Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mostly I think a new button should fill a new niche. We really don't need another one that says "I don't like you."
Wrong. Literally no button sufficiently encapsulates the kys niche. I can think of many examples where I've wanted to tell someone to kill themselves, and none of the other ratings would have done it justice. So instead of me wasting my time to comment something as boring as that which adds nothing to the thread, let me rate it and move on.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Button suggestion: This is an English-speaking forum, yet we respect other languages well enough that there are certain threads reserved for a specific language. Fair enough.

But recently there's been more and more posts outside of those lingua threada that are in a non-English language, yet do not have an English translation provided. It's as if the poster expects every reader to be multi-lingual, or that Google Translate actually works. To mark these kind of posts many users (myself included) have resorted to the 'Bad Spelling'-rating, but I'm wondering whether we need a specific rating just to make sure people speak English in general on the RPG Codex.

The source imagery (and name) for such a rating is obvious:

images

mastroego

Arcane
Bad spelling is great to convey the annoyance without even granting the offending post the dignity of instancing an actually different language.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I used to link the .gif a few times. It's from Something Awful. Someone later cropped it to the right ratio and size and suggested it.

Before it was a button I sometimes posted the original .gif as my one image reply to threads or posts.

Credit goes to some user on SA who made it.

Edit: it makes me laugh because every time I see it I can hear, in Cartman's voice, "I AM ASPERO! Bzzz!"

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Anyone who isn't at least a boomer at heart needs to GTFO.
"Boomer at heart"? Wtf is this retarded shit, it's like saying "anyone who was born a couple years yearlier at heart", Because there only single difference between "boomer" and non-boomer - a date in birth certificate.
This whole "generation segregation" is retarded as fuck, since all generation have their smart and stupid people with their separate tastes in media. I for example there exist young people who like old games and old people who paint their head in pink (and later happens even in post-soviet countries lol). I don't think such prestigious establishment like codex should give a place for such button. Because anybody who has brain large than potato know that "hur dur this generation is bad" isn't something new and used during ages mostly by envious losers, who can't cope with their problems in silence.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
"Boomer at heart"? Wtf is this retarded shit, it's like saying "anyone who was born a couple years yearlier at heart", Because there only single difference between "boomer" and non-boomer - a date in birth certificate.
This whole "generation segregation" is retarded as fuck, since all generation have their smart and stupid people with their separate tastes in media. I for example there exist young people who like old games and old people who paint their head in pink (and later happens even in post-soviet countries lol). I don't think such prestigious establishment like codex should give a place for such button. Because anybody who has brain large than potato know that "hur dur this generation is bad" isn't something new and used during ages mostly by envious losers, who can't cope with their problems in silence.
Ahhh... Assblasted millennial detected :D

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ok boomer

Cael

Arcane
ok boomer
I believe I am classified Gen Y, hilariously enough.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Zoomers on suicide watch while cruise by.

But I guess 70% of people here are Slavs so you're probably more familiar with Leningrad.

Cael

Arcane
I believe I am classified Gen Y, hilariously enough.
Judging by you usage of "generation labels" without any knowledge about them, you classified as dumbfuck and counted in every "generation" as outcast, because nobody will want associate with you (except maybe others mental ill people).
Ah, yes. The endless ad hominems. Man, to be that assblasted because of something someone somewhere said on the Internet that it triggers stalking and endless flaming has got to be one of the saddest things I have ever witnessed.

Oh well, the best thing to do with people like that is to put them in a place where their screams of anger can no longer be heard. The helpless hatred that would generate is amusing, to say the least.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Ah, yes. The endless ad hominems. Man, to be that assblasted because of something someone somewhere said on the Internet that it triggers stalking and endless flaming has got to be one of the saddest things I have ever witnessed.

Oh well, the best thing to do with people like that is to put them in a place where their screams of anger can no longer be heard. The helpless hatred that would generate is amusing, to say the least.
You are repeating how I was "assblasted", meanwhile you was first who got butthurt when I argued with you about retarded "generation segregation" and entertained whole codex with your maddening saliva spewing left and right. And your fallacy accusation is ironic, considering that you had no proof for your inane "generation ideology" and can only scream how "dem evul young people is bad", while igniting room around you on fire from your ass. To be honest, you seriously need mental help and not Internet connection.

I think this newfag likes you Cael. He even signed up on the Codex just a few days after you.
I wish I had more empathy to random people on Internet, but unfortunately Cael is just insane person who joined codex not long before my arrival. And judging your shitty attempt on provocation you are really like Cael and his inane ideas, so you need medical help too or at least rethink your life.
And it's funny to read post where you calling me newfag, considering that there still exist people on codex who registered much earlier than you.

P.S. Sorry for late reply, I was busy and almost forgot about this "interesting" conversation.

Bohr

Arcane
You're ranting on a thread about rating buttons on an rpg forum, bro, best to step away from the keyboard for a bit.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You're ranting on a thread about rating buttons on an rpg forum, bro, best to step away from the keyboard for a bit.
Everything worth discussing is worth discussing seriously. How dare you make light of this matter! 98 pages about forum buttons proves this is serious!

crazyrobot.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom