combat, the same way you move the player character? Or can you only assign the allies general orders?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer

!

A big statue.

One doesn't exclude the other.

Angthoron

Arcane
Donated fifty, forgot to add my account name, go me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom