Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil 6 gameplay

Random

Arcane
Patron
I, uh, liked the trailers. :oops:

Though that's probably just because Leon's the main character again.

We can only pray that the writers go all out with his lines, giving us more instant classics like the infamous "Your right hand comes off?" and "No, you're small time!"

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
did RE5 have the same prosperian dialogue(/plot) as 4? because it sounds like RE6 is going to be a Mature Game

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Who's the sweet pair of jugs in the beginning whose sister gets disappeared?

Bahamut

Arcane
Is it me or Leon looks like DMC4 dante with diffrent haircut?

Random

Arcane
Patron
did RE5 have the same prosperian dialogue(/plot) as 4? because it sounds like RE6 is going to be a Mature Game

Nope. RE5 went full srs and that's (partially) why it was utter shit and a failure of a sequel. Though Wesker's lines were pretty hammy... but it lacked that silliness which made 4 so great.

Who's the sweet pair of jugs in the beginning whose sister gets disappeared?

Another no-name bitch for Leon to babysit. Unfortunately.

I have a feeling they might have reused DMC4 Dante's character sprite to cut down on costs. That's not necessarily a bad thing, especially when Dante and Leon were once the same character.

Ermm

Erudite

Funny that you ask, since first iteration of RE4 when they were making it transformed into DMC (yes, Dante was supposed to be Resident Evil character, some kind of a french cop if I remember correctly). I once saw somewhere few concept art pieces of RE4 on net, when it still included Dante.

Random

Arcane
Patron
You know, now that I think about it, it might be a terrible thing that Leon's in this game, since they've beaten him with the GRIMDARK stick so much he's completely unrecognizable from any previous incarnations...

I liked his personality in 4 a lot more than this. He was smooth, cool, a little goofy, but still likable. Now he's just "GET TO DA CHOPPA" and "FUCK YOU CHRIS ADA'S MY BITCH!"

Random

Arcane
Patron
Resident Evil 2 that might have been

Police station actually looked like a station, and soundtrack is pretty good and atmospheric.

Actually the soundtrack is used in RE2, just during the later parts of the game.

Ermm

Erudite

Police station actually looked like a station, and soundtrack is pretty good and atmospheric.

Actually the soundtrack is used in RE2, just during the later parts of the game.

Some of it is being used, I know, but some of them were unheard, like the one used where zombies are getting past the barricades in the video...

Also, the track that starts at 1.24 I think was unused.

Random

Arcane
Patron

Some of it is being used, I know, but some of them were unheard, like the one used where zombies are getting past the barricades in the video...

Also, the track that starts at 1.24 I think was unused.

Nope, the track at 1:24 is used in the final stage of RE2 (the Underground Umbrella Facility).

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Speaking of which, which first 3 RE games was the best?

I barely recall 1 and 3. I do remember vividly my parents wanting me to turn the volume down when Jill talked. I think 2 was my favorite. I haven't played an RE game in years.
2 Hands down was the best. Situation, atmosphere everything...

Ermm

Erudite
Even though it is not survival horror anymore, even in the action department RE6 looks clumsy even for modern console shitter. It looks clumsy, and I mean, really clumsy. Looks like a rush job.

ForeverStynes

Novice
Queued
i don't care as long as it has some zombies to shoot, and leon with his kickass jacket. and chris looks very badass. i mean what more you want from resident evil?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's a parody of a retard doing reviews, right? SAY IT'S A PARODY!!!

What is gameplay? Mahsing buttons.
Interactive cutscenes.
Third person shooter.

WTF?

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
shinji-mikami-profile-530px.jpg

It's always darkest before dawn, deliver us shinji.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Why is this game getting so much flak from the "proffesionuls"? Not enough $$$ delivered by Capcom?

Ermm

Erudite
On a technical level, it's true that all you have to do in games to even control them, is to pess buttons on a keyboard/controller. But gameplay is completely different thing. In a hacker simulation game, it would be correct to say that gameplay there is to press keyboard buttons, like in a racing game you have to drive a car.

So yes, even though there is a grain of truth in that statement, he said it in a completely wrong way and sounds like a retard.

Also, even though I fucking hate RE4 to death, I have to admit, watching gameplay footage for RE6, RE4 kind of starts to look remotely as a RE game. You have to decline so much to even get me to admit that (still, I consider it as a shit).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom