Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend a good co-op RPG

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
So a friend and I are looking to play some old school (since my friend's computer is kind of crappy) RPG's together. We've already gone through the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, and are looking for something similar, though it doesn't have to be a fantasy setting. It would be great if it had an isometric perspective, though.

Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you :)

Zeus

Cipher
Avonaeon said:
So a friend and I are looking to play some old school (since my friend's computer is kind of crappy) RPG's together. We've already gone through the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, and are looking for something similar, though it doesn't have to be a fantasy setting. It would be great if it had an isometric perspective, though.

Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you :)

Drakensang?

I dunno, me and my brother just started up a game of Might & Magic: World of Xeen. It's not isometric, but that game as a whole lot of fun, and the graphics hold up to this day. It's like a powergaming fantasy come true. You don't just advance stats like strength, you come across barrels which increase them +5 a pop. :lol:

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Thanks for the suggestions so far :)

Maybe I should have mentioned Diablo as well, which we've played to death as well.

Now that I think about it, a good hack n' slash is also welcome (We've played Rune already :p)

Zeus

Cipher
My buddy bought me Guild Wars: Factions. It's online, but you can totally ignore others and play it like a single player Diablo clone. It's Asian themed instead of Generic Eurofantasy, so you get, like, ninja masters and pet Tigers and junk. Might be worth looking into, as it has no monthly fee, you just buy it and play it all you want.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
Dungeon Lords can be quiet good, if you're willing to endure the bugs. Played it together with two pals and we all had a blast.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guild wars. If you're only limited to one of them, get the Nightfall campaign. Factions is the least newbie friendly and not all that good IMO. The original OTOH is way too slow. Nightfall has the perfect balance.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Serious Sam 2 HD - 4-pack is on sale for $15 on Steam.

In this coop-enabled game, you play the role of Serious Sam, an armed wonderer who goes forth to destroy presumably evil hordes of whatever-the-fuck-that-is...

serioussamiiingamescree.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom