Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information South Park: The Stick of Truth Needs 2 Million Sales to Break Even

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Am I the only one left who can read? It needs to sell 2 million copies because it won't cost $60.

No, you're the only one who can't read.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006IOAHPK/ref=nosim/6553221-rg1864-00-20

Low cost means they didn't spend as much on it as on their other crap. That doesn't stop them from asking the same price for it, though.

Btw, you can save 3 cents if you pre-order now.

J1M

Arcane
Am I the only one left who can read? It needs to sell 2 million copies because it won't cost $60.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B006IOAHPK/ref=nosim/6553221-rg1864-00-20

Low cost means they didn't spend as much on it as on their other crap. That doesn't stop them from asking the same price for it, though.

Yes, because no retailer has ever listed a game without knowing its exact release date and price. They have nothing to gain at all by holding your money until the product comes out.

Marsal

Arcane
OK, if this game launches at less than $60 I'll do something.

tumblr_lu5iw0EVOL1qgur8o.gif

EG

Nullified
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Yes, because no retailer has ever listed a game without knowing its exact release date and price. They have nothing to gain at all by holding your money until the product comes out.
You can pre-order it right now from the THQ store and get that awesome free DLC
http://shop.thq.com/store?SiteID=th...=T9UAsQoBAlgAACvtbX4AAAAd&rests=1339359409486
$50 for PC, $60 for consoles.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Super Paper Mario (similar styled game?) sold 2.5M on Wii alone."

Are you REALLY fukkin' comapring SP's popularity to SPM?

Also quoting total viewers for SP is silly since we should all know full well that if 2mil watches a show doesn't mean all 2mil are going to buy the fukkin' game. In fact, the majority iof the viewers likely won't.

2mil is a high order for sales. I wonder how much other SP games have sold.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Also quoting total viewers for SP is silly since we should all know full well that if 2mil watches a show doesn't mean all 2mil are going to buy the fukkin' game. In fact, the majority iof the viewers likely won't.

On the other hand, who says it's the same 2 million watching the show every time? :smug:

Marsal

Arcane

Retarded as always, I see. Learn to quote, you dumbfuck.

SP has far more than 2 million viewers (it's just American TV viewers). The majority won't buy the game, but there will be people who don't watch the show that buy the game, because they like the style (thus Paper Mario) or they like it for some other reason. It will top 2 million EASILY. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Esquilax

Arcane
Don't quite understand the hate for South Park, the show. At its best it can be hilarious, almost on par with classic Simpsons at their respective primes. That being said, I think that the game will probably be mediocre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom