Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Whorecraft: Battle for Asseroth

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I get slightly better performance in Windows bootcamp than with the native mac client. The mac client also had a tendency to have short 2-3 second freezes during raids where there was a lot of particle effects.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Beta of Azeroth strikes again. Hit level 110 with my Pala but didn't get the heritage armor that should've come with the achievement, which I did get. Fucking hell this game is such a mess in every regard right now. Glad I'm not paying for my sub.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
b6MVdyO.png

Problem solved, cool set obtained. Time to park my Paladin in the inn to collect rested XP and start focusing on my Priest. I'm in no hurry to get to 120 since there really isn't anything exciting waiting for me there as far as gameplay goes. I've already done most of the fun end game content and it's not like you unlock any more abilities there.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Storyline is fuckin sweeeeet, sylvanas is badass and I love it, want her to genocide more shit etc... I'm afraid blizz will cuck out and ruin it though by having some orc carebear crybaby kill her though.

Aesthetic is waaaaay better than legion, zones are less cluttered, lots of varied interesting zones to explore

dungeons are sick, challenging, 'trash' actually does stuff, bads crying that it's too hard like in early cata

also this:

really cool explory idea

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Storyline is fuckin sweeeeet, sylvanas is badass and I love it, want her to genocide more shit etc... I'm afraid blizz will cuck out and ruin it though by having some orc carebear crybaby kill her though.

Aesthetic is waaaaay better than legion, zones are less cluttered, lots of varied interesting zones to explore

dungeons are sick, challenging, 'trash' actually does stuff, bads crying that it's too hard like in early cata

also this:

really cool explory idea

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1mLE58N7sn6

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Relative to prior expansions, I see myself staying subbed for longer. Warmode has been a blast, especially the Stormsong and Zuldazar raids. With group finder, you can constantly hop around phases to find enemy raid groups. My guild went to the top of a mountain in Zuldazar and used goblin gliders to fly straight into the horde capital with 70-80 people. Eventually, a horde multiboxer with 20 Death Knights came to face us outside the capital. He popped army of the dead on all 20 of his deathknights and slowed the server to a crawl. Unfortunately, his armies of the dead got caught on the steps and he just rushed into our raid.

They just need to figure out what the hell they are doing with Azerite traits.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Relative to prior expansions, I see myself staying subbed for longer. Warmode has been a blast, especially the Stormsong and Zuldazar raids. With group finder, you can constantly hop around phases to find enemy raid groups. My guild went to the top of a mountain in Zuldazar and used goblin gliders to fly straight into the horde capital with 70-80 people. Eventually, a horde multiboxer with 20 Death Knights came to face us outside the capital. He popped army of the dead on all 20 of his deathknights and slowed the server to a crawl. Unfortunately, his armies of the dead got caught on the steps and he just rushed into our raid.

Why dont you just play eve online or something if you enjoy that kind of gameplay? I also enjoy WOW currently because of mythic+ dungeons and casual raiding, but the actual in-world gameplay in world of warcraft is bland as fuck and the game would be better off if it wasnt an mmo.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron

Why dont you just play eve online or something if you enjoy that kind of gameplay? I also enjoy WOW currently because of mythic+ dungeons and casual raiding, but the actual in-world gameplay in world of warcraft is bland as fuck and the game would be better off if it wasnt an mmo.

I disagree. Fighting in 40 vs. 40 or 80 vs 80 battles can be a lot of fun. It reminds me Tarren Mill, Stranglethorn, or Blackrock Mountain. Furthermore, you can gear through world pvp quite easily now. Through world pvp groups/raids, you can easily finish world quests (some require you to drop raid), farm airdrop boxes, and obtain weekly or daily rewards. Another example is groups devoted to bounties. A player flagged with a bounty will drop loot, which can contain gear, gold, gems, etc (limited to one per day I believe).

On top of it all, you can use the phasing system to constantly find more enemy raids/bounties and airdrops. Stormsong Valley is especially entertaining for small pvp groups or raids.

For these reasons, I think Warmode is on the best new features alongside Mythic+. My only concern is that flying will kill it, but thankfully blizzard made the net-o-matic easy to obtain.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
I did my first few mythics+ as a tank. I spent all this time practicing and trying to come prepared and ....DPS was either weak or did not know all the fights. Unlike heroics, I did not out-dps the whole group, but I was not that far behind. I am starting to think some people just jumped in as if it were a heroic.

Still, had a blast and mythic+ is probably one the better features introduced. I am looking forward to pushing higher key levels on my prot paladin.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

EVE sucks ass. Spend half a year training your character to fly some junk ship just to float around in low sec for 3 hours before finding anybody, then jumping into a gate camp and getting insta-gib'd

Or join a corp and they tell you to spend all day mining ore lmao

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I did my first few mythics+ as a tank. I spent all this time practicing and trying to come prepared and ....DPS was either weak or did not know all the fights. Unlike heroics, I did not out-dps the whole group, but I was not that far behind. I am starting to think some people just jumped in as if it were a heroic.

Still, had a blast and mythic+ is probably one the better features introduced. I am looking forward to pushing higher key levels on my prot paladin.

Once you get to higher mythic+ people seem to know what they're doing.. +2->+4 is like noob city, trash really needs to be CC'd in these if you're not totally outgearing everything but players in that range think they can just spam frostbolt and be good. It's because the solo content is so braindead and doesn't prepare them at all for anything.

+6 and higher has people who know what they're doing tho.

Doktor Best

Arcane

EVE sucks ass. Spend half a year training your character to fly some junk ship just to float around in low sec for 3 hours before finding anybody, then jumping into a gate camp and getting insta-gib'd

So let me guess:

You are one of those guys who went into the game with a popamole attitude, got stomped and now youre butthurt so youre sharing misconceptions about the game based on your very limited insights.

Sucks man. But youre right. Its not for everybody.

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

So let me guess:

You are one of those guys who went into the game with a popamole attitude, got stomped and now youre butthurt so youre sharing misconceptions about the game based on your very limited insights.

No, when I played I just sat in trade hubs and scammed isk, got like 15 bill and pirated around solo/small group in tricked out rifters/cruisers.

But what I said is true. You roam around low sec for hours before finding anybody, or you jump into a gate camp and get 1-shot

Doktor Best

Arcane

So let me guess:

No, when I played I just sat in trade hubs and scammed isk, got like 15 bill and pirated around solo/small group in tricked out rifters/cruisers.

But what I said is true. You roam around low sec for hours before finding anybody, or you jump into a gate camp and get 1-shot

Eve is a game that stands and falls with the social community you build around you.

Have you been in a decent pirate corp or were you roaming alone/with randoms? Also, there are plenty of nullsec corps that dont force you into anything. Low-sec hast the lowest population in the game generally, so yeah it could take a while until you find someone there. You can always check dotlan though or go to warfronts.

Many players fall into the trap of playing the game solely to generate isk, which makes the game boring of course. Its not a game about becoming the strongest and the best, its impossible to achieve that while remaining a real life. Just do shit you enjoy and put some effort into finding things to enjoy and its a damn interesting and fun game actually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom