Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommend me base building+adventure

J1M

Arcane
I don't personally endorse it, but Moonlighter is exactly what you are looking for.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Judgement: Apocalypse survival simulator maybe?
The base building in that is simplistic af compared to stuff like rimworld but the game loop seems exactly what you described in OP.

Tempest Citadel might be up your alley too, dunno what are the codex's thoughts about that game but I had fun with it and it at least tries to have its own spin on the xcom formula.
Since it might just be too obscure for some people to be familiar with: it's an xcom like game except rather then TBS battles, soldiers are either controllable like an rts (meh) or automated according to selected to doctrines and strategies (i.e: you might have a squad of snipers who have orders to focus fire the biggest enemy threat as soon as they see itwhilst another squad with short ranged weapons engages aggressively at close range without caring for target bias), and the game is designed to be played with automated squads so you really do feel like an armchair commander.

holy shit balls no. i tried my best to like tempest citadel whatever it took but it was just not possible. and it was exactly the genre i was looking for.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
latest

What do you guys who played think of My Time at Portia?

DQ builders 2 sounds good, I heard you can pet doggies
rating_shittydog.gif
. It will be full price AAA for a while though.

Gerrard

Arcane
Recommend me base building+adventure.
You go dungeon crawling or adventure, come back and spend loot on building base. Base could be adventurer's guild, spaceship, wizard tower, evil fortress etc.

I'll get downvoted into the 9th level of hell for this, but you can build very very sophisticated bases in Fallout 4.

Not without mods, and NPCs can't even fucking path correctly around some even simple structures. I broke a quest in the castle because I had the audacity to plug up the destroyed walls and the NPC was too dumb to use the stairs.
By default the way that placing objects works is fucking awful, snap distance, no grid, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom