Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's blow shit up in World of Tanks

Destroid

Arcane
Played way too much of this a few months ago, came to the conclusion it's a piece of shit.

Might become interesting if they ever implement the meta game.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
RP72501.jpg

WHO WANNA RIDE SHOTGUN? :D

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Downloading it now. If it's any good, it might be a lot of fun to spread some Codex cheer with.

Destroid

Arcane
It would also be nice if they had a mode that enforced same faction teams, it always grated on me that it was mixed (same with navyfield).

Destroid

Arcane
Even with the free gold for beta, the grind is pretty damn long/tedious. I can't imagine what it would be like without premium for the xp bonus, you would probably need to play 100+ hours to get a level 10 tank.

BTW, the totally OP tanks are (or were like 5 months ago):

VK3601
T-44
IS-4
Any artillery
KV-3

I didn't play with the yank tanks so I don't know which of those are good.

chzr

Scholar
well i'm not using premium account and the grind isn't that bad, especially if you play with a tank you like. also it's not like you have to grind for tier 10 tanks at all.

Destroid said:
TDs simply don't have enough health, they suck (except for tier 8/9 is ok).

if you want health with TD, your doing it wrong... obviously they are not russian tanks which can take every retard and rush forward but once you learn to use them, they can be really good. you need decent team with spotters for that though.

the biggest problem for TDs is currently matchmaking since they get often games against T7 tanks where they have little or no chance to even penetrate anything.

Destroid

Arcane
Only a few of the TDs have guns that have better penetration than same tier mediums and heavies anyway.

SPGs have just as much health as TDs and better one hit KO power :p

The first few tiers are quick enough to get through but tier 5+ takes a long time, even with premium.

Destroid

Arcane
It's not an MMO. It's like CoD where you earn xp and you buy gear, but you just join a match similar to a shooter.

reaven

Educated
I have played it a lot, stopped playing some months ago after getting a vk4602 or something like that (the one before the maus).
And yeah the game is all about grind sadly, the only genuinely fun battles are on tiers 3/4 tanks. The heavy and super heavy tanks kill this game, in my opinion. On tier 5 and 6 it starts to get tedious but is passable with premium. After that its just annoyingly long. The best part is that with the higher tier tanks you must buy premium otherwise you don't get enough money to maintain them.
My tip is that you enjoy the beta while you can since you get free gold, when you will have to pay its going to lose a lot of players which aint gonna be paying for grinding shit.

turn_based_fanboy said:
That's whole point of MMO if you could make tier 10 in two weeks what would be point in playing it ?

Instead of dividing tanks to appropriate years, having a point pool for the entire team or something like that? Yeah, grinding hundred games so that you can get a tank that can penetrate the rear armor of a TD in five shots = fun, good multiplayer gameplay.

Why not have you grind hundred games in Starcraft 2 so that you can build something else than marines?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom