Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Poll] Bullshit end bosses

Who are the most brutal/ bullshit end bosses+video games you ever beat?

• Total voters

Jason Liang

Arcane
There are definitely a lot more obscure ones but I tried to get all of the more infamous ones in the original listing. One example is Steel Empire, which is certainly in the top 5 of difficult games I've ever beaten (1943 and Ecco the Dolphin are probably the two I'm proudest of).

Dracula and/ or Death from the original Castlevania came up a lot but a) you could cheese both fights with Holy Water and b) thousands of people have beaten them and they really aren't unpredictable enough to be a truly brutal boss. Same with the bosses from Metroid. So I don't really consider beating either Castlevania, Metroid or Contra something worth bragging about. This is why many of the bastards are from later (earlier) arcade fighting games as they are programmed to be more unpredictable, and thus eat up lots of quarters.

Zelda 2 came up a lot as well but again there's a pretty cheesey way to easily kill Dark Link and you can get really good at fighting him (just check out Zelda 2 speed runs).

RPGs I previously explained, although I admit the Gorrors *are* pretty special challenges. Still, I don't really consider "challenge" bosses here, since it's more about what the game designers had the balls to throw at the player in the base game. For example, nearly all the Rance games have insane challenge bosses but the actual end boss is never that brutal (although still challenging).

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
I still find the end fight in Risen 1 bullshit.
Risen

Nuff said...
So. I researched on Gamefaqs and it says:
Throughout the fight the blocks will disappear in the circle. You'll see
which because the runes on them will flash in advance. These are the only real
danger of dying, make sure you are not standing on when they flash. They
do come back so you won't end up standing on one block.

The way to defeat the boss is very simple. Wait for him to do his projectile
attack and block with the shield. Try to block them so they bounce back
towards the Titan. When he gets hit by one of these he'll be temporarily
stunned. When this happens run to the middle and do a power attack (hold the
attack button down). Basically repeat this several times avoiding his attacks.
Eventually you'll trigger a cutscene and an epilogue.

Congratulations on completing the game!

Doesn't sound that tough...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Doesn't sound that tough...
Yeah I recall it only took me like one or two tries to do it. The particular bullshit thing about it is that it forces you to use certain equipment making your build completely irrelevant.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Good to see people know how fucking cheap Shredder is in TMNT. This is the one that I got to fight though.

iu

Jason Liang

Arcane
Good to see people know how fucking cheap Shredder is in TMNT. This is the one that I got to fight though.

iu
I once watched 4 people drop about $150 worth of quarters fighting Krang + Shredder at Pizza Hut.

It was the only time I ever saw people get to Shredder too. Shredder won.

Back then no one knew two of the Shredders were fake...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom