Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review ESCMag Loathes COPS 2170

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: MISTLand; Power of Law: COPS: 2170

Another game review site, <a href=http://www.escmag.com/v5/reviews/review.cfm?rv=440>ESCMag</a> has decided to take its turn to piss on Mistland's turn based RPG, COPS 2170 with a little of the following to say:
<br>
<blockquote>Heck, some levels come one after the other with no break to restock at headquarters. That's got me stuck near what I suppose is the end. I wish I'd known I might be protecting the mayor's mansion from wave after wave of killer robots. Instead, I packed for the mission immediately before it, an urban hostage rescue. The only ammo to be had is from dead cops, since robots don't drop any, and none of them actually packed the heavy weapons I need. I can either reload and lose a couple of hours of play, or stop playing. Guess which I chose?</blockquote>
<br>
I can't say I disagree with that. The game could have definitely done with more areas for respite and opportunities to restock your ammunition.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
The Mayors mansion was one of the highlights of the game. The assault on the crimelord at the race track was good too.

Other then those, the rest of the game was a miserable failure. A little better the Paradise Cracked...

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
i think i can scratch this game off my list. many of the reviews talk about things that i know would personally piss me off if confronted with that situation while playing.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
It's a good game, but it lacks polish. I like it, but it could be so way better in many aspects. It's worth a playthrough at least and I'm holding on to my copy just to see if the mod community takes off for it.

LlamaGod

Cipher
I really really like the game, most of the people that complain about it are just idiots.

Every now and then restocking is annoying, but its nothing game breaking, really.

It's just one of those games were the developer doesnt pay off people and the only people that like it are people who actually know what to do and like these type of games.

So, the omg mainstream cuasuel gamor complains about it alot, because they are morons.

I dont know how he can say its a 'huge step backward' from Paradise Cracked, I dont think this guy even plays games, he just reads other reviews and makes his own from that. People need to stop bitching about the voice acting like its the worst thing ever, go play Seal of Evil with English voices and then play Cops 2170.

dunduks

Liturgist
LlamaGod said:
So, the omg mainstream cuasuel gamor complains about it alot, because they are morons.
That pretty much sums it up.
If you have problems with robots, just hack them, and you will see how easy the game becomes, just use the strenght of your charaters.
This game is not the greatest, but it was fun while it lasted.
P.S. Those who have played english version, do you have the dream sequence and spaceport levels?

LlamaGod

Cipher
Yeah, and you didnt even bother to explain why it's bad.

Go back to playing Counter-Strike, boy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom