Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Alpha Protocol "I finished the game!" Thread!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Ogg said:
You completely missed a character and you still find that C&C is unsatisfying?
I found the C&C... unsatisfying. True, there were many concrete consequences in who stays alive, who helps you, etc. But outside, impersonal repercussions seemed to be glossed over.
Idiot.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Inziladun said:
Imagine a stealth game.

Now imagine the game had shitty stealth and shooting mechanics.

Now imagine the game told you to FIGHT your way past...

40 guards

a boss with respawning guards.

40 guards

another boss with respawning guards

a helicopter with a couple of guards

20 guards

a boss with respawnable guards.

a shitty ending.

That's real RPG for you, mang.

KalosKagathos

Learned
SuicideBunny said:
g22 info you get when you refuse albatross' offer after not killing sis and says that one of the previous incarnations of alpha protocol was named g19, and with the albatross conversations it pretty much paints a picture of albatross being just another parker (though not being a pedo is a huge plus for parker) working in just another alpha protocol, only this one is as stupidly devoted to maintaining the status quo instead of ensuring american supremacy.
I think Parker also mentions G19 at the endgame. Not sure if you have to use a specific stance (I was aggressive), or if he drops the name regardless.

Whisperer

Novice
Skyway, you're being unfair. You forgot "protect made-of-glass ally who can't shoot but won't even stay in cover from 40 mercenaries while killing 0 civilians".

Radisshu

Prophet
Got frustrated at the Darcy fight, restarted the game entirely yesterday evening. Just finished it (instead of going out to get drunk, wtf is wrong with me).

The game ended with Mike leaving the island with Mina. Not much else.

The Leland boss fight was ridiculously easy. Actually, EVERYTHING was ridiculously easy this time around. I only specialized in pistols, hand-to-hand and sneaking, so I maxed all those skills out by the end (though I put a few points to assault rifles and sabotage). Finished all the boss fights in seconds. Conclusion: Multiple instant headshots is overpowered, but satisfying.

EDIT: The entire experience was pretty difficult this time around, though. I went to Taipei first, and got into contact with G22 quite early on. Never even encountered Sis the first time.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
SuicideBunny said:
anus_pounder said:
So I heard the crappy guards at the embassy can be replaced by marines if you did something earlier....
huh? you mean they normally aren't?

Yup. If you approach Grigori with a 'businesslike' attitude, the guards at the embassy are some regular blokes with suits and pistols. But if you go X-TREME on his arse and headslam him, he calls the authorities that you are in the area, and the normal guards are replaced by marines.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hm. went pro in first playthrough, suave in second, both times they looked like regular police 'cept their badges said us marines.

but i guess you mean marines in the sense that they gear up if he rats you out.

denizsi

Arcane
On my first game, there were actual marines in soldier uniforms. But the game fucked up quest flags: I didn't kill or hit a single marine. I even helped them, killing G22 spider guys to try to keep the marines alive. Then Leland said how I killed all the marines and not a single enemy body was recovered at the scene.

On my second game, they were in police uniforms like Suicide Bunny said.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
did you reload? reloading destroys the mission you are in, more or less.

Dragula

Augur
SuicideBunny said:
g22 info you get when you refuse albatross' offer after not killing sis and says that one of the previous incarnations of alpha protocol was named g19, and with the albatross conversations it pretty much paints a picture of albatross being just another parker (though not being a pedo is a huge plus for parker) working in just another alpha protocol, only this one is as stupidly devoted to maintaining the status quo instead of ensuring american supremacy..
Who is a pedo?

Radisshu

Prophet
Yeah, why do you think Albatross is a pedo?

EDIT:
In my second playthrough, when Leland says something about women and age differences my responses were

A) Sis.
B) Sis?
and
C) Stay silent.

I chose C), and it turned out Leland was talking about SIE all along. I guess Thorton is a pretty creepy guy.

- You mean Sis. I swear, I didn't do anything to that girl!
- No, I'm talking about SIE. Wait, what?

Achilles

Arcane
back to sportforredneck said:
I beat it today after getting it on Tuesday. I may be in the minority (didn't read the thread because I didn't want to know what happens in other ways depending on what you do) but I'd like there to be a sequel. I really enjoyed myself but was sad to see it end, because I wish it was longer.

I'm with you bro. Definately a flawed gem and certainly worth playing.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Radisshu said:
because of the locket exchange and especially sis' facial expressions during it.

Radisshu

Prophet
SuicideBunny said:
Radisshu said:
because of the locket exchange and especially sis' facial expressions during it.

I never actually asked what that locket meant. I guess it's been mentioned in the thread?

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
it's in one of the threads, but it is better experienced. you need to spare sis then ask about the locket and after that ask about sis during the meeting.

your mileage may vary, but imo it's worth rushing through saudi for it if you have no save backup before that mission.

circ

Arcane
Are you kidding me. You call that good writing? You ask about the locket and Mikey starts babbling about St George and dragons and shit and Alba gets pissed and you loose some prestige with him whatever.

Whisperer

Novice
yes, no need to "hype" that particular Albatross discussion, as someone who didn't experience it the first time will be severely disappointed because it doesn't offer anything resembling an actual explanation on Sis. As it is, it's very good writing, but it manages to raise even more questions. Imo, the sole reason why you shouldn't miss it is Sis's expression when you try to give back the locket. If you don't like her character or are expecting a philosophical discussion a la Myrkul/Kaelyn or Ravel/TNO, you can skip it. It is surely NOT worth a Saudi Arabia trek if you don't have a save like some poster above said, but that's just my opinion. Sis is just a "could have been" character anyway.

yaster

Liturgist
circ said:
Are you kidding me. You call that good writing? You ask about the locket and Mikey starts babbling about St George and dragons and shit and Alba gets pissed and you loose some prestige with him whatever.

It is not about what is spoken but what is not.

Deleted member 7219

If you read Sis' dossier it says she is late teens to early adulthood. She isn't a child. Albatross screwing her would still be sick, though; he's way older, and it would be a breach of trust.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom