Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What RPG are you most excited for?

What RPG are you most excited for?

• Druidstone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aeon of Sands: The Trail

• The Waylanders

• Queens Wish: The Conqueror

• Encased

• The Hero of Deathtrap Dungeon

• Dead Monarchy

• Code of the Savage

• Low Magic Age

• Starfield

• Vagrus: The Riven Realms

• Anority

• Griftlands

• Fell Seal: Arbiters Mark

• Phantom Brigade

• Legends of Amberland

• Eidolons

• The Iron Oath

• Consortium: The Tower

• Burden of Command

• Iron Danger

• Gloomhaven

• Startropy

• Death Trash

• Wellspring: Altar of Roots

• Nighthawks

• Fallen Gods

• Undungeon

• Alatoth

• World of Horror

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Realms Beyond if the devs can deliver even half of the things they promised might end very good.

• A complex turn-based combat system featuring hundreds of spells, feats and actions, based on the rules described in the (3.5e) Revised System Reference Document (SRD) covered by the Open Game License v1.0a (OGL) by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
  • Custom-built, isometric graphics engine that combines zoomable 2D and 3D technology to bring never-before-seen levels of detail to life in massive, hand-crafted levels
  • A bustling open world spanning entire continents, replete with believable NPCs, complex cultures, factions, societies and a fascinating centuries-long history
  • Over a thousand individual items to use and interact with
  • An epic background story, massive quests, uncounted missions, hordes of monsters and a world that is steeped in lore and mystery
  • Create your own adventures, campaigns or even entire worlds using the powerful RPG Engine of Realms Beyond

In Realms Beyond, you will find the tactical turn-based combat of the Gold Box Games, Temple of Elemental Evil and Dark Sun, the world exploration and camp management of Realms of Arkania, the interactivity and living world of Ultima, the choice-driven quests and reactivity of Fallout and Arcanum, and the rich NPC interaction of Baldur’s Gate and Planescape Torment, along with fresh new features that haven’t been seen before in the genre.

Languages: English, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Chinese , Italian

I don't see how this game is possible by early 2020.

Codex Year of the Donut
Realms Beyond if the devs can deliver even half of the things they promised might end very good.

• A complex turn-based combat system featuring hundreds of spells, feats and actions, based on the rules described in the (3.5e) Revised System Reference Document (SRD) covered by the Open Game License v1.0a (OGL) by Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
  • Custom-built, isometric graphics engine that combines zoomable 2D and 3D technology to bring never-before-seen levels of detail to life in massive, hand-crafted levels
  • A bustling open world spanning entire continents, replete with believable NPCs, complex cultures, factions, societies and a fascinating centuries-long history
  • Over a thousand individual items to use and interact with
  • An epic background story, massive quests, uncounted missions, hordes of monsters and a world that is steeped in lore and mystery
  • Create your own adventures, campaigns or even entire worlds using the powerful RPG Engine of Realms Beyond

In Realms Beyond, you will find the tactical turn-based combat of the Gold Box Games, Temple of Elemental Evil and Dark Sun, the world exploration and camp management of Realms of Arkania, the interactivity and living world of Ultima, the choice-driven quests and reactivity of Fallout and Arcanum, and the rich NPC interaction of Baldur’s Gate and Planescape Torment, along with fresh new features that haven’t been seen before in the genre.

Languages: English, German, Russian, French, Spanish, Chinese , Italian

I don't see how this game is possible by early 2020.
easy:
it will be an unfinished buggy mess brought to you by kickstarter

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Underrail Expansion and Colony Ship.

EDIT: Fuck! Forgot about Copper Dreams. Looks slick as fuck.

EDIT2: Also Disco Elysium, fml.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
The only correct choice is Stellar Tactics.
Procedural content might be an issue for some.

As long as the quests and locations are handcrafted it will be great.
Some of them are, but a game that says it has:
massive living universe with over 160,000 star systems.
must use procedural generation to fill in content.

I researched it. The universe is procedurally generated with handcrafted quests and locations, but there are also radiant missions and randomized dungeons.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
No Monomyth.
No System Shock remake.
Not even Grimoire V2.
But OP still put in Cyberpunk and Starfield (kek).
Conclusion: shit poll.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

Right now I'm most excited by Kingmaker's DLC. A new companion in a couple weeks, then in Feb. 2019 getting a complete chapter-length campaign in Varnhold (which should take me 20 hours as I play slowwwwly) and then in April an endless dungeon where they will probably dip even deeper into the bestiary and come up with all sorts of wild combat encounters. That's where my excitement is right now. :)

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Right now I'm most excited by Kingmaker's DLC. A new companion in a couple weeks, then in Feb. 2019 getting a complete chapter-length campaign in Varnhold (which should take me 20 hours as I play slowwwwly) and then in April an endless dungeon where they will probably dip even deeper into the bestiary and come up with all sorts of wild combat encounters. That's where my excitement is right now. :)

This is so great. So Early 2019 for the pre-alpha then? Soon enough. When is the release version coming out?

Molina

Savant
Disco elysium of course.
I could have chosen Starfield because I'm curious to see what Todd Howard could do in a new environment.
Or The Outer World, because I think Cairn is old enough to want to do his Opus Magnum and Boyarsky would be crazy enough to follow him and cheerfully pumping into Microsoft's finances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom