Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam API problem

gunman

Arcane
Developer
So I am in the middle of adding some Steam achievements to game, and ran into this nasty issue. I'm asking here, maybe someone dealt with the Steam API before.

When calling SteamAPI_RunCallbacks in the main game loop, I get segmentation fault in steam_api.dll, presumably in the IsSteamRunningInVR function. This is happening only if I request callback for user stats as described in their achievements step-by-step tutorial.

I understand that their Windows lib is for Visual C++ only and my game is build with GCC (Mingw), so I tried to make a dll in Visual C++ to act as a wrapper for some steam functions to be called as standard C functions in my project. I have made wrappers for several functions including for SteamAPI_RunCallbacks, but to no avail. Maybe I made the wrappers for the wrong functions, I don't know.

I have discovered though, that if I comment a large chunk of their code and do not request the callbacks and all, and I just push the achievement without any error handling, it will show up. At least the achievement appeared in my test build, so it's good for now, but it bothers me I have not found a solution to the segmentation fault problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom