Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield -- Possibly Bethesda's next game?

eh?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
So, three years ago, Zenimax registered a trademark for the title 'Starfield'. Since then, it's remained fairly quiet until recently, in April, they changed the trademark to not only apply to console and pc platforms, but also the mobile platforms.

Could be something, could be nothing.

Severian Silk

You need to add a poll:

1. Could be something
2. Could be nothing

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just checked, and they do indeed own the rights to the word Starfield. I guess this will be their Mass Effect type of game?

Makes sense, they have Post-apocalyptic and fantasy for settings. Sci-Fi would be the next step.

In before it will be shit. I'll probably play it though, out of sheer desperation to play anything remotely Sci-Fi.... :M

Last edited:

Severian Silk

I just checked, and they do indeed own the rights to the word Starfield. I guess this will be their Mass Effect type of game?

Makes sense, they have Post-apocalyptic and fantasy for settings. Sci-Fi would be the next step.

In before it will be shit.
I'm waiting for their country-western setting.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
A Sci-Fi game in the nu-nu-nu-Gamebryo engine would be pretty terrible. Laser weapons are the least satisfying in Fallout 4.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
A Sci-Fi game in the nu-nu-nu-Gamebryo engine would be pretty terrible. Laser weapons are the least satisfying in Fallout 4.
Precursors_cover.jpg

Unless they secretly bought out those poor Urkanians

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom