Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Recent RPGs Did You Buy?

RPGs Bought

• Age of Decadence

• Banner Saga

• Black Guards

• Dark Souls 2

• Dragon Age: Inquisition

• Dead State

• Diablo 3

• Divinity: Original Sin

• Legends of Eisenwald

• Lords of Xulima

• Might and Magic X

• Neo Scavenger

• Pillars of Eternity

• Serpent in the Staglands

• Shadowrun (Returns, Dragonfall or both)

• Underrail

• Wasteland 2

Results are only viewable after voting.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So there is some discussion about whether or not the Codex is putting it's money where it's mouth is.

Apparently the nearly 40 thousand dollars raised vs the 48 people who bought DAI isn't enough.

So including codex pledges*, kickstarters* and retail purchases, which RPGs have you bought?

I'm only including games that you can play right now. So some kickstarters will not be on the list.

*only include if you contributed enough to get a copy of the game.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bought Lords of Xulima, NEO Scavenger, The Age of Decadence and Underrail. The rest I had backed on Kickstarter.

made

Arcane
i pirated all of them
Its-not-just-Friday...-Its-HIGH-FIVE-Friday-That-means-you-get-a-high-five-with-every-pint-between-2.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
SR:R, SR: Dragonfall, Wasteland 2, D:OS, M&M X, DS2, Neo Scavanger (from a really old humble bundle), Legend of Grimrock 2, Paper Sorcerer and some others I am to lazy to look up for. I must say that this was a surprisingly good year for RPGs, when considering the price tags and such (especially if you are a salesmonger). Though piracy is obviously rampant I do hope that most codexers support the medium they LOVE (your experience may vary).

pippin

from that list i bough blackguards, original sin, shadowrun returns + dragonfall (which granted me a free copy of DC), neo scavenger and wl2.
overall it's very cool to, at least, having a number of decent games to choose from.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Games I actually bought myself and didn't get through friends / competitions:

-Banner Saga
-Blackguards
-Diablo III
-Might & Magic X
-Neo Scavenger (I think I bought it in Early Access... maybe I got it through another source tho, no idea ^^)
-Underrail

And some other games that aren't on the list like Paper Sorcerer and Elminage Gothic

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, Eisenwald(Got as a beg thread gift, then bought a copy and passed it on, so that counts), AoD, Banner Saga(on Android :troll:), DivOS, NEOScav, Shadowrun and underrail.

Holding back spending on games for a while.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Forgot to vote for Wasteland 2 :oops:

RPGs from the list bought last year:
- Black Guards
- Dead State
- D:OS
- Legends of Eisenwald
- Lords of Xulima
- MMX Legacy
- NEO Scavenger (was part of a bundle I think, perhaps the same for you Scrooge?)
- Wasteland 2

The single game I pirated was Shadowrun, because it kinda looked like a phone game and I also never really got too much into the whole cyberpunk stuffies. I did end up playing through the whole game but never actually bought it legit.

I plan on buying both Pillars and Serpent in the Staglands as soon as they get released.

I did enjoy all the games that I purchased, the only purchase I regret in hindsight is Legends of Eisenwald. The game itself seems nice and all, but it feels more and more like a Development Hell thing. Updates are coming reaaaaallly slowly and I fear I won't be playing the whole game before 2016. Should have waited before throwing my money at the screen with that one.

Games I haven't played until finish:
- Legends of Eisenwald because it's not fully completed yet
- NEO Scavenger is still on my "backlog" and haven't really touched it
- Wasteland 2 abandoned after reaching the second part almost 30 hours in, still don't regret the purchase and in turn helping the incline. The game just turned out to be too combat heavy with too limited actual combat options for my taste.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Out of curiosity, for the people who bought WL2 and not PoE, did you contribute to the WL2 ks or did you buy it retail? If you contributed to the WL2 ks and not PoE, why?

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
- Age of Decadence
- Banner Saga
- Blackguards
- Divinity Original Sin
- Lords of Xulima
- Might and Magic X
- NEO Scavenger
- Serpent in the Staglands
- Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall
- Underrail
- Wasteland 2
All on Steam tho(except Serpents), I'm too lazy to pirate these days.
Only missing 6 games or so, Legends of Eisenwald is on my to-buy list, rest of games I wont buy cause of lack of interest and/or "other" reasons.
Next buy is Blackguards 2 in exactly 2 weeks from now. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Roxor seemed to hate every RPG he tried since Divinity so I got my hopes up a bit after that preview.

Last edited:

tuluse

Arcane
And some other games that aren't on the list like Paper Sorcerer and Elminage Gothic
I forgot about Paper Sorcerer :embarrassed:

Elminage Gothic is an older game that was ported though right? I'm more interested in what's happening with new games.

lords of xulima [yet to play]
underrail [best money ever spent]

wasteland 2 [beg thread so technically someone paid for it - yet to play; will start today]
blackguards [beg thread so technically someone paid for it - yet to play]

been a good year tbh

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Bannu Saga (finished)
Blackdongs (tried in EA, haven't touched since)
Divinity Original Sin (played, haven't finished)
Pillars of Eternity (no beta access)
both Shadowruns (played Dead Man's Switch, haven't played Dragonfall yet)
Wasteland 2 (tried in EA, haven't touched since)
Underrail (tried EA, waiting for full release) - didn't vote as I forgot that I bought it :negative:

still on the fence regarding AoD, wouldn't touch DA:I or Derpblo with a ten feet pole, not really interested in dead state. I was going to buy LoE some time ago but now I'm glad I didn't as it seems to be a development hell. Waiting for a bargain bin sale for WoX and MMX. Will surely buy Serpents as soon as it's out.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Age of Decadence
Wasteland 2
Might and Magic X
Divinity: Original Sin
Diablo 3: ROS

Didn't even pirate anything on the list, because I simply couldn't care less about the other games there. I guess I'll buy Underrail and Pillars of Eternity when they come out, though.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I forgot about Paper Sorcerer :embarrassed:

Elminage Gothic is an older game that was ported though right? I'm more interested in what's happening with new games.

Well the original Elminage Gothic was released on PSP in Japan in 2012 - the same year Diablo 3 was released ;)

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
Age of Decadence, Banner Saga, Black Guards, Divinity: Original Sin, Lords of Xulima, Pillars of Eternity, Serpent in the Staglands, Shadowrun (Returns, Dragonfall or both), Underrail, Wasteland 2

You forgot Torment and Grimoire, which I also bought.

Of the list, I still want to buy Neo Scavenger.

MrMarbles

Cipher
Banner Saga, Blaggardz, Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall, Wasteland 2, Underrail and Dark Souls.

Neo Scavenger wasn't even on the radar, after reading some of the stories in the thread last night I'm planning on getting it. Been skulking around the Steam thread for news about Divinity OS, but no dice so far.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Dead State, Wasteland: 2, and Pillars of Eternity.

I want the Banner Saga at some point, but I just spent money on getting my PS3 fixed which I haven't played in forever.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Blackguards, didnt like it.

Backed WL2, DOS, excellent.

MMX, excellent,

Shadowrun, both, Dragonfall DC my goty.

Underrail a few days ago, seems excellent, dirt cheap too. Ive put it on hold till 1.0 though.

Oh, yeah and DAI too.

Tigranes

Arcane
Grabbed ten from the list. Will get Xulima, Underrail and Eisenweld in due time.

DAI, really?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom