Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Best cRPG Developer

Which "mainstream" cRPG Developer do you prefer/like/love/stalk?

• Bioware

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obsidian

• Bethesda

• Other

• There are no cRPG Developers! (kingcomrade)

• Total voters

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Let the drama flow and the love go like a tsunami.

tennishero

Novice
the fact is bethesda is the best rpg developer in the world

in terms of all time lists

bethesda is first

1. bethesda (2002-present)
2. squaresoft (1992- 2001)
3. origin (1985- 1992)
4. black isle (1997- 1999)
5. Nippon Ichi (2003- present0

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bethesda. They still make huge open world games with lots of crap in them. TES writing is pretty good too. Thouth there's also FO3... Obshitian usually has solid gameplay but derp writing caused primarily by trying too hard and failing. They also put invisible walls in NV, so fuck them for that. Bioware hasn't made anything above mediocre since BG2 and have now pretty much been reduced to being the unholy bastard child of the Democratic Party and EA. I guess I should mention some of the eurofags who still make rpgs, but i don't feel like it.

20 Eyes

Liturgist
Bethesda makes platforms for modders, not games. They're really bad at game design, but they understand their fans are more concerned with having a big open world where you can pretend to be a baker.

Bioware makes bad fapfic.

The answer is obvious:

:mca:

Mastermind said:
They also put invisible walls in NV, so fuck them for that.

Fallout 3 also had this in the form of insurmountable piles of debris that your character should be able to jump over, but for some reason can't.

I haven't finished NV yet, but it felt more open to me than Fallout 3 (which I didn't finish, either). Around DC was particularly bad.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
20 Eyes said:
Fallout 3 also had this in the form of insurmountable piles of debris that your character should be able to jump over, but for some reason can't.

Debris =/= invisible walls. I'm fine with them sealing off areas via the environment. I'm not fine with them placing random force fields in the middle of the fucking map.

Raapys

Arcane
All the triple-A 'cRPG' developers are shitty. None of them actually make games for RPG-players anymore.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Raapys said:
All the triple-A 'cRPG' developers are shitty. None of them actually make games for RPG-players anymore.

This.

My vote goes to Spiderweb Software. Hardly perfect, but good enough, and definitely better than Obsidian, Bethesda and Bioware combined.

Captain Shrek

In a choice with evil, I prefer the least of them. I can't but honestly say that NWN2 + MOTB has given me quite a few moments of satisfaction. Some in Char building and some in RP.

MCA
Mastermind said:
TES writing is pretty good too.

Shit loads of non-game writing that makes up "Lore" doesn't count. Not to mention whatever goodness TES lore had, was trashed in Oblivion, including books from previous games now censored for their kiddie base. So, yeah, pretty good writing there! R00fles!

ps.you are pathetic lol

Dele

Liturgist
Let's see

Oblvion - shit

Da 2 - shit

Fallout new vegas - shit

It's missing cd projekt, larian and piranha bytes tho? :decline:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Jaesun said:
WHERE THE FUCK IS TROIKA!

:x

Fucking newfags

I'm guessing the poll is only meant to include companies that didn't go bankrupt because they were miserable failures.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
BIO. No contest.

But, did I vote for them in this poll? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Maybe. Maybe not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom