Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AwesomeButton and Chad J. Thundercock have you guys already played or shall? I wanna join in :)
Come along.
I wouldn't mind joining for a maxed out Apex squad.

giphy.gif

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Vityaz

Augur
ArmA3 (and all the previous titles beginning with OFP/CWA) is seriously good.
I just wish they didn't remove the "upgrade to special edition/APEX" option from the store. I already own the base game, expansion and all DLCs, so do I really have to pay for it all again just because I want that digital map and soundtrack? :negative:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Intruder, spy vs guards multiplayer game. Likely inspired by Splinter Cell's spy vs merc mode:

ss_3279778a737b988fd990d084731edf4357bf65c7.600x338.jpg
ss_55753856870545457ab2693286470faebf2ecb8d.600x338.jpg

Intruder is the stealth multiplayer experience. We were inspired by the great single-player campaigns of Metal Gear Solid, SWAT 3, Deus Ex, and Splinter Cell, and aim to bring that gameplay into a team-based multiplayer shooter. Intruder allows for stealth, teamwork, tactics and environmental interactions never before seen in a multiplayer game. Lure enemies into motion-detectors near explosive traps. Watch enemy movement through live security cameras and alert your teammates using the hand radio. Use real SWAT hand signals to communicate silently when enemies are nearby. In Intruder, amazing stories and emergent gameplay come from the players’ actions to provide an experience you will never forget.

Key Features
  • Team-based stealth multiplayer: Guards vs. Intruders.
  • Immersive FPS: climb, crouch, crawl, and swim through the environment.
  • Use gadgets to trick, trap, distract and outsmart your opponents.
  • Eavesdrop on the opposing team with spatial 3d voice chat.
  • Use ragdoll physics to launch your foes out of windows or to play dead while the enemy walks right past you.
  • Truly interactive buildings with working security cameras, spotlights, sliding windows, ventilation shafts, and elevators.
  • Stealth-based missions with multiple objectives and escape routes.
  • Powerful Unity3d level editor plugin to create your own Intruder maps and game modes
  • Regular updates and new features based on community feedback!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Airborne Kingdom, an airborne city management sim:

Take a fantastical journey — fly the desert and build your domain. Airborne Kingdom uniquely blends city management and exploration, with a world and lore all its own. Build housing, gather food, satisfy needs, and grow your tribe. Maintain lift, discover resources, and explore the desert for lost technologies.

With a randomly-generated desert, every playthrough changes, along with your city and its values. Will you create a balloon flotilla connected by ropes and based on faith, or a winged metropolis focused on entertainment, or will steam-powered fans fly your kingdom as you search for answers in the stars?

The city, your journey, their lives — all of it is up to you to decide.
KEY FEATURES
  • Design and build your flying domain, from a single bobbing fan, to a sprawling Airborne Kingdom
  • Attract migrants from the desert tribes below, each with their own distinct wants and desires
  • Set up production chains of extravagant resources, encouraging more people to move to your kingdom
  • Meet and barter with other tribes, combining their knowledge to form new technologies
  • Change your play-style every game, with a sprawling, randomly-generated map to explore

Airborne Kingdom is being developed by industry veterans Chee Fong, Fred Gareau, and Ben Wander, with an original soundtrack by Paul Aubry and Simon Desrochers, and the help of a few incredible friends.

Haven, an adventure RPG about two lovers who escaped to a lost planet:

ss_508980b128a53b5ea05dfcc01c06092561e9d30f.600x338.jpg
ss_55e953597194a1f7fd69b5e8ef7a11d6f737203a.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Microids' Flashback remaster is coming to Steam. This was previously released on Switch and GOG:

2142. After fleeing from a space ship but stripped of all memory, the young scientist Conrad B. Hart awakens on Titan, a colonised moon of the planet Saturn. His enemies and kidnappers are snapping at his heels. He must find a way back to Earth, defending himself against the dangers he encounters and unravelling an insidious extra-terrestrial plot that threatens the planet…

On its 25th anniversary, rediscover this classic, consistently ranked among the best 100 games of all time! It was one of the first games to use motion capture technology for more realistic animations, with backgrounds that were entirely hand-drawn and a gripping science-fiction storyline.

In addition to the original 1993 game, this version includes a Modern mode, with :

- Post-FX graphic filters,
- Completely remastered sound and music,
- A brand new "Rewind" function, variable according to the level of difficulty
- Tutorials for those who need a boost!

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
This must be a joke.

From the title, the screenshots, the description, the page is even missing any developer information.

What if it's not a joke?

I dunno man, I think they've put something pretty special together.

7uwfhkx.jpg

Insipiration was breath of the wild meets pubg and is to demonstrate human greed and racism

The depth of their message is conveyed well through the art style

mwnn85

Savant
Been picking up a few cheap deals off key retailers - legit ones - not the grey market ones like g2a, kinguin, etc.

Total Warhammer for £8 from Fanatical.
Got Batman Arkham Collection £9, Okami HD £5, Max Payne 3 Complete £2.22 from Voidu with WINTERMADNESS coupon and Voidu coins.
Metal Gear Solid 5 DE for £4 from GamesPlanet.

I keep using gg.deals and this subreddit to see what's out there - do post there as well if I see anything.

I'm tempted by Age of Wonders 3 Complete for £6 but it's been offered for slightly less recently from Voidu.
Noticed that Deus Ex Mankind Divided is £3 on STEAM as well. Good/Bad? Not sure. The Deus Ex bundle works out best for me.
Both have Linux versions.
I quite liked Human Revolution: DC. First game is the best obviously. Invisible War is dogshit.

Shock Shock Enhanced and a few other games are still available too; I would've thought most people here got those from GOG?

Last edited:

Solid Snail

Learned
Devotion was pulled down from Steam because of that China affair.
Fuck, I hope they manage to put it online again, the game seems to be quite good, one of the best survival horror we got lately and it didn't last a week.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom