Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WoW: WotLK

merry andrew

Erudite
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

Soon you can go to 80 and stuff?!!!11

I started playing WoW again recently. Previously I lasted a month. Now I have a new approach where I make enough money that the monthy fee is negligible and I only play a few hours a week.

So... to anyone who knows more about this game than me: is this new expansion exciting or what?

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
I like how the website basically says: More of the same! Yay!

Siege weapons might be interesting, but definitely not worth the money.

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
I find it funny that you're killing these legendary heroes in every expansion.

It'll come to a point where they'll run out of names to throw around and just say, "This uhh, is an ancient Draenei enemy... they're uhh... from space. That's why you've never heard of them. *whispers* Will they really buy this shit? *giggle*)"

It lost it's flair a LONG time ago, but when they start making excuses as to why they're altering the storyline, it should get old for some people very quickly. I hope.

WoW, played it for free in the beta and recognized early, this game isn`t worth the money.

They also said there is some SEKRET project announcement, i wonder if it`s Diablo 3.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
SimpleComplexity said:
They also said there is some SEKRET project announcement, i wonder if it`s Diablo 3.
What else? Starcraft 2 has already been announced and I really doubt that Blizzard will develop The Lost Vikings 3. My money on Diablo 3.

Globbi

Augur
I really doubt that Blizzard will develop The Lost Vikings 3
But I want ;/
Deamn you reminded me of this game, I've got to play for some hours now.

Suicidal

Arcane
I really hope this expansion is the last one. They already raped the warcraft storyline/lore beyond recognition in WoW and it's expansion(s). I hate when they take a major character from warcraft and make it into a raid boss that exists for the sole purpose of providing it's murderers with ph4t l3wt.

I wonder what the begging of the next warcraft game (if one should ever come out) say: "[Insert number here] years have passed since the almighty Lich King was defeated by a bunch of adventurers looking for magic items..."

Ander Vinz

Scholar
SimpleComplexity said:
I hope Leonard Boyarsky will be in team working on Diablo 3.

Hory

Erudite
Ander Vinz said:
SimpleComplexity said:
Why waste his talent on hack'n'slashes?

Nedrah

Erudite
Lestat said:
SimpleComplexity said:
What else? Starcraft 2 has already been announced and I really doubt that Blizzard will develop The Lost Vikings 3. My money on Diablo 3.

Don't WoW and Diablo target audiences overlap quite heavily, though?
I mean, Diablo 3 would be a good reason for a lot of wow addicts to finally get rid of their monthly money drain - why would they do this? Warcraft 4 - would be awesome, but will hardly be done when SC2 is ready to take the RTS market. Might be some kind of Starcraft or WoW spinoff, some action game or something.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
I'm sure fans are looking forward to more "Collect/kill X amount of Y" quests and replacing their equipment in a matter of hours. I'm also confident Blizzard will spend their time working on the raids, where less than < 2% of the community will get to fight important characters like Illidan and the Lich King for epic and legendary items. Good fun.

psycojester

Arbiter
Jedi_Learner said:
I'm sure fans are looking forward to more "Collect/kill X amount of Y" quests and replacing their equipment in a matter of hours. I'm also confident Blizzard will spend their time working on the raids, where less than < 2% of the community will get to fight important characters like Illidan and the Lich King for epic and legendary items. Good fun.

But isn't Illidan the angsty half elf/half deamon/ half ninja dead?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Don't WoW and Diablo target audiences overlap quite heavily, though?
When i revistited Diablo 2 bnet in 2006, on hardcore/ladder, I met a lot of people who were formerly WOW subscribers (after quitting D2 the first time) but they wished to return to D2 instead.
HOwever, one should keep in mind that D2 and WoW don't exactly share the same genre. D2 is still... a different breed. and to me, it's a much more exciting one.

If blizzard crew returns to administer Diablo 2 battle.net, I'm going to return to diablo again. (right now the dupers and haxxors are a bit too much of a pain, though it's still very fun to play, and helluva addictive).

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Hory said:
Ander Vinz said:
SimpleComplexity said:
Why waste his talent on hack'n'slashes?
Maybe with his talent hack'n'slashes can interest me.

Woetohice said:
So this is the mysterious game Blizzard was going to announce?
no.

Data4

Arcane
psycojester said:
Jedi_Learner said:

Nah, not really. He respawns every time the instance is reset. Poor guy's locked in some sort of hellish Groundhog Day nightmare.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
They already raped the warcraft storyline/lore beyond recognition in WoW and it's expansion(s).
Warcraft lore was pretty shallow in the first place.

Yeah really cheapens the Warcraft universe.
I forgot how fun that game looks lol. 15 minutes of doing the same thing over and over.

psycojester

Arbiter
Data4 said:
psycojester said:
Jedi_Learner said:

Nah, not really. He respawns every time the instance is reset. Poor guy's locked in some sort of hellish Groundhog Day nightmare.

I meant that king Emo the frozen killed him in a really crappy in-game cutscene in frozen throne. Is he actually coming back for WoW? Did they bother with a plausible explanation or more along the lines of "he wasn't really dead: he was just bleeding to death in the arctic stronghold of the name who kicked his arse, of course he could escape that" or possible just "they mined 500 gold and rezzed him at their hero wading-pool"

Suicidal

Arcane
psycojester said:
Data4 said:
psycojester said:
Jedi_Learner said:

I meant that king Emo the frozen killed him in a really crappy in-game cutscene in frozen throne. Is he actually coming back for WoW? Did they bother with a plausible explanation or more along the lines of "he wasn't really dead: he was just bleeding to death in the arctic stronghold of the name who kicked his arse, of course he could escape that" or possible just "they mined 500 gold and rezzed him at their hero wading-pool"

Actually he didn't die, IIRC, he was just badly wounded, and then his servants dragged him away and healed his wounds etc... Kind of like what you said. I think it was mentioned in the end of FT or something.

Data4

Arcane
Yeah, something to that effect. He's basically declared himself ruler of Outland and is at odds with the Burning Legion. I don't know all the details since quitting the game again.

made

Arcane
Illidan is DEAD.

...at least at the hands of pro guilds. I just hope mine manages to kill him before the next expansion; game is kinda pointless if you're months behind on raid content. Raiding is fun, but if you're casual the game has little to offer.

stm177

Novice
I kinda wish that Blizzard would add another 1-58 continent on Azeroth rather than a 71-80 one.

That and maybe a third faction of goblins, ogres, murlocs, and pixies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom