Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

40$ Dragon Age DLC is coming

Junior Boy

Educated
I'm of the viewpoint that I should fucking not have to pay 100 total dollars for a total gaming product that was probably completed last January.

Then again, I like Dragon Age, so I don't really fucking care too much. I'm sorry BioWare offended the RPG Codex's delicate sensibilities, but I have weak moral gaming principles, so whatever.

On a related note, it's funny to read the Dragon Age forums and see how the devs just insult their community. They constantly troll and make fun of them when the forum members raise even a minor complaint. It's kind of hilarious. The number one rule when someone insults you or your product is to ignore it and let the community come to your defense. David Gaider being sassy = awkward.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Dragon Age Officials said:
players can continue their adventures from Dragon

Dragon Age Officials said:
Players will
be able to import their character from Dragon Age: Origins or
start out as a new Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais.

So does that mean
dead
characters get the shaft? That's kindda cool, actually. C&C, man. C&C.

Wouldn't think Bioware had it in them.

Source.

Silellak said:
Insane Psychic said:
Volourn said:
They learned from the best - afterall, FO, was what? 10 hours long. 20 hours if you took your time. And, that was a 'full' game. R00fles!

I think I spent something like 30 hours on that one, not including replays.
30 $ for 15 hours is not unreasonable in today's game market though.
It's about right for a PC expansion. The real question is whether or not $30 is really an acceptable price for an expansion in general, not the DA expansion in particular.

Of course most people on the Codex don't bother to buy games anyway, so any discussion about game prices is rather pointless.

Jaesun said:
Rohit_N said:

That looks actually half way decent.... one guess. the Talking Darkspawn is Duncan? r00fles! Or not..
Nope, I think he's this fellow. Potential spoilers, if anyone gives a shit.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/The_Architect

I think you're right.

http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=14130

How players choose to rebuild their order, resolve the conflict with the mysterious "Architect," and determine the fate of the darkspawn are just some of the many intriguing moral choices that will shape each player's heroic journey.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
If they do it that way, dead chaarcters aren't getting the shaft. You are dead. Your journey ends. It's not called sacrifice if isn't one.

That said, gamers are crybabies so no I would not be surprised if BIO finds a way to let people even play their dead characaters.

As for BIO making fun of interent posts. I solute them. I wish more companies did it. Internet posters DESERVE to be made fun of.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Volourn said:
That said, gamers are crybabies so no I would not be surprised if BIO finds a way to let people even play their dead characaters.

What, coming back as a golem? As Many-as-One?

Internet posters DESERVE to be made fun of.

Such as Pretty Princess?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Such as Pretty Princess?"

Sure. One has to be a moron to post on the net. That's a fact. *shrug*

"What, coming back as a golem? As Many-as-One?"

Sure. You gotta find a way to make players get their way. Could easily have Morrigan have found a way to do a slightly changed up ritual. The Artitect dude could eaisly have done soemthing since he seems to have a hard on for Wardens, the list goes on.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Fuck Alistair. If he's in the game even though I sent him off I'm gonna fucking lit bioware HQ on fire.

Multi-headed Cow

I hope I can have sex with a broodmother this time around.

KalosKagathos

Learned
Lesifoere said:
Volourn said:

Many-as-One is the cranium rat from Planescape. You're thinking of One-of-Many. :)

Grifthin

Educated
I'm looking forward to it. New skills, New spells, new Specializations and 5 new companions to meet. If you killed your character off you can play a Grey warden from Orlais. Looks pretty good. Some of the enemies also seem improved - The ogre looks like it's wearing armor, Spectral Dragons (ghosts), A Darkspawn that looks like it speaks/intellegent and of course it seems like there is going to be some dissent in the political circles. So maby if you put alistair on the throne they attempt a coup.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
KalosKagathos said:
Lesifoere said:
Volourn said:

Many-as-One is the cranium rat from Planescape. You're thinking of One-of-Many. :)

Shit, sorry. I always confuse the two. Although if they could contrive to let your PC come back as a bunch of intelligent rats, I'd gain some respect for Bioware.

Junior Boy

Educated
One of the Bio developers:

"We like to treat our community like mature human beings capable of complex reasoning, civil discussion, and independent thought, no matter how they might appear otherwise when ranting and whinging and carrying on."

snap.

Hory

Erudite
Grifthin said:
I'm looking forward to it. New skills, New spells, new Specializations and 5 new companions to meet. If you killed your character off you can play a Grey warden from Orlais. Looks pretty good.
SOUNDS TOTALLY AWSUM BRO DONT LET NO CODEXTARDS TELL YOU OTHERWISE!!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"We like to treat our community like mature human beings capable of complex reasoning, civil discussion, and independent thought, no matter how they might appear otherwise when ranting and whinging and carrying on."

Old fashion net beatdown!!!!

"YOU'RE HOPING YOUR GIRLFRIEND WILL SAVE YOU THAT IS SO ROMANTIC "

She already did. :D Multiple times. All night long. :shock:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Grifthin said:
I'm looking forward to it. New skills, New spells, new Specializations and 5 new companions to meet. If you killed your character off you can play a Grey warden from Orlais. Looks pretty good. Some of the enemies also seem improved - The ogre looks like it's wearing armor, Spectral Dragons (ghosts), A Darkspawn that looks like it speaks/intellegent and of course it seems like there is going to be some dissent in the political circles. So maby if you put alistair on the throne they attempt a coup.

IGN forums are that way, bro

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Nah. We'd rather post here and read you crying some more. A lot more fun to be had.

doctor_kaz

Scholar
$30 is in line with typical expansion packs for the PC, but those are usually XPs that come about a year after the original game and presumably have that much more effort put into them. Does anyone believe that Bioware has really come up with a "Hordes of the Underdark" level of new content in four months?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom