Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Deus Ex 3 screenshots

Radisshu

Prophet
WAIT, fuck, why is that screenshot with the guy holding the gun from THIRD PERSON? In a deus ex game?

Radisshu

Prophet
Crispy said:
Uh, because it's probably a cut scene?

Doesn't look like a cut scene. It looks like gameplay.

Though I guess it can just be some random shit they threw together to get a screenshot out.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Radisshu said:
Though I guess it can just be some random shit they threw together to get a screenshot out.

Exactly. Most cut scenes (especially in shooters, ROFL) are rendered in-game nowadays anyway. Although I do have to admit I don't know if DE3 is supposed to be FP or 3P or both.

Fake edit: Actually, looking at that particular shot closer, I can't make out any jaggies anywhere, so it might be a pre-rendered cut scene.

Real edit:
hiver said:
When your in cover the view switches to third person.

Ah. I see. That, uh, sucks.

Radisshu

Prophet
Wasn't the original Deus Ex both a financial and ...uh, reviewial success? So why are they putting some shit team that thinks the original is "kinda slow" together to make the sequel, instead of the original team? Or just people who do not think Deus Ex is "kinda slow".

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Radisshu said:
Wasn't the original Deus Ex both a financial and ...uh, reviewial success? So why are they putting some shit team that thinks the original is "kinda slow" together to make the sequel, instead of the original team? Or just people who do not think Deus Ex is "kinda slow".
Because the original team was shut down by Eidos after the failure of IW and Thief 3, and key people like Specter have gone on to other things.

MapMan

Arcane
Those screens look like taken in fucking 800x600 or... from xbox... :evil:

madbringer

Arcane
Why can't they leave veteran franchises alone? :cry:

The next Syndicate will probably look a lot like this, too. FFS

Radisshu

Prophet
My point is, why bring back an old franchise if you're going to rape it completely? I'm not saying they will, but judging by these screenshots, well...

Wait, what does this remind me of?

fallout3.jpg

Radisshu

Prophet
I didn't like the beginning of your post, root, but by the end of it I must say you were on the level. BROFIST

Dionysus

Scholar
The new trailer is entertaining, but I don't have much faith in this one. The devs are nobodies AFAIK.

.Sigurd

Educated
Sorry guys, but the game will not have medkits (health regen already comfirmed). And there is a rumor about the game not have inventory.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Although I do have to admit I don't know if DE3 is supposed to be FP or 3P or both.

Both, like R6: Vegas.

And screens are obviously bullshots.

UPDATE: No, watched them again and aliasing is noticeable. I guess they use "next-gen" palette to cover jaggies.

denizsi

Arcane
6dmut.jpg

FFS, not AGAIN!

denizsi said:
You have to refrain from sewers as much as you can! Sewers have long become the most overused and horrible clichés in games, especially in 3D games, and especially in FPSs. They are fucking boring, and nauseating, especially when you have to go through entire levels based in and around sewers. Fuck sewers

denizsi said:
You do go through the normal cramped hallway and sewers

This is the reason I stopped playing FPSs. I even almost quit on Bloodlines because of the sewers. If it's got sewers in it, I ain't playing it! Fucking developers, get your sewers out of my FPS!

Thank FSM some people still make games like Far Cry and Far Cry 2 that have none (confirmed before gameplay). I'll take even ultra-repetitive sand or vegetation over 10 minutes of sewers.

denizsi said:
I just hope that they won't overdo a series of levels taking place entirely in SEWERS and WAREHOUSES, though I can see at least one shot featuring environments similar to both on one of the scans. Every FP game without an exception, features stupid and boring sewer and warehouse levels which are nothing but filler content. Even Bloodlines did it. Sewers and warehouses are just plain ass stupid, and after years of overexposure to one bland corridor after another and one bland room choke full of useless boxes after another with the occassional and retarded "secret" to be found in one random box, the whole thing is just nauseating to me. Just fucking no. Sewers and warehouses in FP makes me feel like puking.

I'm not playing any FP game with sewers and warehouses any more unless the game has convinced me earlier that it won't be just another drag of filler levels just because they couldn't think of anything else and that they could add a few more hourse to the game length. "The road is blocked, sewers are our best bet", fuck that.

Two exceptions were Deus Ex and the Russian campaign in Call of Duty. Sewers in DX weren't obligatory routes and served actual purposes on how you approached a problem. Sewers in CoD didn't take long and were done with style. Hearing German propaganda to turn Russian soldiers added flavour too.

Radisshu

Prophet
That's supposed to be some kind of sewage liquid? I'm no graphics whore, but damn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom