Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial RPG Codex Editorial: Darth Roxor on the State of RPG Writing

Tigranes

Arcane
Basically, you decided this one guy's story was very true, and you decided to believe 100% of a particular portion of it.

We don't even disagree. But we're trying to have a conversation about other pieces of the puzzle, and other possible factors, drawing the bigger picture. And you're sitting there banging the same drum over and over again, refusing to think about anything else.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Sorry, you don't understand the main message of the text you were quoting.
This is actually the words of victims of reformed "modern" education system. I know this because I studied in these schools. :negative: Let's just say the school program was "optimized" to be polite. +MOptimized as in, removed musical study completely, gutted professional skills practice elective, made math unintelligeble past 5th grade. Want your child to be educated like 30 years ago? Search for a really good school and prepare the cash.

Meanwhile, the west actually asks, values and imports the cadre type known as "soviet engineer", i.e. someone who was taught by soviet education system who can potentially jump into any profession and do several different tasks at one workplace precisely because that person has been taught to be versatile, say knows basics of such vastly different disciplines as music and musical notation, french/spanish on a schoolboy level, discrete mathematics and classic literature analysis. All in the same brain.

Though who am I kidding and what am I idealizing, soviet system had been fucked since 1954 with removing formal logic and basic psychology disciplines. :shittydog:

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Basically, you decided this one guy's story was very true, and you decided to believe 100% of a particular portion of it.

Very funny, I also decided to belive that you are real and not troll or chat bot, or magical camel.
I don't see any single rason to doubt in his words, and your ONLY reason is fear and unwillingness to see what happening right now.
It's understandable, but very sad - you will lose your life and life of your kids with such ostrich attitude.

But we're trying to have a conversation about other pieces of the puzzle, and other possible factors, drawing the bigger picture.

It's irratinal behavior, but I'll leave you to that.
Seek another reasons. Maybe it's fluorine in water supply system, who knows...

Though who am I kidding and what am I idealizing, soviet system had been fucked since 1954 with removing formal logic and basic psychology disciplines.

Well, I don't know what was then, but I know, that at least in 60s thee was still very good school education, later changed to worse. I'll try to find another piece for those who know Russian at least.
It ws about oral form of essay or something like that.

Tigranes

Arcane
Are you an idiot? I said earlier that that guy's comments were very interesting and I learned a lot from it.

It's funny that we're all broadly in agreement - nobody is sitting here saying "HEY EVERYTHING IS FINE THERE IS NO PROBLEM" - but you really want to scream that everybody has to agree with you perfectly and not dare to add anything else.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are you an idiot? I said earlier that that guy's comments were very interesting and I learned a lot from it.

It's funny that we're all broadly in agreement - nobody is sitting here saying "HEY EVERYTHING IS FINE THERE IS NO PROBLEM" - but you really want to scream that everybody has to agree with you perfectly and not dare to add anything else.
Can't expect much from a guy who hasn't even played age of empires.

Tigranes

Arcane
I mean, speaking to you, I do suddenly believe that yes, a basic failure of education is worldwide.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom