Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Biowhores grudgingly admit: Witcher > DA2

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Jim Cojones said:
The Witcher is an action adventure with RPG elements

I'll go with this definition.

DarthBehemoth said:
Wrong. The Witcher had some nice C&C and wasn't mostly cutscenes.

That just isn't true at all. Witcher had choices but the consequences were either: 1) cutscenes; or 2) so shallow in their distinction that they amounted to little more than fighting a different set of npcs. If a game has to pause the game play and present a still-image tableau telling you that you just made a choice and showing a still image 'result' then I don't consider that meaningful consequence.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
J_C said:
DriacKin said:
DarthBehemoth said:
DriacKin said:
The Witcher, on the other hand, was absolutely fucking awful.

Wrong. The Witcher had some nice C&C and wasn't mostly cutscenes. I admit the combat is terribad and the VA leaves a lot to be desired, but it's miles ahead of DA2.

Wrong. The C&C in Witcher was nothing more than Biowarian style choices without comsequences.
This is Volly level trolling. How can you say this, when clearly there were consequences to your choices?

If you don't agree, please tell me what kind of consequences would you like in the game?

I think that Twitcher's critics mean here is that although there was conseequence to any of your choices, the fact that that consequence was purely cosmetic. They didn't change much of the gamplay, had little on the story and were generaly seen as underwhelming.

So what you solved the mystery behind the Salamandra and the Swamp Tower? The only difference was that in act III you faced more difficult boss, and that's all.

It didn't matter whether you sided with elves, order or stayed neutral. In the end you always faced the Grandmaster and were forced to put him down just because.

Especially in this last example, I felt, a perfect opportunity was wasted. You have three routes and all they change is meanigless fluff - that this or that fag will die, or that you'll enter the keep from western and not eastern side. Honestly, having sided with the order I half expected to be able to join forces with GM. Never happened. The final confrontation looked one and the same no matter which path you chose. It felt really cheap. Oh, and that one slide at the end with the short monologue by Dandelion. Very poor compared to Fallout 2 or MotB.

Having said all that, I still think that regardless of the genre Twitcher represented, it was far more enjoyable game than both DAs (admittedly, I only played DA:O and the demo of DA2) and I rank it as comperable to MotB as far as overal quality is concerned.

flushfire

Augur
One of the C&C I remember bearing some (albeit minor) weight involved that drug-dealer NPC. did a quick google search, Coleman? Not really sure what I needed the fisstech for, but I remember not finding another immediate source nor having the option to just reload a fairly recent save.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"better combat(nightmare pussys )

Fuck nightmare. DA2 hard mode makes me almost regret calling people pussies for playig on easy or normal in DA1 b/c fuck DA2 on ahrd is very possibility the ahrdest game I've ever played. I alreayd decided to lower it for one boss battle 9will try it on hard later but i wanna continue game), and I'm still debating if I want to continuen on hard.

I'm now potentially a Codexian pussy. :(

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Volourn said:
"better combat(nightmare pussys )

Fuck nightmare. DA2 hard mode makes me almost regret calling people pussies for playig on easy or normal in DA1 b/c fuck DA2 on ahrd is very possibility the ahrdest game I've ever played. I alreayd decided to lower it for one boss battle 9will try it on hard later but i wanna continue game), and I'm still debating if I want to continuen on hard.

I'm now potentially a Codexian pussy. :(

PC as mage, Merril, avelin, random.

Step 1: Aveline tanks motherfucking everything
Step 2: 2x tempest
Step 3: 2x firestorm
Step 4: Sprinkle liberally with cone of cold
Step 5: rinse
Step 6: repeat

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom