Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

pirates of the caribbean - all versions

gowjames

Novice
:? just wondering if it's me or a bug, but when trying to leave a port as a convoys i cannot get my other ships to follow me. they just keep raising and lowering their sails and heading off all over the place very slowly.......am i missing something or do you just have to always use the map screen to move from place to place with a convoy ??

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
gowjames said:
:? just wondering if it's me or a bug, but when trying to leave a port as a convoys i cannot get my other ships to follow me. they just keep raising and lowering their sails and heading off all over the place very slowly.......am i missing something or do you just have to always use the map screen to move from place to place with a convoy ??

Hmmm.... I never really had this problem, but you might wish to check out the site I am going to give you. It's the best POTC (among other pirate games) site out there and they have some really nice mods that enhance gameplay a hundred-fold as well.

http://www.piratesahoy.net/

Hope this helps. :)

gowjames

Novice
cheers for that, got the x box version though :(

:? so my other ships should just follow me as i sail out of a port ?? no commands required or anything (not that i've seen any anywayz)??

also, can i leave a vessel behind (like a damaged one) and nip off on me own??

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
gowjames said:
cheers for that, got the x box version though :(

:? so my other ships should just follow me as i sail out of a port ?? no commands required or anything (not that i've seen any anywayz)??

also, can i leave a vessel behind (like a damaged one) and nip off on me own??

Ahhh... I assumed you had the PC version from the title of the thread. Well, get the PC version if you can. The Xbox version was bugged as hell. It is still playable, but it WAS a direct port of the PC version and maintained all the bugs without the ability of modding or updating.

Your ships should follow you out of port, but you CAN command them to, oh, say, guard your ship. That way they will surely stay with you.

The only way to leave behind a ship is to sell it. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom