Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 90: Brian Fargo on Wasteland & Fallout

bhlaab

Erudite
Awor Szurkrarz said:
He actually said that there's no reason why there shouldn't be turn-based combat and party-creation in modern cRPGs.

The way he says it makes it sound like Wasteland 2 might go that way

MisterStone

Arcane
Damn Fargo looks young, I thought he was going to be in his mid 60s or something...

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The quote on the game journalist rolling his eyes is gold, and very revealing about the current state of our industry.

MisterStone said:
Damn Fargo looks young, I thought he was going to be in his mid 60s or something...

Yeah he was really young when he started Interplay. 21 years old.

Luzur said:
posted this last night in mt thread.

That's fucking fascinating, dude, please tell us more.

7hm

Scholar
I like that Matt actually asks Fargo questions like (paraphrasing obviously) "Lots of people think Fallout 3 sucks. What do you think of it?"

"Lots of licensed games suck. Do you like making licensed games or new IP?"

"You said in an earlier interview that noone wants 80s games. I like 80s games. Why don't you make 80s games?"

.Sigurd

Educated
Volourn said:
"It's not like the RTwP combat in DAO had any depth"

More depth than POR, and FO combined.
Now, now... We all know that you love this Bioware fanboy facade, and it's fun to read that in the midle of such butthurt, but you need a bit of caution to not exaggerate and become to obvious.

7hm said:
I like that Matt actually asks Fargo questions like (paraphrasing obviously) "Lots of people think Fallout 3 sucks. What do you think of it?"

"Lots of licensed games suck. Do you like making licensed games or new IP?"

"You said in an earlier interview that noone wants 80s games. I like 80s games. Why don't you make 80s games?"
Yeah, I like that too.

Just like Tim Cain, Fargo at the beginning looked a bit restrained but at the end you could see the rage flowing through him.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Luzur said:
Brother None said:
Luzur said:
no, its fucking information that i was first to post this.
go to my thread and you will be told more.

Well then next time drop it in the news tip box. It's obnoxious to post "hurf hurf I posted this already" in a newsthread and because of that, you're a cockgobbling douchetruck.

I'm just saying.

Radisshu

Prophet
Brother None said:
Luzur said:
Brother None said:
Luzur said:

Well then next time drop it in the news tip box. It's obnoxious to post "hurf hurf I posted this already" in a newsthread and because of that, you're a cockgobbling douchetruck.

I'm just saying.

While you're not being obnoxious at all.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Radisshu said:
(Joined: 16 Jul 2007) While you're not being obnoxious at all.

haters-gonna-hate-sticker01.jpg

Luzur

Good Sir
Brother None said:
Luzur said:
Brother None said:
Luzur said:

I'm just saying.

well....deal with it.

just saying.

hörf hörf hörf

Radisshu

Prophet
Brother None said:
I am complaining that people are being obnoxious. When people say that I am also being obnoxious, I counter that by being even more obnoxious.

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom