Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Editorial You will believe a God Baby Can Fly

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Aug 4, 2010.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age 2

<p>The Greywardens analyzed <span class="postbody">the choice over Morrigan's ritual and why the <a href="http://greywardens.com/2010/08/the-god-baby-dilemma/" target="_blank">god baby decision</a> can't be the focus of a future major storyline.</span></p>
    <blockquote>
    <p style="text-align: left;">Am I saying the god baby scenario is never going to pop up for players who <em>did </em>do it? No, of course not. But I am saying that it&rsquo;s not going to be a <em>major</em> portion of a future game. Maybe you run into the god baby somewhere down the line and have a conservation, aid it in a quest, gain it as a temporary companion or fight it and kill it. The god baby, however, is logically not going to be the focal point of a game&rsquo;s plot.</p>
    <p style="text-align: left;">Morrigan could be. She&rsquo;s a consistent through every person&rsquo;s Origins playthrough. No matter what you do, Morrigan runs off in the epilogue. The chances that a future storyline could be crafted around her I&rsquo;d say are very good. And maybe if you chose undergo the ritual the god baby would be with her in some smaller capacity. Even still, the focus of those encounters would have to be driven by Morrigan so that it would apply to all players &ndash; those who rejected her ritual, those who accepted it, and those who did neither because they didn&rsquo;t play Origins.</p>
    <p style="text-align: left;">I&rsquo;m not saying that I wouldn&rsquo;t like to see the god baby story somewhere in the future. It&rsquo;s an interesting arc to explore. But &nbsp;BioWare <em>can&rsquo;t </em>choose to center a future story around it. From what David Gaider said above, it doesn&rsquo;t sound like its in the works to be the main focal point of a future game&nbsp;either.&nbsp;In general, having the option to choose is nice, but the workload and limitations of video game media can&rsquo;t really support such an endeavor yet and it wouldn&rsquo;t be fair to <em>all </em>players. So if you&rsquo;re really hanging on to see the god baby or another major choice play out in a future installment &ndash; well, I wouldn&rsquo;t advise holding your breath.</p>
    </blockquote>

^ Top  
  2. Phelot Arcane

Phelot
    I can't believe people analyze this retarded story like it's some sort of work of art.

^ Top  
  3. Gay-Lussac Arcane

Gay-Lussac
    Why is this a newspost?

^ Top  
  4. Melcar Arcane

Melcar
    I refuse to contribute to such shitty news posts about such shitty subjects.

^ Top  
  5. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Unwanted
    Andhaira
    Wasteland 2
    And people will continue to praise Bioware as masters of stunning choices that carry from game to game.

I'm not saying anyone's done it better, but when they make it a major hype/selling point, they deserve mockery for it not actually fucking mattering.

^ Top  
  6. SerratedBiz Arcane

SerratedBiz

^ Top  
  7. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "And people will continue to praise Bioware as masters of stunning choices that carry from game to game.

I'm not saying anyone's done it better, but when they make it a major hype/selling point, they deserve mockery for it not actually fucking mattering."

Hey, moran, you do ralize that this whole conjecture is just plain by some bullshit net peonic geekzoid and not actual BIO, right? RIGHT? To judgen BIO on such bullshitz is retartedness.

On top of that while BIO is not perfect when it comes to C&C, they do a much better job with C&C than 99% of game developers EVER.

:x

^ Top  
  8. Gay-Lussac Arcane

Gay-Lussac
    EVAAARRRRRR

^ Top  
  9. Serious_Business Best Poster on the Codex

Serious_Business
    Bullshit.

^ Top  
  10. Begriffenfeldt Educated

Begriffenfeldt
    I'm thinking VOD was happy with the title.

And also this Grey Wardens stuff is kinda becoming a running gag of its own, symbolic of the decline of both RPGs and RPG Codex in that we have to rely on some obscure biowhore fansite for news.

also lol:
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  11. Freelance Henchman Arcane

Freelance Henchman
    Project: Eternity
    WHAT IF they had given the Dragon Age sequel to Obsidian? Those guys *might* have done something worthwhile with the genuinely interesting parts of the Dragon Age lore, like the Black City and the thing with Morrigan. But noooo...

^ Top  
  12. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    The god baby has the whole "Avellone fantasy PC" thing written all over it.

^ Top  
  13. Trash Pointing and laughing.

Trash
    Remember Baldur's Gate? Don't see that much of a difference in having a Bhaalspawn or a God baby as the protagonist. In fact, using the God baby might offer some interesting aveneus to pursue.

^ Top  
  14. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Though not so much with Bioware.

^ Top  
  15. Trash Pointing and laughing.

Trash
    Though I do wonder. Why are we posting front page newsposts with lame excerpts from some shitty fan page?

^ Top  
  16. JagreenLern Arbiter Patron

JagreenLern
    MCA Project: Eternity
    For people to make fun of them. It's not like there's much real CRPG news around.

^ Top  
  17. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Choice and consequences

^ Top  
  18. Think big! Smoking Dicks

Think big!
    That guy's naive as fuck. Of course they can set things as canon in the sequel. A lot of rpgs do it. Fallout 2 even did it. Actually the only game I can think of that didn't do it is Kotor 2, since you get to pick.

^ Top  
  19. ElectricOtter Scholar

ElectricOtter
    Geneforge 5 did C&C better than Dragon Age. R00fles!

^ Top  
  20. Rhett Butler Scholar

Rhett Butler
    WTF is a god baby?

^ Top  
  21. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    Hey guys, using the power of host file on Windows, you can now block Greywardens.com and prevent any accidental visits on any browser, AT ALL.

At least that's what I did after reading first 2 blog posts.. err, articles, from there.

I just thought it was hilarious that they were running scared trying to justify establishing a community around a clusterfuck called DA the moment DA2 was announced. So the only logical way to proceed was to start justifying every moronic idea leaking out of BioWare (or that was present in DA itself), hoping that the visitors will soon forget the streamlined shitpile heading their way (and they have).

:M

^ Top  
  22. Admiral jimbob gay as all hell

Unwanted
    Andhaira
    Wasteland 2
    At the end of DA, you find out that in this extreme, choice-focused setting, a Spectre Blade Night's Watchman Gay Warden has to sacrifice himself to kill the evil zombie dragon god. Morrigan offers to have sex with the player so that when he kills the evil zombie dragon god its essence will transfer into the unborn child, because that is how things roll in Dragon Age. She then runs away with the kid. At this point, Bioware realised how important a plot point they were potentially setting up, and decided to pretend it never happened.

^ Top  
  23. DragoFireheart all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

DragoFireheart
    If Bioware had balls, they could split the series: one with the child god, and the other without it.

Have two Dragon Age 2 games. Etc:

Dragon Age 2: The Child God

Or

Dragon Age 2: (some interesting phrase).

You can only import your save to the appropriate game. (Ex: if you had sex with Morrigan, you can't import to the non-child god game).

^ Top  
  24. Tycn Savant

Tycn
    Kind of funny how a 2 day old cell counts as a child for the purpose of receiving evil souls. I bet these faggots are pro-life.

^ Top  
  25. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    what this is i don't even-

DO NOT WANT

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)