Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who is the best RPG gamer?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
theverybigslayer

octavius

Arcane
Patron
CRPG Addict
I can't believe nobody named him in this thread. His serious accountant way of going through ALL of these games is just beyond compare. At least in the effort of documentation.

If a player is to be judged by the amount of CRPGs completed, CRPG Addict is a contender. I guess he's still some years off being the champion, though.

Swigen

Arbiter
You know what I beat and got a good ending?
Your Mother.

KGvg9fw.gif

laclongquan

Arcane
That is not the criticism you think it is. The term "minmax munchkin powergamer" come to my mind. I hate that kind of playing as it stiffle the mood and could potentially drive me away from a game. I dont feel like 100% optimization is a good way to play a game.
You exalt her ability and status as a "tactical" player when she wrote plenty of articles specifically about minmaxing, munchkinnery, and powergaming (and has, in fact, done things like call the author of SCS himself a Baldur's Gate noob) and all I had said was that some of those writings could be better, especially if you promote (as Lilura often, famously, had) your mastery of the system (which I still believe is considerable). I never claimed to play every game with the explicit purpose of breaking it and I don't believe it's necessarily the #1 sign of a great player.
Lilura's website is the bestest modded bg2 source. You know gamefags's stuffs? They are mostly vanilla, not modded like SCS. For a tactic player (instead of a storyfaggot), Lilura's is the place.

Also taking bet on when she's reappearing officially here again. (lurk doesnt count).

I will let my own words vindicate me and refute your accusation~

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom