Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BW continues to milk retards, buy gear for real $ in DA2

ortucis

Prophet
What's the point of new costumes in BioWare games anyway? The game isn't a MMO and NPC's don't react to the way you are dressed. It's entirely pointless. You have to be a retard to love..

bought it, the rogue armor looks sweet:)

Bought it over an hour ago. Good times.

Sweet!

Those weapons and armor look great. Nice to see some DLC for DA2.

Looks neat! I plan on buying it when I get home :D

It's your 5 dollars, just wanted to point out that it's some fairly nice stuff in terms of quality they've designed. Completely optional for anyone, but nice to see options available.

Thank you bioware. I'm really enjoying these new items. I look forward to your future DLC's.

Nice! Just downloaded them!

Yussss. New stuffs.

Totally going to buy the Mage and Rogue one right now. If I'm overly impressed, I might just spring for the Warrior one just for my companions

I'm sure that seeing a handful of people not spend a WHOPPING $5 for items that look good and last most/all the campaign will discourage Bioware from making future item packs. Keep it up guys!

2yvs561.jpg

:/

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's what you get for ignoring the Codex Crispy.

Mortmal

Arcane
if you read the comments you have people genuinely interested into that.. ,their new fanbase is completely lobotomized, bah just reading that make me want to climb top of a tower and snipe random people with a rifle. I swimmed in a sea of stupidity for those quotes:

"Looks neat! I plan on buying it when I get home :D"

"Hmmmm....DLc or chocolate....DLC or chocolate.... ;)"

"hank you bioware. I'm really enjoying these new items. I look forward to your future DLC's."

"
nice. *ordering more DLC* ^^

btw just installed them. very nice items. love them. great looks. thumbs up & designers
What i also love is the additional lore involved with these items. Kudos.

@some of the b^ching ppl: guys, seriously after so many weeks you are still here. "you can start making sense anytime now" by starting enjoying the game ;-)"

Enough.. enough.. enough!!!!!

Peter

Arcane
Mortmal said:
@some of the b^ching ppl: guys, seriously after so many weeks you are still here. "you can start making sense anytime now" by starting enjoying the game ;-)"

:x

Zeus

Cipher
Who cares?

No, seriously, who cares?

Is:

"Bioware wants REAL MONEY for FAKE WEAPONS"

So much worse than:

"Bioware wants REAL MONEY for FAKE WEAPONS, MAPS AND QUESTS"?

Because that's the definition of an expansion pack. Expansion packs used to cost $15-30. This is a fraction of the content for a fraction of the price.

Hint: Nothing in your favorite game is real. You traded real money for fake people who live in fake towns on fake maps giving you fake missions to kill fake things, rewarding you with more fake things. (In before smug comments about not paying real money due to piracy.) The only exception are feelies. Wall maps and pewter statues are real.

I won't buy this--I don't have DA2--but the only way I'm totally opposed to the concept of paying for new content is in competitive games. Maps are fine, but ammo, weapons, etc., is insane. If League of Legends didn't let you buy runes with IP earned through free wins, I wouldn't play it, because I won't pay a game where someone can buy wins over human opponents.

Mortmal

Arcane
No , its not the same, an expansion add gameplay , that dlc just add cosmetics, cosmetic like this facebook micropyament era is all about , i hate it. I do care cause i enjoyed the previous bioware games despite their flaws ,and its going down the way of origin.
Now read bioware boards, volourn looks like an academician compare to those new fanboys, no really...

Zeus

Cipher
Mortmal said:
No , its not the same, an expansion add gameplay , that dlc just add cosmetics

Citation needed.

The website describes it as a "combined collection of arms, armor and accessories for you and your followers." Weapons, armor and accessories affect gameplay. Hell, they're one of the essential RPG components. Imagine if Bioware removed weapons, armor and accessories entirely. Everyone would complain that they dumbed down the gameplay.

Mortmal

Arcane
well they already did it, you cant affect much of your companions equipment, and unless you autolevel you could even unable to equip hawke equipment, the itemization is terribe in DA2 . None of this matters much since encounters are so easy and all the same your equipment dont affect the game .

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"you cant affect much of your companions equipment,"

False. just armour and one character's weapon. Dumbass.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I have a briliant idea for a new milking scheme. Just release a simple client application which will show the menu, and everything else will be buyable through a DLC system. At character creation you will pick your class, skills and stuff and at the end you will be presented with a bill for it. And when the game starts the DLC buying scheme will continue, every quest, every armor, every item, every city you can visit you will have to buy. The prices will be quite low, few cents, just to make people think that its no money at all.

And I have a perfect slogan for it! "Build your own adventure!".

Mortmal

Arcane
Volourn said:
"you cant affect much of your companions equipment,"

False. just armour and one character's weapon. Dumbass.

You can't undress the female companions anymore and you consider that minor ? you, a bioware die hard fan ? You are an apostate now.

Zeus

Cipher
Mortmal said:
you cant affect much of your companions equipment, and unless you autolevel you could even unable to equip hawke equipment, the itemization is terribe in DA2

Who cares, right? It's all "cosmetics."

Pick a stance. :roll:

Zdzisiu said:
I have a briliant idea for a new milking scheme. Just release a simple client application which will show the menu, and everything else will be buyable through a DLC system.

Hah, they have a popular pinball game on Xbox 360 that works like that. The "game" is free, but it's actually a client that makes you pay to download pinball table collection DLC.

And people why mod support is so hard to get these days. Hell, even PC support is hard. Give me any PC RPG and even without mod support and I could probably hack in some slightly different weapons with slightly different stats in a few days. And if all you care about is making the game easier, anyone can probably hexedit their stats in memory after a 5 minute tutorial online. But when you lock that out from players, that's all it takes to make shitloads of money. They are literally selling a 10 minute mod job as 1/12th the price of a (shitty) 1 year game. I don't understand why they even bother releasing games anymore. All major publishers should just collude to say fuck you to players and offer an infinite stream of DLC.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Zeus said:
Is:

"Bioware wants REAL MONEY for FAKE WEAPONS"

So much worse than:

"Bioware wants REAL MONEY for FAKE WEAPONS, MAPS AND QUESTS"?

Yes. New maps and quests are content. Weapons are not content. You play games for content. Therefore new weapons for cash are worthless, but new maps and quests might actually be worth something.

Saios

Novice
Orly

Next DLC pack will be shaved head hairstyles, sparse unrealistic beards and new eye colors. :thumbsup: Gotta love the DLC generation.

Mortmal

Arcane
Volourn said:
I don't give a shit about BIO.

Oh ? you are damn active on bioware boards mr Bouchard ted...Your heart ache when we speak foul of your beloved bioware , the white knight always ready to defend them ;)
like "in Anyone afraid the bad review might make BioWare go back to Origins style?" thread

Zeus

Cipher
Xor said:
Yes. New maps and quests are content. Weapons are not content.

Since when--five minutes ago when you read Bioware was selling weapons?

Weapons are content. That was the crux of arguments against Mass Effect 2 -- Bioware messed with the inventory and dumbed down the game. Here, Bioware adds more weapons, armor and accessories, which you suddenly complain are not content?

Can't have it both ways.

Jaz

Educated
I'd rather get me some kool mods which will have the same effect, 4free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom