Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: New Vegas First Gameplay Video

MetalCraze

Arcane
"This is a dangerous place human, especially for your kind"
Why does the mutant talk like a retard?
Yeah Obsidian are so totally "creators of Fallout" that they forgot that mutants are humans too?

And then they show supermutant swinging at you with a giant sword while you shoot the shit out of everyone

So where are all those "omg they are raping Fallout!" cries like when Bethesda did the same?
Oh but what do I know - this is going to be a yet another real RPG from Obsidian

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Fallout has already been raped skyway... you can't rerape it durr.

boger

Novice
Patron
Codex 2012
MetalCraze said:
And then they show supermutant swinging at you with a giant sword while you shoot the shit out of everyone

So where are all those "omg they are raping Fallout!" cries like when Bethesda did the same?
Oh but what do I know - this is going to be a yet another real RPG from Obsidian
second rape isnt a rape...

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Considering the circumstances, they're only wiping off some dried cum and taking care of the biggest bruises.

Ruprekt

Scholar
I think this will be ok.

Obsidian can write, and theyve already spelled out how they'll fix the glaring gameplay loopholes/exploits Bethesda like to leave in their games,

And they've got that OOO mod guy who knows how to create decently challenging content for Oblivian/Fallout with guns.

- of course being Obsidian they could still somehow fuck it up.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
MetalCraze said:

Yeah, the first page of the thread is absolutely glowing with praise.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I think the biggest improvement they could make to combat is make it so you only use VATS on special ocasions, make it mostly an FPS, otherwise it breaks the pace of the gameplay.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
whu? finished me2 and don't recall anything like that.. ah wait, that monkey shooting thing on the krogen homeworld.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The Pyjaks on Tuchanka

Pyjack2.png

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
i am disgusted and appalled that you actually remembered those names.

Radisshu

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
"This is a dangerous place human, especially for your kind"
Why does the mutant talk like a retard?
Yeah Obsidian are so totally "creators of Fallout" that they forgot that mutants are humans too?

Obsidian might be seen as the creators of Fallout 2, where mutants refered to humans as "humies", and the final (and only) boss wielded a huge sword.

And there are plenty of retard mutants.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Harry

Dionysus

Scholar
Lavoisier said:
I think the biggest improvement they could make to combat is make it so you only use VATS on special ocasions, make it mostly an FPS, otherwise it breaks the pace of the gameplay.
I don't see that happening. VATS was a pretty big hit with a lot of the critics. At best, they'll probably lower the damage nerfing on higher difficulty levels so you have to think twice before using it.

I'm surprised that Beth allowed this footage to get to the public. They should be showing off stuff that looks different from FO3, and the NV wasteland isn't different enough. Also, we've already seen screens of new super-mutant models. They should have stuck to stuff like New Vegas at night, Caesar's legion, and new monsters.

bhlaab

Erudite
I was hoping the mutants wouldn't use the Fallout 3 super mutant voice actor but I also didn't really expect them to pull the guy from everybody loved raymond back in to do some bit parts

Luzur

Good Sir
boger said:
MetalCraze said:

more like sloppy seconds.

DriacKin

Arbiter
boger said:
MetalCraze said:

Except that FO3 wasn't the first rape. FO2 raped the setting years before Beth bought the license.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
fo2: creepy guy fingering setting on a crowded bus.

fot: date with a seemingly nice guy who started being weird after foreplay, and while she wanted him to get off, he just wouldn't.

bos: setting goes to a college party where a guy slips her a spiked drink, ending in her being raped by said guy and his buddies while being passed out. it could have been a real trauma had she remembered anything, as it happened, she didn't.

fo3: everyone thinks setting died, while in truth she has been abducted and taken out of country by a russian mobster, who, over the course of several months, horrbily and repeatedly rapes and beats her into submission.

fo3 mods: setting is forced to give hand- and blow-jobs as rewards to the mobster's lieutenants.

fo3 dlc: the mobster decides setting needs some more conditioning and again starts savagely raping and beating her, until she just stops feeling anything.

fo:nv: the creepy bus guy turns out to be one of the mobster's associates in very good standing, and "borrows" setting for a while. he is gentle and possibly even genuinely cares about her, in that creepy stalker-like fashion, but she doesn't care, feel, or even recognize him. all she wants is to die and be done with it.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
SuicideBunny said:
fo:nv: the creepy bus guy turns out to be one of the mobster's associates in very good standing, and "borrows" setting for a while. he is gentle and possibly even genuinely cares about her, in that creepy stalker-like fashion, but she doesn't care, feel, or even recognize him. all she wants is to die and be done with it.
all she wants is to die and be done with it.
wants to die
4_22_schiavo_terri2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom