Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Zed, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Don Peste Arcane

Don Peste
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    In reality, only 2% of players beated Khablandoth back in the day.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Pika-Cthulhu Arcane

Pika-Cthulhu
    Parrots:
    Pretty sure the nuscaling is blizzard turning the screws to up their sales on character boosts. They like those there shekels

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Parrots:
    They are probably fake fans who never played vanilla but like pictures that oldfags have painted for them in their stories. Leveling was slow back then but the leveling phase was also considered to be content and was actually fun to go through, even repeatedly. Now the leveling phase hardly counts as content and only exists to stretch your gameplay time and keep you subbed, or even better (for Blizzard), pay for the level boost. I still don't know why levels 100-110 exist when the only character progression that happens in the Legions expac is at level 100 when you get your Artifact weapon and at 110 when you actually start leveling it up. The 100-110 leveling phase is a complete waste of time and doesn't add anything to the experience.

That's my thought as well, and seems to be the popular conspiracy theory (I came to this conclusion on my own before reading other peoples' opinions).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Bake Novice

Bake
    Parrots:
    Most pathetic thing with the scaling change is that it’s clear as day that they didn’t thoroughly playtest it before forcing it through.
    Many quests obviously weren't designed with these changes in mind, so now they’ve become absolute chores to do.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Aildrik Learned

Aildrik
    Parrots:
    I think I am finally done with WoW :( I took a break at the end of Cata until partway through MoP but for me personally, the loose ends hanging out from WC3 have mostly been wrapped up and I am not really feeling the direction Blizzard is going with new lore. Maybe it is also just that I have been playing since Vanilla and the game has just played itself out. I will likely come back and check out the Vanilla servers when they finally launch, just to see if/how Blizzard pulls it all off. I enjoyed playing on some of the private vanilla servers but never felt I could invest the time with the sword of cease and desist hanging overhead. I think it could be a lot of fun on officially sanctioned servers with a healthy population.

^ Top  
  6. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The loose ends were wrapped up in fucking WotLK.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Aildrik Learned

Aildrik
    Parrots:
    A lot were, yeah, but I personally wanted to see how the Titan / Sargeras storyline played out... if they were going to keep him as a nebulous bad guy and the Titans as mysterious 'out there...somewhere' power. With that wrapped up, there really isn't much left aside from crap that was introduced in, say, BC like the Void and Old Gods.

^ Top  
  8. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    Parrots:
    They can (and will) recycle old concepts/ideas/expansions. Just wait for it, we'll be going back to Northrend eventually to kill Bolvar as the Lich King. Or there's always more time travel to be done.

^ Top  
  9. Dawkinsfan69 Arbiter

Dawkinsfan69
    Parrots:
    People report:
    4 days /played (96 hours) just to level from 1 to 110
    3 days /played (72 hours) to get geared for current content after you hit 110

and the overwhelming majority of people admit the game sucks until you hit current content?
    so you're looking at a 168 hour long tutorial before you can even play the 'real game'.

Who the fuck designs games like that?

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Parrots:
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    They should just go with the original idea for Warcraft 2 and make a portal that leads to the modern world.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Pika-Cthulhu Arcane

Pika-Cthulhu
    Parrots:
    They have at least 2 spaceships now, the Vindicaar and the Priest one out in bumfuck nowhere. Surely they can go poke zerg, terrans and protoss, or find a nice world for each race to setup colonies for when the egg finally hatches out the titan, then you can have themepark planets. Kobolt planet where you can partake in the microholiday 'light the candle', Hoggerworld, where you can pay respect to Hogger, king of the gnolls, Waterworld where the naga are in an eternal battle with kevin costner.

• incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    Parrots:
    You could spend a week in a zone if you leveled casually and it never got boring on a PvP sever apart from the occasional retarded griever.

^ Top  
  13. Dawkinsfan69 Arbiter

Dawkinsfan69
    Parrots:
    Trailer:

Gameplay:

Hmm I wonder why they never show the actual game in the trailers?

• Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Psquit Arcane

Psquit
    Parrots:
    Cause it's a 16 year old game, that is boring as fuck.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Bigg Boss Prophet

Bigg Boss
    Parrots:
    I wish they would make another Warcraft RTS game. It is time. Or remake the old ones. I don't care.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Psquit Arcane

Psquit
    Parrots:
    Oh god, pls no. Let it die in peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Dawkinsfan69 Arbiter

Dawkinsfan69
    Parrots:
    Blizz has been pulling this shit with WoW since the beginning

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Dawkinsfan69 Arbiter

Dawkinsfan69
    Parrots:
    I wish blizz would shut down and never make games again

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Psquit Arcane

Psquit
    Parrots:
    But muh Overwatch skins!

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Bigg Boss Prophet

Bigg Boss
    Parrots:
    Better yet. Sell the rights to Diablo and Warcraft to someone better.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Lurker47 Learned

Lurker47
    Parrots:
    I wish Blizzard never existed.

• Brofist x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Bigg Boss Prophet

Bigg Boss
    Parrots:
    You must be young. In the 90's they were amazing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • cuck cuck x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. TedNugent Arcane

TedNugent
    Parrots:
    But the amazeballs Blizzard used to be makes me ache inside when I see shit like Overwatch.

I just want to say that I saw the decline when World of Warcraft came out.

I played the ungodly living fuck out of Warcraft III. By all rights I should have been nutting myself over WoW. But the fact that people actually look at vanilla and see that as the paragon of WoW is completely mindblowing.

Farming trade skills and trinkets and collecting pig skins for a few copper - grinding reputation. Exactly how this horseshit ever qualified as a real game is completely beyond me. All of you that point out WoW vanilla as a good game are batshits.

I played that game back in the day, and it was fucking awful. With the exception of high tier raiding and PVP, wow has always been cancer.

I will grant people that were actually privileged enough to witness the original endgame, but as someone who quit back during the original Barrens quest area, I can't say that part of the game was worth the slog to get to it. I've heard about the repgrinds and attunement quests and I'm sorry but that shit sounds miserable beyond belief.

• Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Bigg Boss Prophet

Bigg Boss
    Parrots:
    I saw people RP WoW in 2005. That blew my mind. It had it's good points.

^ Top  
  25. Lurker47 Learned

Lurker47
    Parrots:
    The insurmountable amount of annoyance I get from Overwatch makes them feel irredeemable to me. I know they probably aren't.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)