Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Founding of Crossroads

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Crossroads

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACX78dmoqno

Once again, 200 MB. I should YouTube them one day.

After much discussion and deliberation, we have founded our town and called it simply: Crossroads. In the end, it was a name that most of us could live with without making any particular group feel exluded.

The idea is that the town will have two major Crossroads (roads crossing each other) with one at its centre (where the Village Idol is) and the other up North by the mine. So it's partly that and also because there's an item called "Crossroads" in-game used for fast travel so maximum confusion FTW!

Feel free to call it Crossroads City or CC as you wish. Hopefully we'll become some sort of trading hub or something, who knows! Refer to yourselves as Roadies or Codexians or Orlaisians or Wurstonevillians or whatever as you please.

You can watch the video to see the founding of our village, name confusion and working out how much LP we actually needed to do it. In the end, Ajax and I shared the load at 15k each. At some point (possibly when we have a Brick Wall somewhere and some things we want to trade for / with) I'll make an announcement on the Official H&H forums.

Lawspeaker: Barry Fletcher Norwin
Chieftain: Lord Braden von Kruger
Hirdsman: Archess, PackRat.

Town Planning

Town Planning is being left entirely up to Kruger to make something sexy. He too as Chieftain, is responsible for the Hird (though we talked about and agreed Archess and Pack would be the best Hirdsman).

All villagers will get their own personal plots (40x40 tiles or in a range of sizes, whatever works out in the end) but for now the community area protected by the Pallisade is where most stuff will go.

New Members

I can also introduce Stork of Falador (I knew it as "The Tavern"). His city went to shit so he's joined us. He's a pretty cool guy that isn't afraid of anything.

We're not afraid to take new people in. We can abuse / boot / kill (or should be able to kill) if neccesary and from my personal experience with Codex in its various incarnations, the more the better. And if we don't keep new people coming in, everyone gets bored and quits anyway. :/

As a general rule, if they speak good English (proper capitalisation is always a good sign) and seem like nice fellows (make lots of cock jokes) then we shouldn't have any problems.

That said, referrals are always preferred. So if you know peeps looking for a place to join, let them know.

"Let me chop some damn trees"
:lol:

As for recruiting new members DU why don't you write a newspost about it? You have the power, (ab)use it.

Archess

Novice
Progess

Progress!
We finished our first mining hole today, must say it's a lot more efficient than running to and from the cave, good work everyone! :)

mineq.jpg

mine2y.jpg

mine3.jpg

orgyg.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom